Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 04-09-2021, 04:19 PM   #21
Tater
Singularity Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Yeah Tater, check out the Monster Evolution server some night. If I'm on I'll show you how it works. It's an RPG server (listed under assault). It's not a monster mash but rather team vs. map. It's fun when you get a good team built up and get the hang of how it works. I think it'd be fun to get some Omni people over there, but maybe people just want to bash tanks around I dont know.

You pick a class... medic, support, berserker and as you rack up points you can add abilities to your character (which is saved to the server based on your name). Some maps are fairly easy and some are insane, you just pick a map that's appropriate for your team's average level.
Oh wow that sounds way more advanced than base UT.
RPG as in roles (like you said with medic, support, berserk) or as in a top down / 3rd person and an open world type of deal? Think I don't understand what a "RPG" game really is lol.
And I could see a maximum 3 people from OMNI coming over and trying that ha, most just like the simple games/nodes/maps now sadly
I'll be sure to check it out at some point, the only game modes I've ever really played on UT is 98% Onslaught, 1% Bombing Run and 1% CTF
Old 04-09-2021, 04:49 PM   #22
GuyThat42069sU
Just Registered

I'm down for some monster mash, tried the server a few times but not enough people to make it fun yet.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:00 PM   #23
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
Oh wow that sounds way more advanced than base UT.
RPG as in roles (like you said with medic, support, berserk) or as in a top down / 3rd person and an open world type of deal? Think I don't understand what a "RPG" game really is lol.
And I could see a maximum 3 people from OMNI coming over and trying that ha, most just like the simple games/nodes/maps now sadly
I'll be sure to check it out at some point, the only game modes I've ever really played on UT is 98% Onslaught, 1% Bombing Run and 1% CTF
The gameplay is the same... 1st person. Your current name is saved as your "character" and you select a "class"... medic, berserker, support, necro, and something else I cant remember. The difference is it's human players vs. the map enemies and objectives. Health and ammo are sparse so it's up to the teammates to supply those for each other. Building of your character is progressive over the course of months but the progress is always saved. I've been playing for over a year and I'm at lvl 200 of a total of 250. I'll probably never hit 250 as the higher levels are wider and wider apart.

Within each class are sets of abilities you can buy once you acquire enough stat points (through completing objectives, killing, healing etc.). The creator of the server went through a shitload of work and it's really neat. If you die you respawn at the next objective. There are also "magic" weapons which can be made or randomly found. These are modifiers of stock weapons "link gun of inferno" starts enemies on fire, there are a bunch of modded weapons... poison, healing, reloading etc etc. It's really teamwork oriented and there's a lot of communication and planning. If you rush objectives you'll probably get slayed by the monsters.

RPG means role playing game. I'm not exactly sure what qualifies. I think of SNES games like zelda and Super Mario RPG, but I guess WoW would be ultimate RPG? This still feels like you're playing ut2004 though.

And it's not monster mash, that's a totally different thing where you're in an arena and DM-ing monsters (i dont like monster mash)
Old 04-10-2021, 12:52 PM   #24
El Chingon
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Yesss original primeval!

One day I'll have fully transformed this server into a demo server.
+1 on the original Primeval, also like Rando and YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH I like some Torlan from time to time, fun times on that map being mostly demo player

You may now go ahead and rage at my taste of Torlan lol
Old 04-10-2021, 05:50 PM   #25
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Bitchslap with Slap is on the server, it might not show up tonight until the next restart (tomorrow) or if it crashes, I couldn't restart now there were people playing!

TripleSlap is a no. The map states its "exclusively for Death Warrant". Even though its available widely on the internet, it doesn't feel right putting it on our server when DW is still active.
Old 04-11-2021, 05:28 PM   #26
Terminator
Getting there...

ONS - Wrong Turn
ONS - Suspense
ONS - Sirocco Nights
ONS - Raceway
ONS - Sun Tzu
ONS - Tricky
Old 04-12-2021, 08:31 AM   #27
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Tricky is already there. Suspense might be too.

Raceway, SunTzu and WrongTurn would be good too, IMO. I'll look at them when I get a chance. I've been fairly slammed at work/home so it might be a bit.
Old 04-12-2021, 12:26 PM   #28
TotalBurn
Certified Lurker

ONS-BGA-Core (maybe add a few more vehicles)
Old 04-13-2021, 09:38 AM   #29
Enyo
Getting there...

ONS - Walls of Floyd... still waiting on that one.

Only downside is it's a no vehicle map, so it'll rarely get voted. Maybe add a couple mantas, hellbenders and scorpions to mix it up a bit.
Old 04-13-2021, 10:35 AM   #30
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Yeah WallsOfFloyd is one that I like as well, but the only ONS version is the RMD version, so I didn't want to just steal the map from an active server...
Old 04-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #31
Terminator
Getting there...

BiggerBeerBattle
Old 04-13-2021, 05:37 PM   #32
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Cataldi Park

Plus, a similar map I've seen em play on CEONSS where they navigate around standing on books.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:38 PM   #33
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

The ones from this thread page 4:
http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...t=14876&page=4
Old 04-13-2021, 05:51 PM   #34
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Cataldi Park

Plus, a similar map I've seen em play on CEONSS where they navigate around standing on books.

ONS-ABC-UCMP (or UCMP-ABC originally, I think). Main complaint by our players is that the map is too childish (the mapper was very committed to create everything out of letters). The hover books with "ONS for Noobs" on the cover are really great, though.

Last edited by EmanReleipS; 04-14-2021 at 04:32 PM..
Old 04-13-2021, 10:59 PM   #35
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Yeah WallsOfFloyd is one that I like as well, but the only ONS version is the RMD version, so I didn't want to just steal the map from an active server...
I have the RMD owner's email, I'll ask him. Not sure I'll get an answer though. If you ever see Wacko23 playing here, he's an RMD admin too, we could ask him.
Old 04-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #36
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
I have the RMD owner's email, I'll ask him. Not sure I'll get an answer though. If you ever see Wacko23 playing here, he's an RMD admin too, we could ask him.
That would work.

I like the ABC map, that one is fun. As is BiggerBeerBattle. I can almost here the JY,Minus, JY, Dria, Minus crowd crying over that one.

When I get a chance I'll compile a list of maps we are considering. If I find any that have been on server previously, I'll post them up even if say the vehicle loadout is crappy, as they've been through testing.

Speaking of testing, does anyone want to help test out maps? In the past Omni had the TWC (The Wrecking Crew) which today is just WMD40. He was quite helpful on several of the maps. Good to test for things like map holes/exploits as well as vehicle balance/selection. You don't need to have mapping experience to help. [And if anyone wants to learn that let me know]
Old 04-14-2021, 01:08 PM   #37
Tater
Singularity Slayer

Quote:

I like the ABC map, that one is fun. As is BiggerBeerBattle. I can almost here the JY,Minus, JY, Dria, Minus crowd crying over that one.

Speaking of testing, does anyone want to help test out maps? In the past Omni had the TWC (The Wrecking Crew) which today is just WMD40
+1 BiggerBeerBattle, also I think Termi mentioned something about 2ndRaceway, I'd like to see that return (even if I have to deal with the tank camping the garages).

I'd be willing to help if that means I can test on my own time to find exploits / things wrong with the map. I don't always have time to hop in and test with others if that's what the wrecking crew did. If not, that's fine.
I was also gonna ask to add the flak back to pyroclastic, but I figured out at the end the RMD weapons can still deal out good damage
Old 04-14-2021, 05:56 PM   #38
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tater View Post
+1 BiggerBeerBattle, also I think Termi mentioned something about 2ndRaceway, I'd like to see that return (even if I have to deal with the tank camping the garages).
Tater, honestly, that is why I like RaceWay! I have a lot of fun trying to sneak around the tank and attack the node.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:55 PM   #39
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Tater, honestly, that is why I like RaceWay! I have a lot of fun trying to sneak around the tank and attack the node.

Yep fun if you're in the tank blasting away, and fun if you sneak around and surprise the tank. I'd like to add a few more EONS Scorps they are fun to get around the map.
Old 04-14-2021, 08:08 PM   #40
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Yep fun if you're in the tank blasting away, and fun if you sneak around and surprise the tank. I'd like to add a few more EONS Scorps they are fun to get around the map.
Yes! and its fun dodge to open the door and let the Paladin in! Then the tank is doomed.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught