Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 12-28-2016, 03:15 AM   #1
Xexx
Just Registered

Default ONS-Egyptian-War

Any chance we can get this map on the server? I converted it from VCTF with little changes. It's really a smaller map made for ~16 people or less, so I'm thinking it might go best for the late night crowd. Good for deathmatch and sniping while staying in Onslaught.

Difference from the original VCTF map:

Flags replaced with cores which are directly connected to each other.
Core is smaller than normal in order to fit under the stairs below where the flag was.
Glass placed over the side windows to limit the ability to hit the core without being inside.
Mantas removed and replaced with scorpion so getting to the other side is more work.
Blocks placed on top of the base for cover.

Portal in the middle accesses the top center of the map where I replaced the other super weapon with a redeemer. Likewise, the normal redeemers on the machine gun turret post have been removed so we can fight over the one deemer in the middle.
Removed some floating crap in the sky that shouldn't be there.

The ONS map has no background image, which I actually prefer, I'm not certain how to make one anyway.

I'm not actually clear on knowing whether the map file has dependencies, so let me know if I need to include more files. I don't think it does?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4qxdrr84f...-War-.rar?dl=0 (RAR compression)
Old 12-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #2
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
I'm not actually clear on knowing whether the map file has dependencies, so let me know if I need to include more files. I don't think it does?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4qxdrr84f...-War-.rar?dl=0 (RAR compression)
Cool! Thanks for working on a map.

Grab UTDeps, it will help you sort out if you need anything when you submit.

Andrew
Old 12-28-2016, 10:34 AM   #3
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Missing:
BedroomsHardware http://uz2.ut-files.com/BedroomsHardware.usx.uz2
BedroomsTex http://uz2.ut-files.com/BedroomsTex.utx.uz2

Quite honestly I think this map is too simple for ONS.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #4
Xexx
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
Missing:
BedroomsHardware http://uz2.ut-files.com/BedroomsHardware.usx.uz2
BedroomsTex http://uz2.ut-files.com/BedroomsTex.utx.uz2

Quite honestly I think this map is too simple for ONS.
I can see how you would think that, but I think it's a good thing to have the choice of a little late night simplicity.
Old 12-30-2016, 08:28 AM   #5
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
The ONS map has no background image, which I actually prefer, I'm not certain how to make one anyway.
You start the map, use the "ghost" cheat to fly into the sky at the center of the map, while looking at the ground. Fly higher and higher until the entire map fits in a square that is defined by the smaller side of your field of view (usually the screen height). Lower FOV settings help to achieve a topdown view, so the coordinates of players at the edge of the map match up closer with what is displayed on the radar image for that area.
Make sure you are aiming exactly at the center of the map and then you use the "togglescreenshotmode" cheat to disable the HUD elements. Take a screenshot (either ingame or with an image capturing tool of your choice, like Fraps). Load up the screenshot in an image editor and cut out a square from the center. Resize it to a power of 2 so it can be imported into the editor. Then assign it as texture in the LevelInfo.

If it's a BSP map, you may wish to edit parts out of the picture that should not show up on the radar map, like hidden rooms or the skybox area.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:27 AM   #6
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
You start the map, use the "ghost" cheat to fly into the sky at the center of the map, while looking at the ground. Fly higher and higher until the entire map fits in a square that is defined by the smaller side of your field of view (usually the screen height). Lower FOV settings help to achieve a topdown view, so the coordinates of players at the edge of the map match up closer with what is displayed on the radar image for that area.
Make sure you are aiming exactly at the center of the map and then you use the "togglescreenshotmode" cheat to disable the HUD elements. Take a screenshot (either ingame or with an image capturing tool of your choice, like Fraps). Load up the screenshot in an image editor and cut out a square from the center. Resize it to a power of 2 so it can be imported into the editor. Then assign it as texture in the LevelInfo.

If it's a BSP map, you may wish to edit parts out of the picture that should not show up on the radar map, like hidden rooms or the skybox area.

If it's a terrain map, you can also maximize the 3d viewport in the editor and look straight down with volumes turned off and dynamic lighting turned on.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner