Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 06-28-2006, 02:13 PM   #41
eth0
R.I.P. Tr1gg3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeBop
About maya. Sad news. If you did not register it before, I think last winter you do not get to use it. I tried to install mine about a month ago and you have to register it. Then i got the post saying, sorry, but you are shit out of luck, or something to that effect.
Isn't there a free version of maya?

Edit: ok can't find maya personal Ed anywhere... i was pretty sure they had it.. guess not.

Old 06-28-2006, 08:52 PM   #42
DaDaWg
no u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Cool AKA Me
If you got the special edition DVD, then yes. Note, you have to sign up first i think...
If you dont have the special DVD, dont even bother looking, if you do, it should be in CD6 folder of the special edition disc. you can find it, and UPaint in Start...
Old 06-29-2006, 05:46 AM   #43
Tank
Just Registered

ohwell

Ok iv got a terrain and i want 2 cut into it 2 make an entrance and i know you can do that by changing the visibilty. I was just wondering is it possible to zone of the area and make in a no terrain so you get a clean smooth cut . Therefore no need to cover up holes in terrain with static meshs.

cheers

Tank rayer:
Old 06-30-2006, 12:18 AM   #44
Stormblade
HARBINGER

The answer as far as I'm aware is : Nope!

Time is a wonderful teacher, unfortunately, it eventually kills all of its students.

My UT Maps
My UnWheel Maps, 6 within the BonusPack v1
Old 06-30-2006, 12:36 AM   #45
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Location: In my secret lab. Overclocking nuclear hamster mines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormblade
"rebuild geometry"
A few tips for resizing BSP
Holding Ctrl+Shift then click and drag allows you to select multiple points on the BSP.
Ex: A basic cube, if you C+S+D just one corner, you'll select both points of that side, same if you select 2 or more

Once you Rebuild Geometry, you cannot undo it using Ctrl+Z(or Edit -> Undo) you'll have to manually resize it back

BeBop: The devil, I mean Kel made me do it all.
Pandemonium: YOU ... ARE ... GOD
Benders of Cargo and Sniper, Oh fack!
Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  
Old 07-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #46
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

I am going fuckin' crazy here.

I'm attempting to build terrain and it isn't working at all. It really doesn't want a damned texture applied to it and I can only see it in wireframe mode.

Until someone can help out, I'm going to skip this until later on risk of myself committing suicide.

Just so you know, I'm planning to use terrain to make a cave, using at least two terrains, but possible three or four.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:11 PM   #47
DaDaWg
no u

While building the layer, did you make sure the alpha color was set to white? If you didnt the color will be black and the terrain texture wont show up at all....
Old 07-02-2006, 06:47 PM   #48
Stormblade
HARBINGER

Arsenic, try this link.......
http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/TerrainTutorial

Time is a wonderful teacher, unfortunately, it eventually kills all of its students.

My UT Maps
Old 09-28-2006, 11:57 PM   #49
Stormblade
HARBINGER

OK, maybe I'm just missing something in the way of 1 small little thing that causes this not to ever freaking work for me.... I HAVE made them and they WORKED in UT99 but I've had no success when it comes to UT2003, UT2004.

If anyone here knows how to make these, please explain or link me to a good solid tut somewhere.

Scrolling Message Billboards
As you can see, every one of Epic's seem borked :hep:

UnWheel's SuperCross' one works perfectly! :smoke:

HELP! :8-0:

My UT Maps
Old 09-29-2006, 05:17 AM   #50
Nodrak
Im a little hoedrak.

http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/wiki/Scrolling_Scoreboard

Im sure you can find any changes that need to be made for unwheel if thats where you plan to use it, just check that unwheel map and see what % code to see what they use for leader if its not done by points.

Old 09-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #51
Stormblade
HARBINGER

:smt054 Thanks!!!!

My UT Maps
Old 10-19-2006, 08:58 PM   #52
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

Quick tip: When you're building something where the players can see both sides, don't make one side a transpartent texture/mesh and the other side a solid texture/mesh.
Old 01-08-2007, 06:08 PM   #53
DredGE
Just Registered

Uh Oh.. That last post was in October.

Well here I go any way:

1. Is it possible to have a team oriented proximity trigger?
The Defense right now can complete an "Enter the Base" objective. Exactly the same as Glacier's first objective.

2. Is it possible to have a destroyable objective that can only be destroyed by a Redeemer?
This would be a final objective.
Old 01-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #54
Nodrak
Im a little hoedrak.

Yes to both.

If you look carefully at Glacier, you will see that the two intial door objectives are what you need. The objectives themselves don't get triggered by the Defense, only the opening of the Doors can be done by both teams. I assume the reason for that is because of the map design that would otherwise allow people to unknowingly get stuck if they droped down inside.

As for #2, there should be a property in the destructable objectives that has a damage type required. This is from memory, but it should be there. It on the slim-to-none chance that its not, I could code up a custom one for you in no time.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:22 PM   #55
DredGE
Just Registered

Thx, I got a Proximity Objective now in place of my (Proximity Trigger + Triggered Objective). I was always so wary of getting too close to those doors as a defender that I never really knew the effects first hand.

Haven't found the DamageType option yet but I think I've seen that too in all my messings around. I'll keep looking.

EDIT: Found DamageType in one of the options inside of ScriptedTrigger=>DamageActor.
Old 01-09-2007, 10:06 PM   #56
Nodrak
Im a little hoedrak.

I don't think that the scripted trigger is the way you want to limit the objective to redeemer damage. Check inside the Destroyable Objective properties.

Old 01-11-2007, 08:12 PM   #57
DredGE
Just Registered

Almost there. It was right there all along of course.

DestroyableObjective_SM=>ConstraintInstigator=>CL_ PawnClass (Not CL_All)
DestroyableObjective_SM=>ConstraintPawnClass=>Rede emerWarhead

But.. now only AltFire Redeemer (flying) damages the objective. Direct shot does nothing.

I'll just tell the attackers to "Fly a Redeemer into the Arsenal".
Old 02-11-2007, 05:15 PM   #58
Cancer
Enema King

Ok i have my first set of questions for you guys(this is for an AS map, since thats all i play ). Im trying to make a jump Pad(i say bebop's post and it didnt help me), and i barely understand how it works... I got it to launch me to the right spot, but when i try to render everything before i test the map I get an error message... But!! it still works... is this a big problem? i also need a mesh for my jump pad, but i can find that later.

OK and question number 2 is pretty simple I'm sure, but how do i set the team for a turret?

-EDIT-
i found the static mesh that i was looking for, for my jump pad, but it doesnt have the blue haze(light) rising from it...

Guess which one is me... (hint: its this ^ one)
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 PM   #59
Stormblade
HARBINGER

Question

Ok, here we go......... What I'm asking is "How the hell does one go about taking "vehicles" and convert them to Static Meshes?"

Is this possible? I heard it was.... But no matter what I, or even Steven Horton have tried, we've failed.

You can load up the package (Unwheel.u) via the "Actor's" Browser and you can select and place nearly any of them (without the UEd crashing on you). Now from what I was told, you right click on the "placed vehicle" and choose
SELECT|Convert to Static Mesh
Well yeah, great. But nothing appears in 'MyLevel" even though I direct the popup window to create the mesh in blah blah blah.....

UNWheel_Vehicles.ukx
is where all of the playable vehicles are in, and you can view them in the animations browser. But I cannot figure out how to get them out of there either (if that's even possible.....)

So......... any help? Anyone ever try this shit before and get it to work?

My UT Maps
Old 03-08-2007, 09:58 AM   #60
Madame Arsenic
My non de plume...

What is the name of the vehicle actors within unwheel.u?

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner