Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Exclamation Protocol for our Modders/Mappers

WARNING

Allright gang... LISTEN UP !!!

We are fortunate to have quite a few individuals who have the talents to create new maps and vehicles to feed our addictions. As is true of most "genius" types.. they are very attached to their work

When commenting on any of their work, whether it be in the forums or via VOIP online.... keep the criticism constructive; because they have such a vested interest, it is very easy for lazily typed words to appear as a personal attack.... do not stray into the this "area". They are devoting their time and effort for YOU.... the very least you can do is devote time and effort into your comments/thoughts and ideas on their work. I will not tolerate anything that even partially verges on a personal slight. Treat these fragile types with the respect they deserve.

For forum etiquette in particular... please remember this... most of you dorks have trouble adequately expressing yourselves in words. Thats not entirely true.. but I can't resist a cheap shot now and then.
Use the damned emoticons, or put in the old-fashioned smiley.. or whatever... just don't leave your sentence/thoughts open for interpretation. Re-read what you type before you submit it and decide if it might be mis-interpreted; if there is a chance of that then re-type it or don't post it.

I will have zero tolerance on this kind of shit... it already helped push one of our prominent friends out of the business... and I will do everything in my power to prevent another occurrence.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:55 AM   #2
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Attentionall Mappers and Modders:

I'd like to formally introduce to you...

The Wrecking Crew, consisting of WMD40, Daeryn and 337.

These gentlemen have consented to contributing their time to try break your creations. To that end, when you have a map/modification that you believe ready for the server, please forward to them (and me) via PM the links to those maps and any (if required) packages. Their job is not really to judge your work (though they will have an eye towards playability) but to ensure that all the bits and pieces are working properly. They will test offline, and in a server environment; while not 32p at least we will get a rough idea of the online performance characteristics.

[edit]

I shouldn't really have to point this out, but apparently I do. TheWreckingCrew is not your own beta test squad. Any maps submitted to us should be (in your mind), server ready. Please respect the amount of time these gentlemen already contribute and do your own beta testing.

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 01-30-2008 at 12:12 AM..
Old 08-18-2007, 10:44 AM   #3
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Map modification naming conventions:

For all future modifications to maps, please name them identically to the version you are modifying and tack "Beta(number)" onto the back of the name.

For example, if you are messing with MTMU-)o(-EVO-V13... your map for torture test purposes should be named MTMU-)o(-EVO-V13-Beta1. Once the map has been ok'd for the server, you would then change the version number to go on the server (V14 in this example)

Tanks-A-Lot,

CD

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 08-20-2007 at 08:54 AM..
Old 10-22-2007, 08:55 AM   #4
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Revised Map Naming Conventions:

While )o( appreciates the efforts of all the mappers/modders, we have decided we do not want to see the )o( tag in any future map names. The primary reason for this is the fact that, for most of the existing ones, the mapper/modifier is not part of the clan. This could lead to confusion in future (most likely for UT3 now) if someone is trying to contact the author.

To that end, keep the original map name with a version number, and if you want, add your name/handle into it (keep it short). You should also add your name and contact info into the information file within the map.

thank-you

Old 07-28-2008, 04:40 PM   #5
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

[edit] Clarification on map naming.

As times have changed (as they always do) in and around the Omnipotents ONS world, so do the rules, regulations and guidelines. I've left previous posts in here as a "time capsule" of the past... for reminiscing purposes.

TheWreckingCrew's face has changed. For all map submissions to gain server airtime, PM the map and appropriate files (if required) to:

Big_Al_B
WMD40
Daeryn
Carpe Diem

I will point out once again that TheWreckingCrew is not your personal beta testing team. Please try to ensure your map is as bug free and complete as possible prior to submission.

When altering any map, please obtain, or make a serious attempt to do so, the authors permission. It is not our job to get this permission. Additionally, if it is a modification to a map already on our server please contact (or attempt to) that person to come up with an agree-able naming convention.On that note, we would prefer not to have names added to maps that have already been extensively worked on by another author... to prevent things like...

Magic_Isle-Gorzakk-BigAl-Danno69-Carpe(wtf.. Carpe?)-Coyote

By all means, if you are doing major modifications to a map (say.. RedPlanet)... add your name.

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 07-28-2008 at 07:34 PM..
Old 06-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #6
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

When naming a map do not used spaces or the underscore character. The redirect hates them. Use dashes as separators.

thanks,

Carpe

Old 01-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #7
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Accidentally deleted this. Grrrr....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
Once again, TheWreckingCrews face has changed. Mainly due to the age of the game and the "moving on" of players. The latest to leave the fold is Big_Al. For future, map submissions to go to WMD40 and myself.

thank you

Old 07-22-2011, 04:56 PM   #8
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Due to the current trend of editing a previous map the following rules/protocols are now in effect:

If you wish to modify any current map on the server you must obtain permission from whomever is responsible
for that variant.

If you submit a map to TheWreckingCrew (primarily WMD40, with myself doing the server work) and it is found
that you did not obtain permission, we will not accept any other map submissions you may have.

If the author of the previous version does not wish you to modify his variant, then go back one (or two or
three) iterations and get permission from those mappers/modders. We will not be sticklers over permission details
for a map that is years old as trying to find out who worked on it could be impossible, but do your best. As a
mapper/modder, you know what effort and time you put into your own work and what you would expect, treat
others that way.

Besides obtaining permission from whomever previously re-worked a map please go through the process of checking
to find out if someone else (obviously within our forums) is working on a new variant.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught