Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

All is fair in love and war.
Old 03-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #22
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Hanging out and shooting people will get them banned quicker than killing locked vehicles. Not much you can do about grenades but I think if people got used to the fact that they couldn't damage unlocked vehicles then there would be a lot less players going to locked nodes.
Are you sure? There is a picture of 'Cletus destroying a locked Aegis. A fckn Aegis. It has like a 30 or 45 second respawn. This to me indicates this fool or at least this foolishness will continue in some other way.

I guess it goes to "it can't hurt" argument. Though, all of the vehicles will need to be re-coded, renamed and re-edited into the maps. And this would break stats, since no new dam types are being accepted.

A
Old 03-28-2017, 10:02 PM   #23
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Go the other way, enable collateral damage. There's a few on my own team I'd like to kill. LOL

It would make for a fun and interesting round. Can you imagine the douchebaggery that would ensue.

Don't like hearing Guy/Shadow/etc bitchin in your ears about what you are doing wrong, go bio blob his mino while he is in it. ROFL
Don't like somebody sandbagging or camping from half way across the map and not building nodes. Bio blob their APC/rail tank/etc, problem solved.

It would be a fun option to have randomly enabled or admin controlled on demand. But yeah, total chaos. Where is Tech when you want to kill somebody. That's half the appeal of this game. After a hard day at work slaving away, I get to virtually kill somebody. Good stress relief.
Please. Don't.

Really openly suggesting team killing? Killing key team vehicles because you don't know how to use the ignore feature in the game is seriously daft.

I have muted many, yourself included. The criteria is simple really, add value to the game play, don't key the mic the whole round and you will be ok. Blather endlessly about nothing or act like a goof while trying to be "helpful" get's you ignored because of the static you create. I seriously find humor that you are complaining about others chat behavior.

A
Old 03-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #24
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
My enjoyment from doing that would be from the knowledge that I was pissing off the other team. I can't relate to people that want that feeling. I want to enjoy the game from winning and playing well, not from pissing people off. It's the way griefers get their kicks and I have no respect for people that get off on that shit so if that is what "everyone else" is like then fuck them.
Kudos, sir!

Andrew
Old 03-28-2017, 10:05 PM   #25
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
Not true, this server has rules.

A
Old 03-28-2017, 11:22 PM   #26
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

This whole situation spells out like a false flag narrative.

Paracelsus being himself → use it as an excuse to implement ridiculous restrictions which ruin it for everyone in the name of stopping "griefing."

Meanwhile, a simple solution to a simple problem such as banning Paracelsus is phased out because it's not a totalitarian solution.
Old 03-28-2017, 11:49 PM   #27
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:

Paracelsus being himself → use it as an excuse to implement ridiculous restrictions which ruin it for everyone in the name of stopping "griefing."

Meanwhile, a simple solution to a simple problem such as banning Paracelsus is phased out because it's not a totalitarian solution.
I don't think he needs to be banned completely. On the rare occasion he's online and not being a D he's an okay guy. Why can't we just give him a couple weeks off and tell him why it happened? Nobody is nearly as annoying as him on the mic, and his recent trend of disrupting the flow of the game makes him even worse to have on the server. I think he'll get the message.

While going through and modding all the locked vehicle protection seems like it'd be a cool feature to have to prevent this kind of activity, I'm guessing that's waaay more work than its worth.

If how Paracelsus is behaving is legal and okay with most people then I'll be quiet about it and play on. But I can't believe I'm the only one routinely annoyed by him. Or is that the case?
Old 03-29-2017, 01:56 AM   #28
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
While going through and modding all the locked vehicle protection seems like it'd be a cool feature to have to prevent this kind of activity, I'm guessing that's waaay more work than its worth.
I think it is more work than it is worth.

I would rather spend my time editing the backlog of maps I want to finish than screw with completed vehicles. That said, I will take a look at how much time it would take, and check to see if it would indeed have an impact on dam types. It may not, after further reflection.

It seems easier to monitor this one broken player and correct though. And now that we are discussing it I know our admins on the server will certainly take time to observe him more frequently. Flounder is great at this since he spends time spectating many maps, and though I would love to see him play more, his role as observer is nice to have in game.

Quote:
If how Paracelsus is behaving is legal and okay with most people then I'll be quiet about it and play on. But I can't believe I'm the only one routinely annoyed by him. Or is that the case?
You are not alone.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:57 AM   #29
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:

False flag.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:09 AM   #30
Xexx
Just Registered

Quote:
This. I haven't really noticed him and if someone is doing that at my nodes, I kill them or spawn somewhere else (if they're in a mino/ion/whatever)

I prefer someone to be at my locked nodes anyway... if you die you're right back there to kill them.

Last edited by Xexx; 03-30-2017 at 12:43 AM..
Old 03-29-2017, 09:06 AM   #31
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
This. I haven't really noticed him and if someone is doing that at my nodes, I kill them or spawn someone else (if they're in a mino/ion/whatever)

I prefer someone to be at my locked nodes anyway... if you die you're right back there to kill them.
This. Wanna camp my node? I'll set my spawn point there and whittle you down.
Old 03-29-2017, 11:53 AM   #32
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
I have muted many, yourself included. The criteria is simple really, add value to the game play, don't key the mic the whole round and you will be ok. Blather endlessly about nothing or act like a goof while trying to be "helpful" get's you ignored because of the static you create. A
My criteria for muting somebody is much simpler than yours Lag. Be a verbal douchebag and I mute you, never to be heard from again. Only works until they change their handle, which so many seem to do lately. I've only muted 3 that I can think of. And yes, you are on top of my current mute list.

And it always brings me joy when I can frag you, which isn't often enough. I'm sure it's mutual.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #33
Binger

Quote:
Justify everything with one shallow statement, nice. I can think of things that only an evil person would do in war and that only a jerk would do in love. All depends on your definition of fair I suppose.

Quote:
Are you sure? There is a picture of 'Cletus destroying a locked Aegis. A fckn Aegis. It has like a 30 or 45 second respawn. This to me indicates this fool or at least this foolishness will continue in some other way.

A
I'm pretty sure even the stupidest player would stop trying to damage locked vehicles if they knew they couldn't damage locked vehicles.

Quote:
...an excuse to implement ridiculous restrictions...
I guess you've decided it's okay to shit on my opinions in a juvenile manner. Now I know. Maybe you could try to at least form some kind of mature argument for the things you say.

Quote:
...which ruin it for everyone in the name of stopping "griefing."...
Again with the overly dramatic and exaggerated statements. How does it ruin it for everyone? Can you explain this one? Would the game be ruined for you if you couldn't blow up locked vehicles? It sounds like that's what you're saying.

Quote:
...I'm guessing that's waaay more work than its worth...
Quote:
...I think it is more work than it is worth...
It shouldn't be difficult but it would take a lot of time. It's just one line and no new damage types are needed. Most of the work would be in changing all references in the code to the new file name. Swapping vehicles in a map, while time consuming, is very easy.

It was just a suggestion. It won't happen. The time for it to happen has passed and not enough people care anyway.

Just think that Pam probably wouldn't have been banned if vehicles were spawn protected. There are more people than Cletus doing this and I'm pretty sure this is the most common way of pushing the rules. How many times has Xexx dropped Dragon bombs on the roof in Minus? No one gets banned for this shit anymore because the server has basically become a free for all where dirty play wins. My suggestion was to remove the possibility for one type of dirty play but whatever. This used to be the strict server but since it's the only one left and since the Admins are all second generation and don't want to be seen as overly strict (and I don't blame them for that) it's now nearly wide open for douche-bag behavior. All's fair so carry on.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:16 PM   #34
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
I guess you've decided it's okay to shit on my opinions in a juvenile manner. Now I know. Maybe you could try to at least form some kind of mature argument for the things you say.
My opinion indeed deviates from yours. You are the type of person to hit someone then cry out in pain.

Last edited by Anonymous[Lolz]; 03-29-2017 at 03:33 PM..
Old 03-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #35
Binger

Quote:
My opinion indeed deviates from yours. You are the type of person to hit someone then cry out in pain.
How do you get that from what I've said? Wait. Nevermind. I know you won't answer that. I've asked you more than once now to explain your statements, to give some reasoning behind what you're saying, to form some kind of argument, but you don't do that and instead just insult me. I can handle the hate but at least back up the other things you say. I guess we are supposed to take your statements as fact with no reasoning needed because that's how debating things works for you?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:41 PM   #36
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

I simply state opinions that differ from yours, yet you keep insisting that I am insulting you or shitting on your opinions. Anyway, you keep conveniently ignoring the very simple solution.
Old 03-29-2017, 06:42 PM   #37
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

You two go to your rooms.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #38
Binger

I was informed that the Ultimate factory has a spawn protection option with a timer. The vehicles can't be damaged and they also will not get knocked around by enemy fire. They can still be pushed though.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #39
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Guys GUYS save it for the field!

Old 03-29-2017, 10:29 PM   #40
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I'm going to advocate though for more frequent temporary bans on bad behavior. I think 1-2 weeks off will make people think twice about doing things like this

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught