Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 09:21 PM   #1
Smegma
Getting there...
 
Smegma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 196
Default Killerdoggie


Killerdoggie forced-switch to a map no one voted for. Everyone pointed it out and he stubbornly kept trying. When I confront him, he kicked me for "not" playing.

Ya. I don't care. Do what you want. Other admins were there like Flounders. Way to kill the community.
__________________
Smegma is offline  
Old 06-02-2017, 09:29 PM   #2
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...
 
Anonymous[Lolz]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 813
Default


I'd like to chip in, admins SHOULD NOT be admins if they can't properly fulfill their roles. KillerDoggie never reads text chat (or has it disabled, not sure), and it completely defeats the purpose when you need to have an idler/teamkiller kicked.
Anonymous[Lolz] is offline  
Old 06-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #3
Smegma
Getting there...
 
Smegma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 196
Default


I've demo'ed that shit. Caught red-handed. The map vote and his force switch.


https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_...HlyRHdRYnRpYUE
__________________
Smegma is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 12:15 AM   #4
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 691
Default


There is a pattern here. He frequently plays during a specific time, and I think he wanted to cherry pick the map. He even asked what won the vote. Then he totally ignored us responding to him, and asking him to fix it. This is the 3rd time I have seen this happen. It's weak crap.
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #5
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 691
Default


Shot of console with force map switch:

Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #6
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 691
Default


Players in game:
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #7
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 691
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
I'd like to chip in, admins SHOULD NOT be admins if they can't properly fulfill their roles. KillerDoggie never reads text chat (or has it disabled, not sure), and it completely defeats the purpose when you need to have an idler/teamkiller kicked.
We were asking him to fix it in voice as well.
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 01:25 AM   #8
Smegma
Getting there...
 
Smegma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 196
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
We were asking him to fix it in voice as well.
Nice work at Dria today though. Ion painter and double kill with the biorifle at node 9's tower. Stealing of that badger. I didn't know you had that perseverance in you. BTW, remember when you pushed that mino into a ditch as it headed back to the heal spot, and Flounders was specing you? That was me. lolololol
__________________
Smegma is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #9
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

 
Colbye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 373
Default


My knee jerk reaction is disappointment
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I wanna be on Guy's team when the Zombie Apocalypse hits.

Never give up BITCHES!
Colbye is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 11:18 AM   #10
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 691
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
Nice work at Dria today though. Ion painter and double kill with the biorifle at node 9's tower. Stealing of that badger. I didn't know you had that perseverance in you. BTW, remember when you pushed that mino into a ditch as it headed back to the heal spot, and Flounders was specing you? That was me. lolololol

Thank you! I have my moments. I wish I could improve my aim, I feel like I can stay alive long enough now, just the aim thing gets me in trouble.

Ah yes! the old push the mino trick! Good times. Flounder is a sketchy creeper for being such a voyeur!!

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #11
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,542
Default


Aware of your concerns. Thank you for your patience.
__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 02:22 PM   #12
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie


 
KillerDoggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 363
Default


I rarely force a map! That said I was in admin yesterday when I (accidentally) voted and that triggered a map force. Sorry guys. I immediately asked what map had been selected so I could switch it back but got no reply, game was going. I believe the map I forced was Nevermore, a map with some votes already. Again, sorry. The ONLY time I force maps is when there is a server crash. As to Smegma's kick, if he was playing as "Mandown" yesterday at 7:15 pm, that was for destroying the team Mino AFTER being warned not to idle in it at core. If that wasn't you, Smegma, then I don't remember kicking you...sorry...I rarely use any admin discipline at all. I do read text chat, just don't give it a whole lot of worry. I'm not the game police, just helping to keep a little order and keep the idiots from taking over the asylum. Jeese, when you over react your clubbed down and when you under react, same story! Thankless job. I'm happy just playing, trying not to even talk in-game that much anymore.
__________________
Freakin' bots!
KillerDoggie is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 02:47 PM   #13
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie


 
KillerDoggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 363
Default


By the way... thanks for sticking up for me Lag, I ignore so much of your behavior because your an good player and work with Omni on maps, etc. I have never been a "knee-jerk react" kind of guy. If I kick it's usually because guys like you are begging me to do the job and get rid of an idler or chode. Let me make this one fact perfectly clear...I never kick because I'm pissed off!!! EVER. And I have yet to ban a single player (although I have wanted to).
__________________
Freakin' bots!
KillerDoggie is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #14
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 691
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
By the way... thanks for sticking up for me Lag, I ignore so much of your behavior because your an good player and work with Omni on maps, etc. I have never been a "knee-jerk react" kind of guy. If I kick it's usually because guys like you are begging me to do the job and get rid of an idler or chode. Let me make this one fact perfectly clear...I never kick because I'm pissed off!!! EVER. And I have yet to ban a single player (although I have wanted to).
I gave up asking admins to kick idlers, largely because aside from Flounder they rarely get involved. I run them over and they time out.

Kicking chodes is doing the work you are being asked to do as an admin.

I would have "stuck up for you" had you responded even ONE TIME in voice, text, chat to ANY of the multiple requests to fix the problem... and then switched the map to the one that was voted in. This little stunt caused several players to not play and really has not done any favors for your rep as an admin.

And by the way, there is nothing about my behavior that requires you to ignore it. So GTFO with that shit.
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 03:59 PM   #15
analog
Community Veteran

 
analog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 2,671
Default


Admins, don't forget that if you don't want to accidentally force a map change, just edit you user.ini and for whatever key you use for map vote, add a adminlogout

(key)= adminlogout | votemenu
analog is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 07:37 PM   #16
Smegma
Getting there...
 
Smegma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 196
Default


I will admit to switching teams with the intention of sandbagging the team that contained the person responsible for abusing his admin powers just to spite his experience. I don't think I was delusional in my assessment about that abuse of power. Lagzilla was in comms complaining. I was typing my complains. When you refused to address my line of questioning, and I thought my kick was imminent, I did probably the most destructive thing I can think of. I don't respect abuse of power. But if you say it was a mistake, then I guess it was. You now have to take steps to make sure you can see text made by everyone, and listen to everyone's comm. Honestly, it's hard to imagine you weren't aware of the amount of resentment expressed in all communication forms, but if you've blocked everything, I guess that's possible.

Anyways, I'll take a sabbatical from this game anyhow. I've got things to finish anyhow.
__________________
Smegma is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 08:06 PM   #17
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,542
Default


Please be aware that text is not infallible in UT. Sometimes, for whatever reason, you don't see text from a certain person.
Not saying that was the case here, but it might well be.

On another note, Admins are not here to serve your every players wish and whim. They may choose to engage at the time
IF they feel it's warranted, or they may choose to deal with it in here. That is their prerogative. It's a tough and thankless
job and unless they are way out of line it's not good to just shit all over them.

Over at HoC there is a message that flips up occasionally... "we are here to play, not to police. If you have an issue bring
it to the forums".
__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 06-03-2017, 08:43 PM   #18
Smegma
Getting there...
 
Smegma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 196
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
Admins are not here to serve your every players wish and whim. They may choose to engage at the time
IF they feel it's warranted, or they may choose to deal with it in here.
Well, don't you think forcing maps multiplies the amount of "every player's whim"? I think the vote was like 10-1 for TanksALot when it was forced switch. Eh... Heck, even other Admins were present and did nothing. Someone has to step up and break the admin groupthink. And don't discount Lagizilla pointing out it's probably not the first time. I'll have to check out my other demos to see if it happened before, but I hadn't been paying attention enough to spot it. I too, feel like it had happened before where I was like "Huh? Did this map win out the vote? Oh well..." But a 10-1 vote is hard to ignore imo. Not to toot my own horn, but I think I'm probably one of the more virtuous, try-hard player there can be, and with my reputation, I urge that this matter should be looked into. I've admin'ed myself, but I also think that at this point of the game's evolution, the amount of new unethical players and douchebags would probably be zero, so the policing should be rather easy.
__________________
Smegma is offline  
Old 06-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #19
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,542
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
Well, don't you think forcing maps multiplies the amount of "every player's whim"? I think the vote was like 10-1 for TanksALot when it was forced switch. Eh... Heck, even other Admins were present and did nothing.
Because I don't understand what you're asking/theorizing in that question, I'll go with "no I don't". As far as the forced map, you quite obviously
missed (or chose to ignore) this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
I rarely force a map! That said I was in admin yesterday when I (accidentally) voted and that triggered a map force. Sorry guys. I immediately asked what map had been selected so I could switch it back but got no reply, game was going. I believe the map I forced was Nevermore, a map with some votes already. Again, sorry. The ONLY time I force maps is when there is a server crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
Someone has to step up and break the admin groupthink.
ahhh... a conspiracy theory. Lovely. However, I'll point out this one is on par with the flat-earthers and chem-trailers.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
I urge that this matter should be looked into. I've admin'ed myself, but I also think that at this point of the game's evolution, the amount of new unethical players and douchebags would probably be zero, so the policing should be rather easy.
Are you kidding... ? At this point the server is filled with a large handful of players that think and believe everything should adhere
to their UT2004 ONS canon; this sense of entitlement is many degree's harder to deal with than douche-bags. Your very response
after finding out the facts on this "forced map issue" is an example. You have a direct apology from Killerdoggie, and yet you "urge this
matter should be looked into". It has been looked into. Case closed [insert banging gavel]. If that's not good enough, you are under
no obligation what so ever to play on the server.

p.s. I have this nagging thought that you're attempting to get into a pissing contest here. I could be wrong, but if so, I leave you with this:

__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 06-04-2017, 11:54 AM   #20
Smegma
Getting there...
 
Smegma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 196
Default


Force-switching maps affects more than just one person, so the complaint isn't just from one person, but many. No, not a conspiracy theory. I know Flounders was there and theorized about the "bind key" thing, which I have no idea what this means. What I'm saying is that rather than confront the OBVIOUS switching maps, whether intentional or not, Flounders chose to remain, as far as I'm concerned, silent. What his motivation can only be assumed by me to be one of non-confrontation. This is the definition of groupthink. I have no friendship to break, and so I'm free to call out bullshit when I see it. It is up to you to recognize bullshit when you see it. This drama is as over to me as it is to you. I've already mention I'm outahere. So it's up to you guys to clean house. I don't like abuse of power and I never will. If you don't see it, what the fuck can I do? Nothing but let this community rot. Either way, I won't be here to influence it.

As for the apology: Sure. I have already accepted it. I've already mentioned that I can't fully know what the motivation was so I have to.
__________________
Smegma is offline  
Closed Thread


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:39 AM.