Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 09-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #121
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

The mino on MTMU-Nightwolf, Nevermore-TMU, and pretty much every Death Warrant map with a mino is the "old" version, Minotaur as opposed to Omni's Min)o(taur. It's more "balanced" in that it's slightly easier to drive and the main gun isn't as powerful. The two gunner seats are swapped, though -- 2 gives you the laser turret (the one you want to avoid except for pesky fliers) and 3 gives you the minigun turret (the one that doesn't broadcast your position to the entire map).

You don't get the "Charge!" horn with the old Mino, either.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #122
Stoned_Oli
Whassup whitchu?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamek View Post
The mino on MTMU-Nightwolf, Nevermore-TMU, and pretty much every Death Warrant map with a mino is the "old" version, Minotaur as opposed to Omni's Min)o(taur. It's more "balanced" in that it's slightly easier to drive and the main gun isn't as powerful. The two gunner seats are swapped, though -- 2 gives you the laser turret (the one you want to avoid except for pesky fliers) and 3 gives you the minigun turret (the one that doesn't broadcast your position to the entire map).

You don't get the "Charge!" horn with the old Mino, either.
And it spins when it is shot or ran into, like it is lighter than a Kraken.

Rock on...
Old 09-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #123
Binger

More off topic and it will probably fan some flames but I'm drunk and high so so what.

It used to be that every vehicle at least had a chance against every other vehicle. With the Omnitaur and now the Dragon, Falcon, and Wasp, the vehicle setup is way unbalanced and kind of ruins the gameplay, imo. They are fun and I understand the desire but if you up stats on one vehicle I think all the other vehicles should be upped as well. Those vehicles don't belong on maps with stock vehicles. New vehicles seem to be geared towards more powerful instead of just different.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:18 PM   #124
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

The omni-styled vehicles are more like chess pieces. Omnitaur is the queen, of course, but if you can sneak up on one with a Bio it's toast. Wasps aren't too great against other fliers but they dominate ground vehicles and chew them up like candy -- great against those Omnitaurs and Krakens (but it'll probably take quite a few runs with a wasp to destroy the kraken unless the driver is an idiot). Dragon wrecks ground units and nodes, but other fliers and anything with a laser turret can make short work of it. And so on. It's just a matter of finding the right tool for the job -- if one is available. If not, then you're hosed.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #125
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
With the Omnitaur and now the Dragon, Falcon, and Wasp, the vehicle setup is way unbalanced and kind of ruins the gameplay, imo. They are fun and I understand the desire but if you up stats on one vehicle I think all the other vehicles should be upped as well.
Kamek brings up good points. The key to the new "amped" vehicles has always been about trying to balance
them in the maps they are put in. Gorzakk was one of the best "balancers" we (Omni) ever had. Shame he
fell by the wayside.

But the balance/strength argument is one that has gone on since we first moved away from stock vehicles (I'm
talking design). That's why I am personally still partial to mixing stock maps/vehicles into the map rotations.
Those maps require MUCH more teamwork.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:11 PM   #126
Ritalin
Just Registered

Hi, Ritalin here. Love the server. Been playing since Unreal one, Ondoher's Bistro and the Crusties. My favorite kill was upstairs in Bunker, found someone fragging the vehicles, got in and threw a burning raptor at him. Say hi to Domm.
Old 03-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #127
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritalin View Post
Hi, Ritalin here. Love the server. Been playing since Unreal one, Ondoher's Bistro and the Crusties. My favorite kill was upstairs in Bunker, found someone fragging the vehicles, got in and threw a burning raptor at him. Say hi to Domm.
Welc)o(me to the insane asylum Rit.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:21 AM   #128
Pi

welc)o(me ritalin- always good to have a new face

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 04-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #129
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAy-T View Post
the problem is lag in the ping... remember the movie 'gamer'? i always shoot (a split second)right before i think its the perfect time WOULD be.
... and that my friend, is the secret to life, 42ms-life, lol.

I think the mino firing down range, where you can't see the node through the fog, has some coding issue perhaps as to where the fire is placed. Doesn't the mino only hit targets within range of the fog? Is it true that they hit targets outside fog-line-of-sight?
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 04-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #130
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Sumugan,

The Mino can hit through the fog they do it on Dria all the time from hill 5 or 10 and in MTMU all versions you can hit the secondaries and not see them
Old 04-11-2016, 03:10 PM   #131
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumugan View Post
... and that my friend, is the secret to life, 42ms-life, lol.

I think the mino firing down range, where you can't see the node through the fog, has some coding issue perhaps as to where the fire is placed. Doesn't the mino only hit targets within range of the fog? Is it true that they hit targets outside fog-line-of-sight?
Yes, it's true. Range on the Mino is 28500. The fog does not affect that. For reference, the fog distance on Dria-TMU is 18000, D-Junk is 19000, Magic is 20000, MTMU-Kamek is 20000, and MTMU-Random is 24000.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:25 PM   #132
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Yes, it's true. Range on the Mino is 28500. The fog does not affect that. For reference, the fog distance on Dria-TMU is 18000, D-Junk is 19000, Magic is 20000, MTMU-Kamek is 20000, and MTMU-Random is 24000.
Thanks.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 04-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #133
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Thanks. Smoker.

Last edited by Sumugan; 04-13-2016 at 02:23 PM..
Old 11-14-2016, 05:58 AM   #134
PauletteLowry
Just Registered

Default Re:

Unfortunately, our modern society is not eager to accept certain rules that have been established many centuries ago. It seems to be weird and ridiculous. Wondering about camping etiquette? Open http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/key-points-of-camping-etiquette! You'll be surprised!
Old 11-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #135
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteLowry View Post
Unfortunately, our modern society is not eager to accept certain rules that have been established many centuries ago. It seems to be weird and ridiculous. Wondering about camping etiquette? Open http://livecustomwriting.com/blog/ke...ping-etiquette! You'll be surprised!
Did I miss something??? Wrong camping girl!
Old 11-14-2016, 01:04 PM   #136
$m39m4
Just Registered

It feels like a phishing scam to me. Maybe IP logging at the very least.
Old 11-14-2016, 02:14 PM   #137
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Default HEHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by $m39m4 View Post
Sounds like its time to boot up the ol linux tails and play with them!!
Old 11-14-2016, 08:09 PM   #138
$m39m4
Just Registered

It could be a simple SEO tactic.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:53 PM   #139
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by $m39m4 View Post
Lucky then for me that I used my work computer to see the totally off-topic camping etiquette, this person is confused what we mean by FPS camping in a game! lol

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught