Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 03-25-2017, 12:19 AM   #1
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Default Paracelsus/Jail_Hillary attacking locked nodes

I can block his voicechat and ignore his texts but his flying across the map to enemy locked nodes to destroy vehicles is extremely annoying. He was at it again tonight on Miami... Binger confronted him about it and Para gave his usual 7th grade insults back. Can we finally ban this guy?

He plays under Paracletus, Jail_Hillary, and Make_SchumerCry

Here's a collection i've made in just under a month. If anyone else has more to contribute please feel free to post. I'll be updating as I get more.

If what he's doing is legal then I'll be quiet about it and go on. But as far as I've been told this is illegal and he's constantly doing it even while people call him out on it.

Last edited by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH; 03-25-2017 at 01:24 AM..
Old 03-25-2017, 12:36 AM   #2
Binger

He used to whine about things but played clean. Now he has turned into a douche. His behavior is unacceptable to me.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #3
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

I thought we covered this in another thread the other day? Yes it is legal! YES it is a douchebag move!!! I usually never go after other enemy locked vehicles unless its a heavy one sided match and we are losing badly.

Personally as many times a paracelsus has had complaints of douchebaggery I'm surprised he's still here.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:07 PM   #4
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
I thought we covered this in another thread the other day? Yes it is legal! YES it is a douchebag move!!! I usually never go after other enemy locked vehicles unless its a heavy one sided match and we are losing badly.

Personally as many times a paracelsus has had complaints of douchebaggery I'm surprised he's still here.
I can see the similarity but this is something different. What I was talking about in the other forum is getting to a node before the enemy team can link it and build it at the start of the match. Which while is a rage inducing move is legal.

He is going to nodes that are already built and locked on the other side of the map and destroying the spawned vehicles.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:55 AM   #5
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

I'm pretty sure how the Admins and players feel on this subject YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH, but I'm gonna hold my tongue and wait for a Official Admin response to this one.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:32 PM   #6
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
I'm pretty sure how the Admins and players feel on this subject YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH, but I'm gonna hold my tongue and wait for a Official Admin response to this one.
Yeah on this one I also just want to know what the actual rules are. I've always thought doing this was definitely illegal. Isn't this what Paminator and Roger got banned for?
Old 03-27-2017, 02:38 PM   #7
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
He is going to nodes that are already built and locked on the other side of the map and destroying the spawned vehicles.
Pfft! That's just childish and takes no skill at all. If you want to do it with style and finesse, go push the enemy's mino out of their base and hide it from them. Now that's funny as hell and takes effort.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #8
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

FUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Pfft! That's just childish and takes no skill at all. If you want to do it with style and finesse, go push the enemy's mino out of their base and hide it from them. Now that's funny as hell and takes effort.

Wheres my Mino?? Now that is funny! Sounds like a Termi move LOL
Old 03-27-2017, 03:40 PM   #9
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Wheres my Mino?? Now that is funny! Sounds like a Termi move LOL
That IS a Termi worthy move. But I discovered it all by myself that I know of. I think he saw me do to him once and then he did it to me later in the game. It's nearly impossible to do with a full house.

Once Guy and I was attempting this during a full game. We were laughing so hard we couldn't finish the deed before they discovered us. OMG it was so funny!

Last edited by McLovin; 03-28-2017 at 12:23 PM..
Old 03-27-2017, 03:56 PM   #10
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Guys, I realize this behavior is hardly sportsman like and kind of douchie but (and I may be wrong so don't quote me!) I don't think it's illegal. Yeah it's a dick move but there is a kind of pathetic strategy to it. I will go to enemy nodes 8 and 9 in MTMU and destroy the Ion to prevent a spam attack later (which I know will come cause I do it!). Spawn killing a Mino? Heck yeah, save your team some serious grief later. As to whether this is ALWAYS a good strategy or not, the answer is no. The game is about nodes. I'm amazed every day I play, that after 13 years of playing ONS teammates flop around the map like it's their first time. In ALMOST all cases team members are way better off building and breaking nodes, which actually wins the game. Do that and there won't be any locked nodes to spawn kill, they'll all be yours. Paracelsus is actually doing the OTHER team a favor by jacking around and wasting valuable time killing a vehicle which for all intents and purposes will be respawning shortly. Poor strategy.

As to the rules, I understand it is legitimate to attack a locked enemy node one node away from a friendly connected node with no repercussions, additionally, you can spawn kill a vehicle but not spawn kill players multiple nodes away. If you just sit at the enemy base killing their Hammerheads your an idiot and an Admin will likely session kick you for being a wiener.
Old 03-27-2017, 05:18 PM   #11
Binger

The never ending debate about legal and acceptable. Sigh.

There is somewhat of a fix for people spawn killing vehicles but iirc Carpe was against it.

It would take editing each vehicle but they can be set up to not take damage from enemy fire until they are unlocked. There are already at least a couple of vehicles in the game that are like this. I think the Short Circuit is one of them (maybe all the Rampage vehicles?). They can still be damaged from colliding into things it they are knocked around. This could be done for all vehicles except things like Minos and Ion tanks or whatever.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:26 PM   #12
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post

There is somewhat of a fix for people spawn killing vehicles but iirc Carpe was against it.

It would take editing each vehicle but they can be set up to not take damage from enemy fire until they are unlocked. There are already at least a couple of vehicles in the game that are like this. I think the Short Circuit is one of them (maybe all the Rampage vehicles?). They can still be damaged from colliding into things it they are knocked around. This could be done for all vehicles except things like Minos and Ion tanks or whatever.
That would be whiners' paradise.
Old 03-27-2017, 11:12 PM   #13
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:

Locking the vehicles won't prevent this from happening. They will just hang out and shoot at people or wait for someone to get in the vehicle with grenades.

It's shit behavior from sub-par players.

Even if killing the vehicles so deep in enemy territory is allowed, isn't this the same thing as idling? I mean, they are certainly not helping their team with this crap.

Andrew
Old 03-27-2017, 11:14 PM   #14
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Also, as a reminder while we talk about if this is legal or not:

Spawn killing (players or vehicles): While a normal part of ONS to some extent, consistently doing this will earn you a timeout. Definition of "consistent" shall be at the discretion of an admin.

If you have dozens of screenshots of people hanging out in deep locked nodes... you have to wonder what consistent means.

A
Old 03-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #15
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
That would be whiners' paradise.
How so? I don't understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Locking the vehicles won't prevent this from happening. They will just hang out and shoot at people or wait for someone to get in the vehicle with grenades...
It would help. I think it would help a lot.

Hanging out and shooting people will get them banned quicker than killing locked vehicles. Not much you can do about grenades but I think if people got used to the fact that they couldn't damage unlocked vehicles then there would be a lot less players going to locked nodes.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:34 PM   #16
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Hanging out and shooting people will get them banned quicker than killing locked vehicles. Not much you can do about grenades but I think if people got used to the fact that they couldn't damage unlocked vehicles then there would be a lot less players going to locked nodes.
Go the other way, enable collateral damage. There's a few on my own team I'd like to kill. LOL

It would make for a fun and interesting round. Can you imagine the douchebaggery that would ensue.

Don't like hearing Guy/Shadow/etc bitchin in your ears about what you are doing wrong, go bio blob his mino while he is in it. ROFL
Don't like somebody sandbagging or camping from half way across the map and not building nodes. Bio blob their APC/rail tank/etc, problem solved.

It would be a fun option to have randomly enabled or admin controlled on demand. But yeah, total chaos. Where is Tech when you want to kill somebody. That's half the appeal of this game. After a hard day at work slaving away, I get to virtually kill somebody. Good stress relief.
Old 03-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #17
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Go the other way, enable collateral damage. There's a few on my own team I'd like to kill. LOL

It would make for a fun and interesting round. Can you imagine the douchebaggery that would ensue.

Don't like hearing Guy/Shadow/etc bitchin in your ears about what you are doing wrong, go bio blob his mino while he is in it. ROFL
Don't like somebody sandbagging or camping from half way across the map and not building nodes. Bio blob their APC/rail tank/etc, problem solved.

It would be a fun option to have randomly enabled or admin controlled on demand. But yeah, total chaos. Where is Tech when you want to kill somebody. That's half the appeal of this game. After a hard day at work slaving away, I get to virtually kill somebody. Good stress relief.
Friendly fire to 100% that'd be nuts.

That'd make people really have to think about strategy and team up... which would never happen in a full server because it would only take one bad tank blast to ruin things. I think it'd be fun to roll with that for a weekend though.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:29 PM   #18
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
How so? I don't understand.
The people whining about destroyed vehicles would love this addition. Meanwhile, it would ruin the game for everyone else because they can't perform any defensive maneuvers.
Old 03-28-2017, 04:38 PM   #19
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Friendly fire to 100% that'd be nuts.

That'd make people really have to think about strategy and team up... which would never happen in a full server because it would only take one bad tank blast to ruin things. I think it'd be fun to roll with that for a weekend though.
If enough people complain your Admin should use his "friendly fire" to smoke the guy. Kind of an instant kick vote.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:22 PM   #20
Binger

Quote:
The people whining about destroyed vehicles would love this addition.
I thought that's what you meant but I didn't want to assume that you were okay with spawn killing vehicles, especially not to the extent that you would call me a whiner because I felt that spawn killing vehicles is not okay.

Quote:
Meanwhile, it would ruin the game for everyone else because they can't perform any defensive maneuvers.
I don't consider traveling to locked vehicles to intentionally damage or destroy them to be a good defensive maneuver and I certainly don't consider it to be the only defensive maneuver. Do you really believe that if a player can't damage a locked vehicle that they can't perform ANY defensive maneuvers? I can give you several examples of things that I consider to be defensive maneuvers that don't involve damaging locked vehicles.

When I find myself at a locked node that is away from the action and is not likely to become unlocked soon then I will shoot at the locked vehicles but I also immediately start leaving the area while I'm shooting. Even though I'm leaving I still get a feeling that I'm being a bit of a douche. The only exception to me moving on is if players are spawning there and shooting at me and I know there is no way I'm getting away from there without my vehicle getting destroyed. Then I might stay around and try to keep them busy while they destroy my vehicle. I can't imagine, though, intentionally going to a locked node and blowing shit up. That would make me feel like shit. My enjoyment from doing that wouldn't be because I felt like I was performing an acceptable defensive maneuver. My enjoyment from doing that wouldn't be because I felt like I was helping my team. My enjoyment from doing that would be from the knowledge that I was pissing off the other team. I can't relate to people that want that feeling. I want to enjoy the game from winning and playing well, not from pissing people off. It's the way griefers get their kicks and I have no respect for people that get off on that shit so if that is what "everyone else" is like then fuck them.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught