Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 12-03-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Default ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V3

On the server and redirect now.

You can pre-download here, but you will need to remove "Beta-1" from the map name.

Thanks to Turbo for design/fabrication, and as usual, to Oily (WDM40) for attempts to destroy.

TK will fill us in on changes.

Old 12-04-2016, 01:10 PM   #2
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Lots of Changes:

- Stealth Badgers have been removed to see if that effects lag.
- All Badgers have been replaced with Wormbo's new ones. You can now kill them with AVRiLs and Mino shots to the back.
- Wasp spawn time is increased.
- One of the short Circuits has been replaced with a stock Manta.
- Hoverbadger added.
- Tiamat twin beam turrets have been replaced with laser turrets.
- Ballista is gone.
- The Goliath Mk. II has replaced all the stock Goliaths and Ballista.
- The 2nd link tank at the primary is gone.
- The "deemer SPMA" is gone. It didn't work great with the heavy lag on this map.

- The terrain has been changed so that the main corridors in both sides of the map more closely mirror each other.
- The rock formations with bad collision around the center nodes have been replaced with simple columns.
- Map geometry rearranged so that you can't use the Mino or Ion to shoot the Railtank node from the center of the map.
- Small changes to allow the Manta and Hoverbadger to jump their way across the top of the map. Should be fun to see what people do.

- Battery AVRiLs are not as overpowered as they were before. Should no longer 1-shot 300HP vehicles.

To summarize: The geometry was updated to balance each side. The vehicles were updated to balance them and increase fighting time by decreasing the strength of some of the more powerful ones.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #3
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Battery AVRiLs are not as overpowered as they were before. Should no longer 1-shot 300HP vehicles.
Go to know, wondering why Short Circuit took 2+ AVRILs to take it down....
Old 12-05-2016, 12:50 PM   #4
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by {glr}pooty View Post
Go to know, wondering why Short Circuit took 2+ AVRILs to take it down....
Sadly changing the battery power gives the people on foot little chance. If it takes more than 2 avril hits the person on foot will be dispatched by any short circuit driver worth their salt.

Andrew
Old 12-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #5
Terminator
Getting there...

I like the center columns... ver nice.

Why did the stock Manta replace the 2nd Short Circut? It will be useless against other vehicles will only be used as transport. I suppose if that was the idea then it works.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:54 PM   #6
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post

Why did the stock Manta replace the 2nd Short Circut? It will be useless against other vehicles will only be used as transport. I suppose if that was the idea then it works.
Manta is faster, more maneuverable, and jumps up the hills much easier. Might be a plus for long distance attack at node 6 & 8. Frekin' Short Circuit can barely get up the hill between 7/6 and 10/8.
Old 12-05-2016, 10:53 PM   #7
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:

It's a fast transport that is expendable - meaning it's okay to jump out and build a node without worrying about someone stealing your wasp. Plus, it can be used in combination with the Wave Flack now that the 6 stealth badgers are no longer on the map.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Sadly changing the battery power gives the people on foot little chance. If it takes more than 2 avril hits the person on foot will be dispatched by any short circuit driver worth their salt.

Andrew
The short Circuit could already easily beat someone on foot. The change is so that it can't one-shot the Wasp and new weaker vehicles like the hoverbadger.
Old 12-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #8
darksonny
Just Registered

Hi all
Im new in this forum and I am a huge fan of ons gametype, i 've downloaded this map and it seems it does require a lot of files to play it. Specifically this file "LIPChaoticMantasTex'.utx" where can I download to play it? Im not sure if this map is still in rotation to download with all their required files.

Is there any separated vehicle mods to download so I can have all the required files when needed to play all map here are published? Thanks!
Old 12-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #9
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksonny View Post
Hi all
Im new in this forum and I am a huge fan of ons gametype, i 've downloaded this map and it seems it does require a lot of files to play it. Specifically this file "LIPChaoticMantasTex'.utx" where can I download to play it? Im not sure if this map is still in rotation to download with all their required files.

Is there any separated vehicle mods to download so I can have all the required files when needed to play all map here are published? Thanks!
Just go into your .ini file in UT2004/system and extend the number of days to save files and then download this map on Omni. You'll have it from now on.
Old 12-06-2016, 01:24 PM   #10
darksonny
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
Just go into your .ini file in UT2004/system and extend the number of days to save files and then download this map on Omni. You'll have it from now on.
Hi Killer nice to meet you, I got the server ip from this site, how many days woould you suggest me to put into the ini file? 25 days? what's the value for assign x days into the ini file? never mind lol I got the value name
Old 12-06-2016, 01:33 PM   #11
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
Hi all
The texture which is missing is part from LIPRampages Onslaught Slaugh Pack if you want to it send me a PM and I give you an active link.
However you should also find what you search in this topic in the last post is a downloadlink from TurboKs vehiclemap (not all existing vehicles): http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14231

And just to prevent you from asking what KillerDoggie means: UT2004\System\UT2004.ini -> [Core.System] PurgeCacheDays=0

Edit: Uhrg to slow..^^ Hey darksonny a 0 means it is disabled so infinity.. the default value is 30 btw. You can also extract your cache-file very easy. I prefere the UT2k4CacheManager
Old 12-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #12
darksonny
Just Registered

thanks miauzzz (nice nick btw lol are you a sort of cat?) and all people who helped me, those links and the ini info solves my searching thanks!!
Old 12-06-2016, 03:39 PM   #13
Binger

Quote:
Hi all

Welcome to the forums Sonny.

Not sure if you know this but... If you are on the server when the map comes up you will get all the needed files (edit: oops, I should have read your post better, yes this map is still in rotation, it was just added a few days ago). You can then run a cache extractor to play the map offline. When people put links up in here for maps they don't always include all files because they know most of us will already have the files from playing on the server. It's also hard to know which files a map might need without trying to run it on a stock install of the game. Which means a mapper has to have two full installs of the game on their drive.

If you d/l a map from the forums and it's missing files then run a dependency checker on it and one of us will upload any missing files for you. Dependency checker can be found through the downloads page in this forum or just go straight to this page...

http://www.p-fat.net/
Old 12-06-2016, 06:55 PM   #14
darksonny
Just Registered

Hey binger thanks for the heads up that utility its a saving life! thank, I will play from times on times to see new maps I love ons
Old 12-11-2016, 12:45 AM   #15
Binger

Just played this for the first time. Good job. You obviously put some time into this, especially on the terrain. So far I like all the changes except one, the MkII Badgers. Love the higher center for Avril lock-ones but the minigun on them is so weak. I mean really fucking weak. Sigh. It was very well balanced before with so many other vehicles and now I don't even want to get in it. Sad. I also heard some complaints about the Hoverbadger. Is that a MkII also? There is still a problem with not being able to shoot damn the camera on the SPMA. Sometimes it goes down in one shot and other times I can pump enough shots into it to take down a tank and it doesn't even seem to affect it.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:20 AM   #16
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Just played this for the first time. Good job. You obviously put some time into this, especially on the terrain. So far I like all the changes except one, the MkII Badgers. Love the higher center for Avril lock-ones but the minigun on them is so weak. I mean really fucking weak. Sigh. It was very well balanced before with so many other vehicles and now I don't even want to get in it. Sad. I also heard some complaints about the Hoverbadger. Is that a MkII also? There is still a problem with not being able to shoot damn the camera on the SPMA. Sometimes it goes down in one shot and other times I can pump enough shots into it to take down a tank and it doesn't even seem to affect it.
The new hoverbadger handles better and doesn't let the driver get shot out. I agree that the Mk. II badgers are a bit weak, especially now that their damage model is fixed.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:41 PM   #17
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
The new hoverbadger handles better and doesn't let the driver get shot out. I agree that the Mk. II badgers are a bit weak, especially now that their damage model is fixed.
I strongly disagree, the MK II hoverbadger moves in a really wonky way. Yeah, it jumps higher, but it feels much less responsive and slower and is too "floaty" for lack of a better word. The higher jump actually makes it much harder to hit foot soldiers, you can't aim down at them if they're too close when it jumps so high.

Why replace the old hoverbadger anyway, I liked it way better? Who cares if you can get shot out of it... seems you can get shot out of a bunch of different vehicles, like the hellbender gunner seat. I've even been shot out of the mino before, but that's usually only when someone like Dimshade hits me with a Goliath from 20 miles away... hmmmmmmmmm.

Anywho, The MK II hover also seems to be much weaker than the old one... I haven't tested this, but I know I shot a centaur at 20 times on ArcticJY with the MK II hover and the damn centuar would not go down.

Seems to me like "fixing" one thing broke 3 other things. I'm with Binger on this, I don't even want to get in any of the MK II badgers on Arctic, I'd rather run on foot.
Old 12-14-2016, 06:44 PM   #18
Terminator
Getting there...

Can the Node Exploder replace the stock Manta?
Old 12-14-2016, 08:39 PM   #19
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
I strongly disagree, the MK II hoverbadger moves in a really wonky way. Yeah, it jumps higher, but it feels much less responsive and slower and is too "floaty" for lack of a better word. The higher jump actually makes it much harder to hit foot soldiers, you can't aim down at them if they're too close when it jumps so high.

Why replace the old hoverbadger anyway, I liked it way better? Who cares if you can get shot out of it... seems you can get shot out of a bunch of different vehicles, like the hellbender gunner seat. I've even been shot out of the mino before, but that's usually only when someone like Dimshade hits me with a Goliath from 20 miles away... hmmmmmmmmm.

Anywho, The MK II hover also seems to be much weaker than the old one... I haven't tested this, but I know I shot a centaur at 20 times on ArcticJY with the MK II hover and the damn centuar would not go down.

Seems to me like "fixing" one thing broke 3 other things. I'm with Binger on this, I don't even want to get in any of the MK II badgers on Arctic, I'd rather run on foot.
Since removing the stealth badger didn't seem to reduce network issues with the map, I can put back the original Badger loadout.

Quote:
Can the Node Exploder replace the stock Manta?
Why? It would be like just adding yet another tank, and then you lose a transport vehicle.
Old 12-14-2016, 09:13 PM   #20
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post

Why? It would be like just adding yet another tank, and then you lose a transport vehicle.
I fail to see how adding a Node Exploder is like adding another tank. It's no worse than having two SC's as the previous version and the Node Exploder isn't as effective as the SC.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught