Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 09-01-2016, 06:22 AM   #1
Sedoy
Just Registered

UT2k4 ONS-AbandonedCity-SedV1

Hello everyone!
Miauz told me that there is an interest to my map. i am very glad to know it!
i have seen on the forum AbandonedCity-V2
It's an old version
Here's a new current version of my map, so if you want to add it to the server, i suggest this version, also you can edit it for your server how you need to(vehicles, node layout, etc.)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/euuzkucpx3...SedV1.ut2?dl=0
Old 09-01-2016, 12:22 PM   #2
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Sweet, now if we can get Lag and Wrecking Crew to go we'll be playing! Thank you!!!
Old 09-01-2016, 03:58 PM   #3
Lagzilla
Getting there...

This looks great! I will take a closer look at it for sure. Very nice work!

Will post here when I have a minute to dig in.

Thank you Sedoy for sharing, and allowing us to edit/use the map. Very nice!

Andrew
Old 09-02-2016, 09:42 AM   #4
Sedoy
Just Registered

You're welcome! Btw, there is another my map, which i would like to share too, but it's later
Old 09-02-2016, 02:01 PM   #5
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedoy View Post
You're welcome! Btw, there is another my map, which i would like to share too, but it's later
I look forward to it. Thank you for making new content!

Andrew
Old 09-02-2016, 06:56 PM   #6
Binger

Thank you, Sedoy, for letting us use your map and for letting us edit it. If no one decides to edit it then I will submit it for the server as is. Lagzilla sounds interested, though, and I might also do an edit.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:08 PM   #7
Binger

My thoughts from the other thread. I haven't played the new version yet.

I think there is too much rubble, the buildings disappear instead of fading out (haven't checked the new version for this), and the mixture of large open maps with the cores/nodes in little rooms where you can't fit a vehicle. About that last part, I think the way it is is more suited to a fast paced map with small vehicles, which I think would be a good edit. I think it would also be good for a TMU version by removing some of the rubble, moving cores/nodes more out in the open, and keeping the ceiling for flyers under the buildings. On the fast paced version I would let flyers get above some of the lower buildings in the middle and make it a more vertical map.

*There are two zoneinfo actors in the same zone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Is there room for a Tiamat? Would a fast Manta variant such as the Wyvern be too fast for the map? Would a Hellhound be useful? How high is the ceiling? Would Raptor and Cicada variants work on the map?
All good questions that can't really be answered without trying but open it up, play it, and give suggestions.

The ceiling (on V2) was kind of low, preventing flyers from getting on top of buildings. This is great, imo, for TMU but I think a faster paced version could possibly raise that. Testing would be needed, though.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:26 PM   #8
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

A Tiamat would fit on the big highway which cut the map in half.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #9
Binger

Lag, about our conversation in game earlier; the HOM is just in the editor and does not seem as bad on SedV1 as on V2. It may be something on my end and not a problem with the map. Deleting the fog ring makes the HOM in the editor a lot worse for some reason. I do get a bad effect when zooming with the LG in some places.

It's nothing game breaking and I haven't tried any fixes for this but some things that might be worth mentioning. The zone sheet covering the doorway and windows to the room with the blue core is broken somehow. It does not show as covering the doorway, even though it looks like it does (maybe the order of the brushes?), and this causes zoneinfo15 to be in the same zone as zoneinfo0. Also Clear to fog distance is not set to true. Also none of the brushes I checked were snapped to the grid. I don't know if those things matter.

I also noticed that at least some of the buildings have a cull distance set slightly lower than the fog, which is, in this case, what makes them disappear rather than fade out. Is there a reason for cull distance on SMs in maps with fog?

Last edited by Binger; 09-03-2016 at 01:21 AM..
Old 09-03-2016, 01:23 AM   #10
Binger

Setting clear to fog color to true fixed the LG zoom thing.

The zone sheet for the room with the blue core needs to be ordered to last.

I think the HOM I'm getting in the editor is not an issue.
Old 10-29-2016, 02:38 PM   #11
Sedoy
Just Registered

hello everyone, i am sorry if i am not on time but i would like to know what did you guys decide about my map?
Old 10-29-2016, 11:33 PM   #12
Binger

Lagzilla and I were talking about it. Not sure if he was going to do an edit on it?

Have you done anything to it Sedoy? I think it at least needs the one zone issue fixed and the zones need to be set to clear to fog color. I tried to load up your SedV1 edit just now but it crashed on me cause I'm missing some files. I'll do a dependency check and get it loaded and can make those changes if you want. After that I can submit it for the server if you want me to or you can do it.

My thoughts on changes other than just those few QA changes are in this thread. Let me know what you think.
Old 10-30-2016, 12:10 AM   #13
Binger

Zone actors 0,1,8,10,15 are all in the same zone. 15 can be fixed by ordering brush378 to last but the others seem to have lost their portal sheets that were there in V2.

Edit: Portal sheets are there but have lost their order.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:26 AM   #14
GLoups!
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Zone actors 0,1,8,10,15 are all in the same zone. 15 can be fixed by ordering brush378 to last but the others seem to have lost their portal sheets that were there in V2.

Edit: Portal sheets are there but have lost their order.
Normally, once a map is done, you have to select all the non-solid brushs with right click (portal sheets) and ordered to last before last re-building, unless there's bsp hole(s) it should work.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:34 AM   #15
GLoups!
Just Registered

Just try with v3, that's seem to fix the issues, all the zones are ok.
Btw, it's always good to use the ZoneVisibility/ManualExcludes array in ZoneInfo properties as it give good results for optimizing, ex:just type in the ZoneInfo9 array :ZoneInfo15 unrealed do the rest, do this for all the zones that are not in the point of view each other.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:59 AM   #16
GLoups!
Just Registered

Seems to not work with v2
Edit: i think you have not the last version.
Old 10-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #17
Terminator
Getting there...

Gloups, are you the one who created Unkownway? I wish that map was back on the server. I like it.
Old 10-30-2016, 04:14 PM   #18
GLoups!
Just Registered

Nope, here's the thread.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #19
Binger

@GLoups!

V2 actually came before SedV1. My comments about the zones were for SedV1. V2 had a zone issue but just one and it was because the sheet didn't completely cover the opening, not because of the order of the brush. On SedV1 there are 7 zone sheets that just need to be ordered to last. I was thinking at first that they weren't there because my gfx card screws up colors and I didn't see the green.

Interesting about the ManualExcludes. I never knew what that was for.
Old 10-31-2016, 10:23 AM   #20
GLoups!
Just Registered

On the first screenshot you have two rooms facing each other with a terrain between them, if you look from the entrance you can see the bsp's inside the other room, on the other screenshot room it's manually excludes, note: the four tanks (Static-Meshs) are not excludes by the zoning for the rendering.
But i suspect more than that because i usualy have consequent differences impacts on Fps, on the other hand, it is true than Bsp's are the worst thing for optimizing (the radius of lights similarly), they contain textures etc.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner