Join Date: Dec 2004
- Forum Rules:
1. Offensive Posting
Posts of a patently offensive nature are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Using vulgar, profane, or sexually explicit language
- Using race, religion, sexual orientation, culture, ethnicity, handicap, nationality, or gender as a means of insult
- Using sexual preference terms as a term of insult in any way, shape, or form
- Using threatening, harassing, defamatory, hate-speech, or libelous language
- Posting links to web sites with potentially offensive content without a clear warning
- Descriptions or details about any sexual act or sexual organs
2. Flaming (Insulting Other Users)
Posts clearly insulting other board members, individually or as a group, directly or indirectly, are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Name-calling ("You're an idiot", "You moron")
- Direct insults ("Screw you")
- Offensive orders ("Go kill yourself")
- Insinuations ("Are you stupid or something?") or insults towards family ("Your mom...")
- Picture alteration. Forum members are not allowed to alter pictures posted by other members. This rule applies to pictures of members themselves and/or their families.
3. Trolling (Inciting Flames)
Posts intended solely to annoy and/or offend other posters by going against the clear nature of a board or topic are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Provoking other users to respond with flames
- Provoking fans of a particular system or game, especially on boards dedicated to that system or game
- Making misleading topic titles
- Asking obviously useless questions
- Posting false information as fact
4. Illegal Activities
Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, asking for or providing, in any way, shape, or form:
- Illegal copies of copyrighted software (ROMs, Warez)
- Methods of circumventing copyright protection (Cracks, No-CD Patches, CD Keys, mod chips)
- Illegal copies of copyrighted music (MP3s), movies, videos, or any other type of media
- Reprints of material from other web sites (pay or free)
- Methods of cheating in online games
5. Spamming and Advertising
You may only post a link to your website in your profile page.
Advertising is NOT allowed in our forums and servers. You may not post a link or advertise your server, forum or website, and you may NOT use our boards, servers or even private message system to recruit for your clan or community. You may sign up with your clan tag in your forum name. Members found in violation of this rule will have their signatures and forum title rights removed permanently.
Posts that clearly advertise a service or product are not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Unsolicited commercial or personal web site advertisements
- For-Sale/For-Trade/For-Auction/Wanted notices
- "Make Money Fast" scams, chain letters, and pyramid schemes
- Advertising for another message board
Users are allowed to include a web site address in a signature, request comments on their personal site in a social setting, or providing only once an interesting or relevant link to another site.
6. Disruptive Posting
Posts that disrupt the message boards for other users, intentional or not, are prohibited. This includes, but is not limited, to:
- Message posts or topic titles that force browsers to scroll horizontally
- Large blank or content-free posts
- Posting multiple identical or near-identical messages or topics, including "fad" topics
- Intentionally hard-to-read topic titles (i.e. ALL CAPS, AlTeRnAtE cApS, no spaces, no or excessive punctuation, 1337 speak, et cetera)
- Posting multiple hard-to-read or nonsensical messages in a single or multiple topics
- Posting large ASCII art (except in social topics specifically calling for it)
- Post counting (i.e. "First", "100th Post")
Users will be immediately banned (along with any associated accounts) for impersonating other boards users by creating and/or using a message board account with a name clearly intended to impersonate, mock, or antagonize another user, or otherwise falsely claiming to be another message board member.
Continual harassing behavior directed towards a certain individual or group with the intent of an creating an intimidating, offensive, or hostile environment on the boards, with or without use of explicit or implicit threats is strictly prohibited. Posting private information without permission is also prohibited.
We will not tolerate posts that might trigger a debate about anything out of context of the original post and will hand out the following punishments:
First offense: Warning
Second offense: Deactivation of forum account for ten days
Third offense: Deactivation of forum account for thiry days
Fourth offense: Ban from forums and servers
Needless to say that registration of a new account whilst the original account is inactive will result in immediate and permanent ban.
9. Unauthorized Access
Accessing or attempting to access any Omnipotents forums user account not belonging to the user in question without permission is prohibited. Accessing another user's account in this manner is grounds for immediate loss of all known accounts.
10. Bugs and Exploits
Using exploits or tricks in the Omnipotent forums code to gain privileges, access, or abilities not clearly intended by the board design is prohibited. While you are more than welcome to try and find any exploits away from the public eye, making them public or using them for personal benefit is grounds for immediate loss of all known accounts.
11. Usernames, Profiles, and Forms
Violating any of the above rules with a username, any part of the user profile (signature, quote, e-mail, IM), or via feedback forms (such as the Mark for Moderation function) is considered a severe violation.
12. Robots and Automated Programs
Board users are not allowed to run a robot or other any other automated browsing or posting programs on any message board server at any time. Most of these robots use huge amounts of server resources for the benefit of a single person. Users caught running robots may have all of their known accounts revoked, and the abuse of resources reported to their ISP.
Any other activity that is clearly detrimental to the flow of conversation and normal activities of the boards and its users may also be deleted.
If you have any questions or comments contact email@example.com
Nothing worth having is easy to hold.
Last edited by Q; 11-03-2007 at 03:11 PM..