Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 03-21-2017, 01:07 PM   #1
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Default Fight or leave but don't sandbag.

"I don't like this map, we just played one like it."

You can't please everybody. And all the social engineering being attempted by map selection has run it's course.

In the wise words of Sarge, "If you don't like a map, don't play it."

Just random bitching here about whiny bitches. LOL

Not much to be done here, you can't control how others are going to play. Unless you possess the magical motivational powers of persuasion of Guy or Enyo. You can only choose for yourself, either play your heart out or leave. But sandbag, ffft, that's poor sportsmanship.

I only sandbag when I'm playing MegaBadgers with like 1 or 2 others at most and I'm dominating them. Sometimes I sandbag too much and somebody else joins and I just screwed myself. In those cases I'm not playing to win. Because if I make their mega fly too high too many times, they quit. It's a fine balance between keeping the upper hand and not allowing them to overrun me. Come play me weekends at high noon (1200 hours ET) in the O.K. (MegaBadgers) Corral and we'll go mega on mega. LOL

Last edited by McLovin; 03-21-2017 at 02:05 PM..
Old 03-21-2017, 05:45 PM   #2
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Practice what you preach.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:26 PM   #3
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Unless you possess the magical motivational powers of persuasion of Guy or Enyo.
lol, I could only wish I had half of GTKU's motivational speaking prowess! But yeah, seriously, fuck all you sandbaggin' bitches... you know who you are (termi)
Old 03-22-2017, 01:27 AM   #4
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Reminds me of turret drivers. See it in Minus variants a lot. Just sit in the core turrets, we will go get the nodes for you.
Ugh.

Andrew
Old 03-23-2017, 02:11 PM   #5
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Reminds me of turret drivers. See it in Minus variants a lot. Just sit in the core turrets, we will go get the nodes for you.
Ugh.

Andrew
I observed that a few days ago in Dria.
One of the regulars was idle in the core with a zero score at 2+ minutes.
I gave the usual "Hey, so and so, you awake?" inquiry and they immediately jumped in a turret and sat there trying to look busy so they weren't AFK.
That player's team appeared to be in the early stages of receiving a beat down so I watched for a brief time while the player did nothing and then issued a quick kick on the player who did not return.

I can't imagine what happens to players that were fully active in the previous map and then space out between maps but can't be bothered to disconnect or spectate.
Are they the same type of people that sit at a green light because they thought of something far more important to do while the light was red?
Either that or they can't stand to be alone with their thoughts because the silence is deafening.

I suppose that there is always the possibility of playing and then there is a call, knock on the front door/have to squeeze one out/etc but I have a hard time believing that the convergence of those events matches the frequency of idle players.
Old 03-23-2017, 03:44 PM   #6
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
... I can't imagine what happens to players that were fully active in the previous map and then space out between maps but can't be bothered to disconnect or spectate.
I see that a lot. It's bad manners. It's between rounds and they have to go run and take a piss, answer a phone call, answer the doorbell, get a beer, smoke a cig or something, etc, etc. Mean while the clock is ticking and your teammates are suffering.

Get your head in the game soldier, all hands on deck. I don't know if you've been keeping up with current events, but we are about to get our asses kicked.

That's why I wish the idle timeout would work, but it doesn't. And if you take the time to kick vote, push them into a portal, run over them with a tank, etc, now your team is minus 2 players disadvantaged instead of just 1.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #7
analog
Community Veteran

I'm glad this is about people sitting idle - I read that at first and was like "wth" I'm a turret person when I play, mostly because I'm not always sure where to go (or the right way to get there) - but I don't go AFK at least.

Quote:
I observed that a few days ago in Dria.
One of the regulars was idle in the core with a zero score at 2+ minutes.
I gave the usual "Hey, so and so, you awake?" inquiry and they immediately jumped in a turret and sat there trying to look busy so they weren't AFK.
That player's team appeared to be in the early stages of receiving a beat down so I watched for a brief time while the player did nothing and then issued a quick kick on the player who did not return.

I can't imagine what happens to players that were fully active in the previous map and then space out between maps but can't be bothered to disconnect or spectate.
Are they the same type of people that sit at a green light because they thought of something far more important to do while the light was red?
Either that or they can't stand to be alone with their thoughts because the silence is deafening.

I suppose that there is always the possibility of playing and then there is a call, knock on the front door/have to squeeze one out/etc but I have a hard time believing that the convergence of those events matches the frequency of idle players.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:07 PM   #8
JohnSmallBerries
Fancy Man

Quote:
I'm sorry to say I've done this a couple of times (I'll alt-tab over to check my email, and forget I was playing), but I would never do it intentionally... I am aware of how it results in a team imbalance and is a pain for everyone else. And yes, I'm the type of person who starts thinking about something else at a red light and doesn't notice when it changes. Just this morning I forgot to bring my laptop to work, so I had to turn around and drive the 11 miles back home to get it. When I got back to work, I parked and went up to my lab, when I realized I had left my laptop in the car, so I had to go back down and get it.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:11 PM   #9
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Sandbaggers suck!!!! If you don't want to play leave!!!! (read a book) or at least gun for someone or link people and nodes. Hell awhile ago I didn't want to play a map so all I did was link my fellow players and the nodes and never attacked a node or player and still ended up halfway up the scoreboard . And freakin dammit it pisses me off to no end to not be able to play because of a full server and see people I consider "tier 1" players with a 65pph 30 minutes into the game. I don't have to and will not name them, we all are fully aware of who they are.

JSB I think all of us have had one of those forgetful days. Hell a few weeks ago I left to pick up some materials and got halfway to college station (45 miles) and realized I hadn't hooked up my 16 ft trailer to bring the stuff back with.

And for shits and giggles this video will make you question everything you think you remember https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN_qT6V5CIg
Old 03-24-2017, 04:46 PM   #10
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
That's why I wish the idle timeout would work, but it doesn't. And if you take the time to kick vote, push them into a portal, run over them with a tank, etc, now your team is minus 2 players disadvantaged instead of just 1.
Unfortunately the idle timeout only works on dead players or idle spectators.
I check for idle players at the start of a match.
If they haven't moved at the 2 minute mark then they get kicked.

Sandbaggers are harder to take admin action against since it needs to be very clear cut.
If someone is putting in an effort to play, even a mediocre one, then it is better to leave them alone.

You can tell that most of the noobs (yes, they are still showing up) are at least trying.
But you still get the people that will join a populated multiplayer server just to drive a badger around aimlessly or check out the kewl guns.

It's very easy. Either follow your teammates or head towards the noisy explosions. How hard is that?
There are some that just keep screwing around even after a 'Play or leave' warning followed up with a freeze and another 'Play or leave' warning.
The kick command solves that problem nicely.

The ones that run around aimlessly firing their gun at walls, the ground, the air, friendly vehicles, etc are the best.
The 'vomit' command was made for those clowns.
Old 03-24-2017, 10:44 PM   #11
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
and see people I consider "tier 1" players with a 65pph 30 minutes into the game.
Be careful when you judge that. If a player has been in spectate mode that time will count against their PPH.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:14 AM   #12
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Be careful when you judge that. If a player has been in spectate mode that time will count against their PPH.
I've noticed this as well. I don't know if it's consistent, but if you sit in spec for 10 minutes and join, it shows you as having been on the server for 10 minutes, when you may have only been actually playing for 30 seconds.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:56 AM   #13
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
I've noticed this as well. I don't know if it's consistent, but if you sit in spec for 10 minutes and join, it shows you as having been on the server for 10 minutes, when you may have only been actually playing for 30 seconds.
Was Taken into consideration before the comment and I still stand by it 100% And Since I sometimes take a screen pic of the roster before and after each match I am fully aware of the consistency and time of all the active usual players. Terminator turned out a list of all active players last summer and I annotate that for player info and tactics and players tier cataloging that I do myself on my own scale and parameters. This list has become somewhat confabulated due to so many usual active players changing names often these days, but most of the time I can tell whom they are by the tactics and weapons they use. Except Anonymous had me going yesterday I could have sworn he was dimshade, termi, or Enyo the way he was fighting till he came clean on who he was. (Thanks for the serious ass kicking Anonymous!!!) Luv ya bro, I was just in bad mood early in the day, sorry for giving up on ya!!!

PS Admins I have a request. I have never had a admin issue a command on my player in game can one of you make me vomit or slap me sometime I just wanna see what it's like to be my idol Termi PLEASE!!
Old 03-25-2017, 12:50 PM   #14
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Old 03-26-2017, 07:20 PM   #15
McGimpkins

Quote:
PS Admins I have a request. I have never had a admin issue a command on my player in game can one of you make me vomit or slap me sometime I just wanna see what it's like to be my idol Termi PLEASE!!
You're into some weird shit Smoker. I'll tell you what, the next time you get a redeemer and go to a strategic node to take it down I'll hit you with a vomit, so you weapons get chucked everywhere and you cannot pick them back up. I'm sure you'll then do your best in game Yosemite Sam impression.

Old 03-27-2017, 10:47 AM   #16
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

FUNNY

That's McGimpkins in the red, and us stains in blue!!

Anytime the admin GODS speak I must OBEY In all actuality I thought the commands would do more to me for some reason I though I would go flying across the map or something, OH WELL.

Your fellow admins have already gotten me, but you are most welcome to also O' Mighty Admin God McGimpkins And I love ol Yosemite Sam by the way!!!

And Yes, Yes I am into weird shit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
You're into some weird shit Smoker. I'll tell you what, the next time you get a redeemer and go to a strategic node to take it down I'll hit you with a vomit, so you weapons get chucked everywhere and you cannot pick them back up. I'm sure you'll then do your best in game Yosemite Sam impression.

Old 03-27-2017, 03:05 PM   #17
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
That's McGimpkins in the red, and us stains in blue!!

A
Hey, I'm a stain too...I don't even get my name up at the game intro.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:37 PM   #18
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
I noticed you were not listed on the MOTD message long ago, Here are some questions you may ask yourself, maybe??

Are you sure your admin password works?
Maybe they like you to much to tell you??
Are you sure your an Admin??
Maybe Q, Analog, JSB, Hardspike and the other admins just have not had the heart to tell you!!, YET??
Maybe we are all Admins and you are not

Have a great day
Old 03-27-2017, 04:20 PM   #19
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Maybe we are all Admins and you are not

^^^THIS^^^ is the exact reason I don't smoke weed anymore SMOKER. LOL

"Perfect paranoia is perfect awareness."

Old 03-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #20
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
You can have my spot.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught