Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 03-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #21
analog
Community Veteran

Sry - that's my fault, I just went to a old MOTD that was already there when I took the AS message out - should be fixed - we love all the admins equally!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
Hey, I'm a stain too...I don't even get my name up at the game intro.
Old 03-28-2017, 12:08 PM   #22
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

I corrected that for you (sorry can't resist):
Quote:
[...] we make love to all the admins equally simultaneously!!
For the PPH from spec to join you can just reconnect to the server. If you just join than your PPH are down.
And for me the PPH are very variable depending on mod, map, lag/ping and opponents. With stronger opponets your PPH are mostly lower (unless you just point your big BOOOM tank on the spawn point from the locked but cut down core, which is very lame).
Old 03-28-2017, 03:46 PM   #23
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
Sry - that's my fault, I just went to a old MOTD that was already there when I took the AS message out - should be fixed - we love all the admins equally!!
NOOOOOOOOOOOO....I love my anonymity!
Old 04-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #24
Smegma
Getting there...

I have demos and demos of sandbaggers. And they're people who you wouldn't have believed. I had no idea until I took a third and forth look of my demos. But by far the most painful one for me was 40oz. Recently, I've sandbagged a Masterbath. It's not in my character, but then again, I just went with the flow. I can't change people.

I finished my rant...
Old 05-03-2017, 02:08 PM   #25
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

What please, is "Sandbagging"?
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 05-03-2017, 03:17 PM   #26
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

FUNNY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumugan View Post
What please, is "Sandbagging"?
Sandbagging

Sandbagging, hiding the strength, skill or difficulty of something or someone early in an engagement, may refer to:
  • Sandbagging in billiards and other games, deliberately playing below one's actual ability in order to fool opponents into accepting higher stakes bets, or to lower one's competitive rating in order to play in a future event with a higher handicap and consequently have a better chance to win; the term has spread to chess, golf and other such games. Also known as hustling.
  • Sandbagging (law), suing for a breach of a contractual representation or warranty despite having known at the time of the contract that it was untrue.
  • Sandbagging (sales), when one withholds sales on purpose to help him qualify for next month's promotions or withholds due to laziness.
  • Sandbagging (social), when one withholds comments or information that could support another person's or party's cause or argument, especially after a previous understanding, or implied understanding, that support would be provided.
  • Sandbagging (media), obtaining an interview or footage rights from someone expecting a positive piece, then cutting or contextualizing it into a negative story.
  • Sandbagging (professional wrestling), where a wrestler being lifted intentionally shifts his weight to feel heavier, making the other wrestler app

HOPE THIS HELPS SUMUGAN
Old 05-04-2017, 02:15 AM   #27
joeblow
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
Unfortunately the idle timeout only works on dead players or idle spectators.
I check for idle players at the start of a match.
If they haven't moved at the 2 minute mark then they get kicked.

Sandbaggers are harder to take admin action against since it needs to be very clear cut.
If someone is putting in an effort to play, even a mediocre one, then it is better to leave them alone.

You can tell that most of the noobs (yes, they are still showing up) are at least trying.
But you still get the people that will join a populated multiplayer server just to drive a badger around aimlessly or check out the kewl guns.

It's very easy. Either follow your teammates or head towards the noisy explosions. How hard is that?
There are some that just keep screwing around even after a 'Play or leave' warning followed up with a freeze and another 'Play or leave' warning.
The kick command solves that problem nicely.

The ones that run around aimlessly firing their gun at walls, the ground, the air, friendly vehicles, etc are the best.
The 'vomit' command was made for those clowns.
Ill pipe in...

I took a hard stance on this on the DW server. This and the chronic team switching.

I gave sandbaggers a written warning,in game,then a 0 kick then it went from there. Alot of players were on 100 game kicks for just this ...idling. Sadly the majority were long time players I knew from Cains Lair days.

I think the outcome is obvious the DW ons server is dead and I get the label ass hard ass and dick. People just dont want to play by the rules or rules only apply to other player not them.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:30 AM   #28
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

I'm kinda sad, Flounder forgot to Admin Slap or Vomit me last night when he made his rare appearance on the server. I kept messing with him waiting for it but sadly he no longer loves me. sniff sniff Admins are slipping around here!
Old 05-05-2017, 02:23 PM   #29
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

"Come get some."
Old 05-08-2017, 03:44 PM   #30
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeblow View Post
I DW ons server is dead
Too bad, I had some good times playing there too! And still some fun maps....I'd like to see Spambox here and then people complain about spawnkilling lol.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #31
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
"Come get some."

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught