Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament

Old 01-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #1
e_

Default Can we add classic Torlan and Prime to the server?

...just for ole' times sake.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:44 PM   #2
hardspike
Server Admin

That would be fun. There's a version of Primeval out there that's optimized for 32 players, but still uses the stock layout. Would love to see that!
Old 01-09-2017, 01:49 PM   #3
e_

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
That would be fun. There's a version of Primeval out there that's optimized for 32 players, but still uses the stock layout. Would love to see that!
Like.
Old 01-09-2017, 02:09 PM   #4
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by e_ View Post
I totally agree. Please add them!!!

Never give up BITCHES!
Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 PM   #5
dimshade
Getting there...

A version of Primeval 32 is already on the server. As for Torlan, you could start a poll regarding it (or have a mod add it to this thread), although I suspect the results may not be in it's favor.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:06 PM   #6
radar[SWE]
stoned cold killer

omg i can't believe you guys are still playing!!! i miss you all AND the game!! No time for me anymore ...
Do we have any community rep on any game consoles too? thinking about Titan fall and battlefield, etc.?
Cheers y'all!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:12 PM   #7
hardspike
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
A version of Primeval 32 is already on the server. As for Torlan, you could start a poll regarding it (or have a mod add it to this thread), although I suspect the results may not be in it's favor.
I'll have to look next time I'm on, but I thought it wasn't the "stock" Primeval. I like the stock map, and it was my understanding that someone optimized it to play better with lots of players, but left it basically the same as the original.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:41 PM   #8
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
It can't be any less popular than the version currently on the server.
Old 01-10-2017, 01:01 AM   #9
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

YES please add bone stock Torlan to the server. No mods of any kind, ut2004 demo server style. I have that map sorted out play-by-play (assuming sabbing enemy vehicles would still be illegal):

Manta
Clown car ride at start then ride to primary node, if someone flaks the manta they get banned
Everyone rides to primary and hops off to build, driver flys onward to tank node to build as soon as it's available
Once primary is up, Scorpion climbs the hill to link 3 from above, everyone else free will
Once tank node is up, manta driver boogie to opposite tank node if there appears to be time, otherwise free will
Once tank is up, drive it to hill near 3 to cover your...

Bender team
Drive immediately to 3, park and get ready to fight other team's bender, put your best sniper in turret, driver get out and touch node
Fight from bottom or top to build 3

Raptor
Whoever can get to it quickest gets it (shield jump is best)
Fly immediately to get nuke then...
-if previous teams did their job faster than enemy team, use it to nuke enemy primary once 3 is up
-if enemy teams did their job faster, use it to nuke 3 and start over

Infantry
If you somehow missed all three boats, just run to node 3 or run to sniping distance of enemy tank node and hit it as soon as it's attackable

-Never defend the base
-Never defend the base
-Never defend the base
-Never defend the base
-Node 3 is linkable from the top of the hill, but you can't attack or start the node
-Node 3 is attackable from a small ledge under the bridge, one quick assault rifle bullet can cancel out a tagged node, if they don't see you they won't be able to build it
-A tank parked on top of the hill near the platform is a good way to keep enemy team from re-claiming their primary
-If you're trying to get your primary back, make sure the center hill is clear, work ahead and make sure the secondary node's tank is always down, spam mines/flak over the hill

...okay enough nostalgia. Please bring back this map. I'm glad someone else is requesting this besides me now.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:05 AM   #10
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
I'll have to look next time I'm on, but I thought it wasn't the "stock" Primeval. I like the stock map, and it was my understanding that someone optimized it to play better with lots of players, but left it basically the same as the original.
Not stock. Many stock vehicles added though. As an example the core has a tank. There is also a Paladin at the primary and multiple added cars and mantas.

Andrew
Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 AM   #11
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Not stock. Many stock vehicles added though. As an example the core has a tank. There is also a Paladin at the primary and multiple added cars and mantas.

Andrew
Please keep the original Torla music on the map. It's the main reason I want the map back in.

Never give up BITCHES!
Old 01-10-2017, 02:42 PM   #12
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

WOW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot believe you wrote all that out, we should put it on for at least a day for all the effort
Sadly I started playing UT long after people still really played that map and some of the others I hear about.
Old 01-10-2017, 09:53 PM   #13
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I think Torlan has to be original. Each node it setup perfectly I think with specific obstacles and tactics (weapon, terrain, and vehicle-wise) to create different phases of the match depending on where the battle is happening. Adding vehicles or weapons to the lockers would throw off its balance. This is why I believe TorlanWinterCombat is not very popular. Any efforts to soup it up usually end up making it worse... like putting a spoiler and big rims on an Audi.

I think this is a very well thought out map. The terrain, node layout, vehicles and weapon locker selections are all put in place for a reason.

Plus I think it'd be a nice change of pace from how we usually roll. On original Torlan, the Goliath is actually a force to be reckoned with.. The Redeemer is actually a game changer... etc
Old 01-10-2017, 09:56 PM   #14
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMOKER View Post
WOW YEAHHHHHHHHHHH I cannot believe you wrote all that out, we should put it on for at least a day for all the effort
Sadly I started playing UT long after people still really played that map and some of the others I hear about.
Ha! Yeah when it gets brought up I get all nostalgic. It spent many-a-round on that map. I rocked the demo for years before I finally got the full game. UMG League demo server was my jam.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:27 AM   #15
e_

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
YES please add bone stock Torlan to the server. No mods of any kind, ut2004 demo server style. I have that map sorted out play-by-play (assuming sabbing enemy vehicles would still be illegal):

Manta
Clown car ride at start then ride to primary node, if someone flaks the manta they get banned
Everyone rides to primary and hops off to build, driver flys onward to tank node to build as soon as it's available
Once primary is up, Scorpion climbs the hill to link 3 from above, everyone else free will
Once tank node is up, manta driver boogie to opposite tank node if there appears to be time, otherwise free will
Once tank is up, drive it to hill near 3 to cover your...

Bender team
Drive immediately to 3, park and get ready to fight other team's bender, put your best sniper in turret, driver get out and touch node
Fight from bottom or top to build 3

Raptor
Whoever can get to it quickest gets it (shield jump is best)
Fly immediately to get nuke then...
-if previous teams did their job faster than enemy team, use it to nuke enemy primary once 3 is up
-if enemy teams did their job faster, use it to nuke 3 and start over

Infantry
If you somehow missed all three boats, just run to node 3 or run to sniping distance of enemy tank node and hit it as soon as it's attackable

-Never defend the base
-Never defend the base
-Never defend the base
-Never defend the base
-Node 3 is linkable from the top of the hill, but you can't attack or start the node
-Node 3 is attackable from a small ledge under the bridge, one quick assault rifle bullet can cancel out a tagged node, if they don't see you they won't be able to build it
-A tank parked on top of the hill near the platform is a good way to keep enemy team from re-claiming their primary
-If you're trying to get your primary back, make sure the center hill is clear, work ahead and make sure the secondary node's tank is always down, spam mines/flak over the hill

...okay enough nostalgia. Please bring back this map. I'm glad someone else is requesting this besides me now.
I love you man. I got a little misty reading this... reminds me of when the game first came out.

Wow would it be fun to play that map with this crew.

p.s. You need to add a section for best use of the tank; that is, park it on the hill behind node 3 and shell the 5#17 out of it.
Old 01-11-2017, 01:36 AM   #16
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
I love you man. I got a little misty reading this... reminds me of when the game first came out.

Wow would it be fun to play that map with this crew.
Yeah man it'd be fun to see how many people know these unwritten rules or not
Old 01-11-2017, 11:28 AM   #17
Schadenfreude
Getting there...

Quote:
If do-si-do showed up, the entire opposing team would ragequit.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:56 AM   #18
e_

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you remember Art of Manta?

Holy Christ that guy was good in a manta. He was like the Dimshade of manta driving.
Old 01-12-2017, 02:59 AM   #19
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, you remember Art of Manta?

Holy Christ that guy was good in a manta. He was like the Dimshade of manta driving.
I don't remember them, no. Names I remember (and from checking old youtubes of the server) are:

Screw
do-si-do
Mag
Lez
Yabbah
Linkon
Devastator
t.e.a.m.k.i.l.r
Neurus
mooke
Psycho41
CassandraGemini
NOMAD <---------------- i've been playing this game with nomad for probably ten years and have NEVER exchanged words
CFH320
WickedNinja
TigOlBitties
mikko
Bob
codeoflife

yeah there were many-a fights over whether or not do-si was botting.
Old 01-12-2017, 10:13 AM   #20
e_

Code of Life was a solid player, and a good smart guy. Computer programmer from Texas. He helped me build my first rig. Damn that guy could hit a shock combo.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament