Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #1
dimshade
Getting there...

 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 563
Default MasterBath
Reply With Quote


Since our mappers don't have enough to work on (joking, of course), I though I would toss out a couple of topics of discussion on MasterBath. Before I get called out for blasphemy, I think the map is pretty much good to go as-is. There shouldn't be any major changes, but there are a few minor gripes that I've heard.

1. The ion being able to blast the top of enemy base and the tub from it's spawn area. In my opinion, which others may or may not share, the ion shouldn't be able to do that without exposing itself. What if we upgraded to the colored version of the ion and either raised the platform it spawns on or extended the side walls down a bit? That way it's forced to come down before wreaking havoc.

2. Fill the weapon lockers (minus AVRILs and perhaps minigun). Very minor thing overall, but every locker already has shock and the base has the sniper rifle. If I remember correctly only the base weapon lockers have AVRILs. Personally I would just be happy with a lightning gun at base.

3. Just to piss of Termy, what if the armor and health generators were team specific?
__________________
"Conan! What is best in life?" ... "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
dimshade is offline  
Old 12-03-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...
 
Anonymous[Lolz]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 859
Default
Reply With Quote


I think the ion should be a able to shoot down there. You can still spawn at the lower parts of the base and kill the ion.
Anonymous[Lolz] is offline  
Old 12-03-2016, 01:30 PM   #3
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.
 
Miauz55555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 119
Default
Reply With Quote


You can also add a vehicle-healing-volume to the ion spawn and a warbzone where you can directly shoot the core which opens when the core is unlocked.
Miauz55555 is offline  
Old 12-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
Terminator
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 746
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
Since our mappers don't have enough to work on (joking, of course), I though I would toss out a couple of topics of discussion on MasterBath. Before I get called out for blasphemy, I think the map is pretty much good to go as-is. There shouldn't be any major changes, but there are a few minor gripes that I've heard.

1. The ion being able to blast the top of enemy base and the tub from it's spawn area. In my opinion, which others may or may not share, the ion shouldn't be able to do that without exposing itself. What if we upgraded to the colored version of the ion and either raised the platform it spawns on or extended the side walls down a bit? That way it's forced to come down before wreaking havoc.

2. Fill the weapon lockers (minus AVRILs and perhaps minigun). Very minor thing overall, but every locker already has shock and the base has the sniper rifle. If I remember correctly only the base weapon lockers have AVRILs. Personally I would just be happy with a lightning gun at base.

3. Just to piss of Termy, what if the armor and health generators were team specific?
1. I agree with Anon, the Ion tank should be able to shoot down there. the secondary fire from the colored Ion Tank actually does damage so it will be more effective on the map. I believe the primary fire does more damage.

2. Yeah I agree, fill the lockers. LG at the core would be nice!

3. Fuck you.

Last edited by Terminator; 12-04-2016 at 09:08 AM..
Terminator is offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 12:46 AM   #5
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 730
Default
Reply With Quote


I would like to NOT see the ion changed. When a team gets it it tends to be the stronger team that will win. Killing the ION is key to getting control of the map again, which will be far harder when you can alt-fire your heart out and kill off people while suppressing the tub and possibly the cabinet nodes.

I don't think the shield and health charge can be team dependant. The only way I can see to do it would be to use a team dependant teleporter to another location. Or recode the chargers.

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 11:56 AM   #6
$m39m4
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 56
Default
Reply With Quote


If this is the same MB as 4-5 years ago, I'd say keep it as it is, but bring back the super shock rifle.

The Ion may spam that node, but it should draw both enemy and friendly resources to the ion, hurting the overall offensive push rather than helping it. Besides, the Ion IS the reward for building the middle node, and you have to make the talentless happy someway.
$m39m4 is offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 11:58 AM   #7
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,490
Default
Reply With Quote


I've avoided editing this map since it is such a classic, but if changes are going to be made:

- Fill the lockers minus AVRiLs like Dimshade said, and replace sniper with LG. AVRiLs can be a pickup somewhere in the middle.

- Remove the teleporters to the light above the cabinet node. There are already a thousand ways to shoot the cabinet node, you don't need a spot that is unable to be defended against.

- Don't upgrade the Ion. I agree that the map geometry should change so that it can't shoot down at the core or tub. Same with not allowing snipers at the ceiling to be able to shoot the tub node.

- Why not just remove the health and shield chargers from the core cabinet? This is a fast-paced map, players should not be camping in theirs or their enemy core cabinet.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 12:15 PM   #8
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 730
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
I've avoided editing this map since it is such a classic, but if changes are going to be made:

- Why not just remove the health and shield chargers from the core cabinet? This is a fast-paced map, players should not be camping in theirs or their enemy core cabinet.
No harm in leaving them, if camping is your actual concern increase the regen amount.

I am working on a team specific heal thing.

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 05:57 PM   #9
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...
 
Anonymous[Lolz]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 859
Default
Reply With Quote


All of the listed reasons are basically non-issues just for the sake of updating a map.
Anonymous[Lolz] is offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 05:59 PM   #10
Binger
.

 
Binger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,198
Default
Reply With Quote


I'm for preventing the Ion tank from shooting down from its spawn location, especially at the base. I also don't like players being able to shoot the tub from there. I'm indifferent on changing Ion tank to newer version.

Just like with vehicle selection and placement there is an art to locker load-outs and filling them all up is just shitting all over that. If you want every damn gun in the game there should be some sacrifice, like having to spawn at the base.

The only people that like the SSR are the ones that are already good at hitscan. Do you really need an advantage?

The Health and Shield chargers encourage base camping and griefing. The map was much better without them. Team ones would be better but do you want your teammates standing there for that long. I would rather have them throwing themselves at a node.

Removing the teleporters to the light is a pretty big change. I'm don't think I like that. I would rather see the teleporters removed from the cabinets.
Binger is offline  
Old 12-04-2016, 10:36 PM   #11
dimshade
Getting there...

 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 563
Default
Reply With Quote


I only suggested the ion "upgrade" as sort of a compensation if it isn't able to fire from it's spawn area, since it's very vulnerable out in the open and with no where to hide. For what it's worth, I am indifferent to it being able to shoot the tub, but dislike it being able to shoot directly into the top of base.

Aside from sniper/LG/AVRIL, the only weapons that aren't in every locker are the minigun and grenade launcher, if I remember correctly. No big loss there.
__________________
"Conan! What is best in life?" ... "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women."
dimshade is offline  
Old 12-05-2016, 11:59 AM   #12
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 730
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
I'm for preventing the Ion tank from shooting down from its spawn location, especially at the base. I also don't like players being able to shoot the tub from there. I'm indifferent on changing Ion tank to newer version.
I agree, shooting the base sucks.

Quote:
Removing the teleporters to the light is a pretty big change. I'm don't think I like that. I would rather see the teleporters removed from the cabinets.
How about damage volumes in the lights?

You can pass through, but it will hurt and you won't be able to stay. 8 damages/second? Means you can be in either light for 12.5 seconds. I assume it will take 2 seconds to transit the lights so you have 10 seconds in the opposing teams light before you get killed. Assumes 100 health. Also if moving quickly you will still have enough health to battle it out on the other side with around 84 health. Sure is damn hot next to those giant bulbs!

You could put a few health veils on the top shelf for people who complete the jump successfully.

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 12-05-2016, 12:47 PM   #13
Terminator
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 746
Default
Reply With Quote


I love the response this thread has received from various members of the community and that shows the love for Masterbath. With that being said, I think as of now, no edits should be made.
Terminator is offline  
Old 12-05-2016, 12:53 PM   #14
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

 
Colbye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 374
Default
Reply With Quote


What the hell is masterbath??
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I wanna be on Guy's team when the Zombie Apocalypse hits.

Never give up BITCHES!
Colbye is offline  
Old 12-05-2016, 01:49 PM   #15
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie


 
KillerDoggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 396
Default
Reply With Quote


MasterShower rocks!
__________________
Freakin' bots!
KillerDoggie is offline  
Old 12-05-2016, 02:38 PM   #16
Binger
.

 
Binger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,198
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
How about damage volumes in the lights?

You can pass through, but it will hurt and you won't be able to stay. 8 damages/second? Means you can be in either light for 12.5 seconds. I assume it will take 2 seconds to transit the lights so you have 10 seconds in the opposing teams light before you get killed. Assumes 100 health. Also if moving quickly you will still have enough health to battle it out on the other side with around 84 health. Sure is damn hot next to those giant bulbs!

You could put a few health veils on the top shelf for people who complete the jump successfully.

Andrew
Like Home-Sweet-Home. Interesting. Would be better than removing the teleporters.
Binger is offline  
Old 12-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #17
$m39m4
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 56
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbye View Post
What the hell is masterbath??
To me, this is the version I liked most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z4hx6csMeg
$m39m4 is offline  
Old 12-06-2016, 12:09 AM   #18
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...
 
Anonymous[Lolz]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 859
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by $m39m4 View Post
To me, this is the version I liked most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z4hx6csMeg
Wow, that was a long time ago. MB used to look way better
Anonymous[Lolz] is offline  
Old 12-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #19
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 730
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by $m39m4 View Post
To me, this is the version I liked most.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z4hx6csMeg
Awwww 40oz and Gonzo!

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 12-07-2016, 02:21 PM   #20
Enyo
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 181
Default
Reply With Quote


I think the whole discussion over the ion is a moot point... typically, the team that focuses on building the middle node the most is the one that loses in MB. I'll even let the other team have the middle node so they'll focus on the node behind the toilet paper, which is really hard to build. Meantime, my team is taking their cabinet or tub node and destroying their core.

The only suggestion I've seen so far I'd (maybe) like to see implemented is putting damage volumes in the lights so fuckers like xexx can't spend the whole match up there. But, then again, the lights don't bother me much either, it's not that hard to pick people off up there when they peek out to shoot a node, or just go up there and kill 'em.
Enyo is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:44 AM.