Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 05-28-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
Smegma
Getting there...

Default CPU Spikes

There's something recently that's creating short cpu spikes that halts my framerate. It's screwing with my aim, and my demos. I'm not sure what causes it, and it may not seem like much, but it's certainly screwing with the gameplay experience. It doesn't happen offline or on other servers.

Does anyone know what I mean. Very brief graphic freezes. Maybe it's a setting on the server that was recently changed.
Old 05-28-2017, 11:31 PM   #2
duh
www.gotse.cx

Check windows automatic updates, maybe? That has caused that in the past for me....
Old 05-29-2017, 02:06 AM   #3
Turbo K
Community Veteran

What is your FPS limited to?
Old 05-29-2017, 11:35 AM   #4
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegma View Post
There's something recently that's creating short cpu spikes that halts my framerate. It's screwing with my aim, and my demos. I'm not sure what causes it, and it may not seem like much, but it's certainly screwing with the gameplay experience. It doesn't happen offline or on other servers.

Does anyone know what I mean. Very brief graphic freezes. Maybe it's a setting on the server that was recently changed.
Actually Smegma I do know what you mean. Over the last week and a half I have experienced very weird lag issues from the server. Last night I was aiming at the mino and one second it was there and then my screen jumped and the mino was 40ft past me. Now understand I have NEVER had this happen till last night in game and I even mentioned it during play to others who were having odd problems also in matches recently.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #5
Smegma
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
Actually Smegma I do know what you mean. Over the last week and a half I have experienced very weird lag issues from the server. Last night I was aiming at the mino and one second it was there and then my screen jumped and the mino was 40ft past me. Now understand I have NEVER had this happen till last night in game and I even mentioned it during play to others who were having odd problems also in matches recently.

Yeah. I know what you mean. When you fire in a tank, the projectile comes out long after you've shot, and every other shot thereafter is delayed because the first one was. The way to fix that is to simply wait a few moments more for your next shot in order to catch up with the initial delay. It sucks hard during the heat of the moment. But my problem is different.

Everytime I shoot, or every two seconds, my screen freezes for like 2-10ms (hard to judge), as if my system has a hard time calculating something. Considering that I have an i7-3770 with a GTX Titan, I doubt those are the cause of the problem. Considering that this is the same system that didn't have any problems before, I think the problem is external, especially since I don't experience it elsewhere.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:34 PM   #6
Smegma
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
What is your FPS limited to?
Bandicam and the in-game FPS counter limits it to 90 during online play. Offline it runs somewhere between 300 to 600 FPS. Demorecs are limited to 50. Which brings me to my second point. I can't Screen Cap with Bandicam at the full 50 fps. It's clear that the vehicles demand intense calculations from the CPU, and this game isn't multi-threaded.

IMO, tone down that setting to 45 or as low as 30, whatever that setting is.
Old 05-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #7
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

I actually switched to GNU/Linux for this reason, better known as microstutter. I can't tell if it's gone because OpenGL is not as fast as Directx 9 in Windows (much lower frame rate), but the input lag is definitely lower than Windows, even with lower frame rates. I also have a 3rd gen Intel processor. I heard that Intel processors have more stutter than AMD.

I also get it on other servers with lots of players, so it's not just omni. You can try setting max pre-rendered frames to something higher, like 4 or 8. It didn't help me, though.

Please read this: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=257779

Last edited by Anonymous[Lolz]; 05-30-2017 at 04:10 AM.. Reason: added link

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught