Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 01-15-2020, 10:14 AM   #1
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Default So I've seen calls for "new" maps...

It seems there's been several people calling for new maps on the server....

I agree, but as I can attest its a bit of work.

I think that there's a few existing maps that could benefit from a vehicle (and may be node layout) loadout refresh.

I don't want to change some to the Favs, beyond my two minus edits, and leave the JY, Dria etc ones alone..but what are everyone's thoughts for edits on some of the maps that are on the server that don't get played much:

Like:
Halloween I like the visual appeal of this map, but even the latest edit needs more vehicles since its so big...here I think adding the Wyverns and other mantas, more fliers, a mino , a few nukes hidden etc. Might make this fun, plus maybe change up the node layout and add a few nodes...

Valarna (same as above).
Both of those are large and it seems like some of the "newer" vehicles like the Wyverns/Falcons might be fun.
Icarus Manta Madness...another that could be more flier focused (aka slated..but much smaller).

Anyone else have any ideas?

I figure modifying some of the already approved maps makes it easier than grabbing a map off the internet and making sure it all works right.
Old 01-15-2020, 12:56 PM   #2
Enyo
Getting there...

Hey man, if you're willing I say go for it! When I get a minute I'll take a look and suggest some maps that could use a refresh.
Old 01-15-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
It seems there's been several people calling for new maps on the server....

I agree, but as I can attest its a bit of work.

I think that there's a few existing maps that could benefit from a vehicle (and may be node layout) loadout refresh.

I don't want to change some to the Favs, beyond my two minus edits, and leave the JY, Dria etc ones alone..but what are everyone's thoughts for edits on some of the maps that are on the server that don't get played much:

Like:
Halloween I like the visual appeal of this map, but even the latest edit needs more vehicles since its so big...here I think adding the Wyverns and other mantas, more fliers, a mino , a few nukes hidden etc. Might make this fun, plus maybe change up the node layout and add a few nodes...

Valarna (same as above).
Both of those are large and it seems like some of the "newer" vehicles like the Wyverns/Falcons might be fun.
Icarus Manta Madness...another that could be more flier focused (aka slated..but much smaller).

Anyone else have any ideas?

I figure modifying some of the already approved maps makes it easier than grabbing a map off the internet and making sure it all works right.
Halloween:
The other night some of us were messing around in the FastFurious map and just decided to call a truce and play bumper cars with the scorpions and I thought it was pretty fun. Maybe a crazy idea would be to pack the Halloween map full of Nitro Scorpions (possibly arena style with no other vehicle types) and let people duke it out on the floor? Or use Nitro Scorpions that have no firing capability so it's at least easy to commute from node to node, but can also make for some fun collisions? Or go nuts with a variety of scorpion types. It already has the randomly placed ramps.

MantaMadness:
I think this is a cool map, it just needs a slight vehicle refresh and get rid of the LoGrav mutator. I think standard gravity would make this one way more fun to play instead of floating around helplessly while vehicles destroy you.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught