Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 03-02-2007, 06:04 PM   #41
SHAGBOT
Jay-Z [>^-^]>

I remember when I first started playing online I was much too busy being useless to pay attention! It might help if you type it as well as say it. I read the text all the time now, not just when I'm dead.

There's nothing much you can do really. I remember playing minus, and every single match I'll tell the secondary gunner to press three, since it has a more powerful turret and you can't see the bullets as easy as bright lasers!

I don't think anyone has ever listened. I don't know what it is, but you get used to reading text and listening in game more often after awhile. The turret spamming and bender stealing shall never end...!

spider mine spamming spawn killing camper killer
dm/freon/as/ons/uw
Old 03-14-2007, 05:18 PM   #42
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Just got off a fantastic game of Dria. But at one point I was asked a question by an experienced player "Why are you hitting a locked node?". I didnt feel like explaining there and then in the middle of the match but I will do now.

Scorpion strings have a detonation delay, but are EXTERMELY powerful vs nodes. If a locked node looks like it is going to be unlocked at any second then sit in your scorp next to it and spam strings at it. As soon as that node unlocks it will fall almost instantly.
Old 03-18-2007, 05:01 PM   #43
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Allright, this has happened to me several times lately.. and it's PISSING me off.

NEVER, ever, under ANY circumstance on ANY map decide to help the driver of the Minnie out by giving him a push. If you don't have any idea exactly how hard it is to drive the Minotaur without putting a claim in on your comprehensive, fire the maps up off-line and try it out.

The Minnie is fast enough, it doesn't need help. If you decide to push it, not only to you f**k it up for the driver, you quite possibly are helping your team on the way to defeat as it is, let see...oh ya.. *insert sarcastic tone* ... a fairly important piece of hardware. In the last two days, I have lost 5 Minnies because of "helpers". I'm not counting my idiot friend Mongoose (thats said with luv Goose.. you know that) who "helped" me a couple of times yesterday... he was just continuing on as he left things playing Un-Wheel the other day. Thinks it's demolition derby or sumting. Anyway...

do not push Minotaurs. I view it as team-killing.. and we all know what the server rules are regarding that.. right ?

love,

The Carpe

Old 03-18-2007, 08:08 PM   #44
0thello
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
do not push Minotaurs. I view it as team-killing.
I'm surprised you feel so strongly about it, Day-dude. I've been pushed several times while driving the Minotaur, and only once did it cause trouble (I missed a turn). The other times, it sped me up a bit from that oh-so-slow initial speed, but didn't really help that much because I quickly hit the point where I outran them. I've pushed a Minotaur at least once. I forget who it was, but IIRC they came on the voice chat and said "thanks".

I'm not saying we should push the minnies. If it messes up a few people, then the slight benefit isn't worth the cost. I'm just saying that it isn't the same as a deliberate team-kill.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:12 AM   #45
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0thello View Post

I'm not saying we should push the minnies. If it messes up a few people, then the slight benefit isn't worth the cost. I'm just saying that it isn't the same as a deliberate team-kill.
See.. now I know you're a bot. Humans understand that the Carpe says pretty much everything with a bit of jest. Guess I should of thrown in a smiley, but JDub gets away without using them.. so I thought wtf ?

Of course it isn't direct team killing... I was just using that as a simile to get across how I feel about it. A push on TMU might be ok, although I don't like it myself... a Minnie gets up to speed soon enough and the push doesn't really do much. Where it is a problem is on maps like Dria and Alien Hop, where the surfaces are rough and there is all sorts of crap in the way. For instance, in Dria a friendly Raptor thought to help me out as I was already at full speed cutting around the edge of a hill... twisted me slightly a small bump on the hill.. the Minnie did a hard right around the object and turned directly up the hill.. then stalled. Lo and behold, two enemy Manta's, a Raptor and a Scorpion arrived shortly thereafter. I had 2000 health when it happened, I lasted about 10 seconds. That isn't helping. And of course I understand that the person might just be trying to help.. but when you inform them on voice, and text, "thanks, but please don't push me" and then it happens again ? That makes my fishy blood boil.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:39 AM   #46
Riddick69
Lord Marshal

Maybe Gorz could tweak the Mino, so that vehicles pushing it have no effect.

My UT3 Maps for PC/PS3
Old 03-20-2007, 10:01 AM   #47
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddick69 View Post
Maybe Gorz could tweak the Mino, so that vehicles pushing it have no effect.
hmm...well, is that really necessary ? I suppose it could be done (a la the Levi) and eliminate any possibilities of an IEP doing it. Gorz ?

Old 03-20-2007, 10:21 AM   #48
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

I'll look into it but it will be tricky. The problem is doing it but still keeping the minotaurs inertia, I love the fact its difficult to speed up and slow down. Its about my finest hour in vehicle balancing.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #49
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorzakk View Post
I'll look into it but it will be tricky. The problem is doing it but still keeping the minotaurs inertia, I love the fact its difficult to speed up and slow down. Its about my finest hour in vehicle balancing.
I agree totally. Don't touch it.

Everyone else, unless a Minnie ASKS for a push, don't push him. Simple. Done.

Another thing I will point out to the masses concerning the Minnie, most specifically for Dria. The beginning of Dria is complicated for a Minnie driver trying to maneuver out of the core area with various impediments that can hang you up and a narrow egress points. When you're blasted into a Minnie with a Tarantula (or whatever the SuperScorps are called) not only do you ricochet off of him and screw yourself up, you inevitably F things up for the Minnie. As Gorz pointed out, it takes a long time to get a Minnie going.. ESPECIALLY after he has been run into a wall or other similar obstacle. The beginning of any ONS map is the most critical to success, particularly on large maps. Help your team out, be considerate. Always yield to bigger vehicles. It is a team game after all.

Last edited by Carpe Diem; 03-20-2007 at 02:39 PM..
Old 03-20-2007, 02:02 PM   #50
AyEyE
Centurion

It's true, that one is particularly tricky, but I've even been slammed into buildings/burnt out vehicles on TMU multiple times by people trying to blow past at the beginning of a match. Give the Mino a little respect. If you want to hit one so bad go find the enemy's.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:22 PM   #51
0thello
Just Registered

UT2k4 Shameless Gorzakk fanboi

Quote:
Its [the Minotaur] about my finest hour in vehicle balancing.
Agreed. The minotaur is a masterpiece in vehicle tweaking -- the best example in memory. In all seriousness, Gorz, have you sent a resume to Epic? I know us Yanks can't spell "colour" correctly, and the beer is just slightly flavored water, but dude, you have TALENT. If I recall correctly, you're not working in your chosen field right now, so how about getting a job doing your chosen hobby? Just tell them to join a TMU game on the Omnip ONS server, and point to a few threads on this forum. That will mean a lot more than a few job titles on a spell-checked resume. I'd really, really love to see what you could do with UT3 technology, even if it means waiting another year or more for it. http://www.epicgames.com/epic_jobs.html#lev

--0thello
Old 03-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #52
Gorzakk
Stinger Driver

Thanks for the kind words but if some other communities saw that they would actually send anthrax to Epic.

Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade sufficiently to mod for UT3, and if I do mod for UT3 all of my stuff will be )o( exclusive. This is the first community that has run my material without giving me huge piles of shit for it.

Last edited by Gorzakk; 03-22-2007 at 07:14 AM..
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 AM   #53
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
This is the first community that has run my material without giving me huge piles of shit for it.
Oh that reminds me... Q mentioned to me the other night we have 4.86 tonnes of cow/pig manure for you.. can you provide a mailing address please ?

thanks.

Old 03-22-2007, 09:40 AM   #54
Mongoose
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
Allright, this has happened to me several times lately.. and it's PISSING me off.

NEVER, ever, under ANY circumstance on ANY map decide to help the driver of the Minnie out by giving him a push. If you don't have any idea exactly how hard it is to drive the Minotaur without putting a claim in on your comprehensive, fire the maps up off-line and try it out.

The Minnie is fast enough, it doesn't need help. If you decide to push it, not only to you f**k it up for the driver, you quite possibly are helping your team on the way to defeat as it is, let see...oh ya.. *insert sarcastic tone* ... a fairly important piece of hardware. In the last two days, I have lost 5 Minnies because of "helpers". I'm not counting my idiot friend Mongoose (thats said with luv Goose.. you know that) who "helped" me a couple of times yesterday... he was just continuing on as he left things playing Un-Wheel the other day. Thinks it's demolition derby or sumting. Anyway...

do not push Minotaurs. I view it as team-killing.. and we all know what the server rules are regarding that.. right ?

love,

The Carpe
Your ass is mine now... If I were you, I wouldn't think of getting in the Minotar when I am in that map... We are going to "bond" my friend

Hey next time just let me know where you want to go so I can steer with the Bagger...
Ohh, and BTW I can't hear you screaming at me to stop...
Old 03-22-2007, 10:35 AM   #55
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
Hey next time just let me know where you want to go so I can steer with the Bagger...
Ohh, and BTW I can't hear you screaming at me to stop...
somehow I knew this would be coming... and this begs the Carpes traditional response....

luv,

The Carpe

Old 03-25-2007, 05:17 PM   #56
G-REX
Random Word Generator

More people need to read this thread. Period.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:41 PM   #57
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-REX View Post
More people need to read this thread. Period.
and its' sister post... http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=6688

Old 03-27-2007, 05:14 PM   #58
its not 1337, its 337

Quote:
Thanks for the kind words but if some other communities saw that they would actually send anthrax to Epic.

Hopefully I'll be able to upgrade sufficiently to mod for UT3, and if I do mod for UT3 all of my stuff will be )o( exclusive. This is the first community that has run my material without giving me huge piles of shit for it.
well...by the look of your avatar you're probably quite good at using the litter box. I agree though, a Gorz map means a hell of a lot of fun and chaos with great super vehicles.

And Othello "he who uses a bot name just to confuse the hell out of me", you gotta stop drinking Coors. May I point you to Goose Island, Samuel Adams, 3 Floyd's, 2 Brothers, Dogfish Head, Bell's, Sierra Nevada, Pyramid....

of course, we don't make Old Speckled Hen, which is the nectar of the gods (that luckily the local british pub has on tap right now), drool.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:34 PM   #59
-Apothis-
Wawaweewa

how can i find this server?
and please no IP stuff...i have no idea how to get to things with IP's
Old 05-25-2007, 07:38 PM   #60
AyEyE
Centurion

Well, if nothing else, just scroll up to the top of the page here. Then click the Servers tab, find the server labled Onslaught and click the link. Your game will launch automatically.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught