Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 08-18-2016, 03:31 AM   #1
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Default ONS-Tyrant-)o(-Randomizer-V1

Put some work into Tyrant. Should be on the server soon.

This version is not intended to replace the existing Tyrant, it's just a version for something different.

Special thanks to Castiel for helping test the map, and for making a new vehicle, the Stingray!
Thank you to Binger for making the Goliath Mk II. It is awesome.
Thank you to Wormbo for his help with getting the core damage/healing and countdown nodes up and running, and his work on his OnslaughtSpecials. Cool to have some tweakable stuff in the game!
Thank you to Terminator, Turbo, Flacis and RacerX for helping with play testing and making suggestions on the vehicle loadout.

Thanks to WMD40 for testing it, I know it was time consuming!

Thanks to Carpe for getting it on the server.

Changes from current Tyrant version on the server:

All cores and nodes updated to Wormbo's Onslaught Specials and renamed.
5 Distinct Node Layouts, described below. - Big changes!
Fixed all player starts so there are no more facing the floor or ceiling at spawn.
All weapons lockers updated. Several lockers added (18 in the original, 30 regular and 4 node lockers after.) Node lockers are team specific lockers.
Battery replaces the Avril, minigun removed from the map.
Weapons lockers in front of the core are team dependant.
Health and shield chargers in both cores.
Relics added to the cores, includes:

- Relic of Agility (wing):
2.5 x your Jump Power. 2 x your Air Control. 1.25 x your Max Fall Speed.

- Relic of Defense (shield):
0.625 x the damage you take. If you have more than 100 points of life, the
health will decrease by 10 points each 2 seconds. If you have more than 0
points of shield, the shield will decrease by 10 points each 2 seconds.

- Relic of Equilibrium (balance):
If you get hurt, the damage will be distributed among anyone within an area
radius of 300 units. The relic doesn't kill teammates.

- Relic of Guns (pistol):
2 x your Fire Speed.

- Relic of Haste (runner):
1.5 x your Ground Speed, Water Speed, Air Speed and Ladder Speed. If you have
a flag or bomb, the relic will auto-destroy after a random time, and if you
toss the relic, you will drop the flag or bomb.

- Relic of Infancy (baby):
0.5 x your Width and Height. 0.8 x your Ground Speed, Water Speed, Air Speed,
Ladder Speed and Jump Power. You can't crouch.

- Relic of Strength (punch):
1.75 x the damage you do. If you pick up a Damage Amplifier, the UDamage's
time will be reduced by half.

- Relic of Vengeance (skull):
1.5 seconds after your death, this relic will hurt anyone (-200 points of
life) within an area radius of 1500 units. If you suicide, the relic won't
work.

To throw the relic, open the console and type: mutate tossrelic

Special redeemer spawn point added next to core. The redemeer will only spawn when the opposing team controls the two close primaries.
Screens added to core hallway to the tank node (the larger middle one by the link tank) to reduce spam.
Jumpads at both ends of the ramp now have emitters.
Jumpads at side nodes now have emitters.
4 new jump pads added to the center of the map to get you on the side walls.
Machine Guns added to opposing sides of side walls.
Stairs added from side wall to center "bridge."
Redeemer moved into the air.
Energy turrets removed from the center of the map.
SSR Removed.
Boxes at tank node reduced in size due to vehicle randomizer.
Health keg added to tank node, replaces one shield pack.
Side node hallways have a screen added to prevent spawn killing the teleporters from the outer side nodes, also reduces potential splash from tank shots. This is near the lightning gun.
Jumppad in side node hallway is moved outside to avoid the screen that was added.
Added emitters to the side node hallway jump pads.

All new node numbers and names
5 link layouts. 4 new ones - Randomly chosen at start of round.
1: Default - Same as the current Tyrant version
2: Straight through - As it seems, Outside nodes connected, Inside nodes connected through tank nodes. Inner side nodes cutoff outer nodes
3: Tons-O-Primaries - 3 Primaries, two near the core and the old Palading outer node. Across the cented like a +. Cutoff at inner side nodes.
4: Countdown Node - Outside nodes connected. Tank node cannot be lost and is a primary not connected to a secondary. Outside primaries connected to inside nodes.
Countdown node is where the redemer was. You must hold the node for 45 seconds. If you do the opposing core gets damaged 23 points. There is no center node in this layout.
5: Tug of War - Right primary cannot be lost, it is not connected to a secondary. Left primary connects to the old right Paladin node and then to the opposing primary.
The tank node cannot be lost and has no secondary.
There are 3 countdown nodes in this layout. The center node works as above, its up where the redeemer was and holding it for 45 seconds damages the opposing teams core 23 points.
The two inside nodes on the main floor are heal nodes. If you hold either node for 60 seconds you will gain 23 points to your already damaged core. Will not exceed 100.

Vehicle changes:
All Paladin updated to Aegis.
Core benders swapped out with King Hellhound.
Core link tanks updated to newest version. (V2 with 3 turrets)
New Manta Variant added - Castiel's Stingray. This is a 2 seat Manta, it has a tyrant like primary fire (shell) and a secondary plasma style fire. Spawns near Tyrant in core.
Standard Manta swapped with a Mirage Manta at core.
Randomized vehicles are in this map at some nodes, as follows. Using the new node numbers...

Core Vehicles:
New Link Tank (2.0 w/3 turrets) in usual spot - 30 second respawn
King Hell Hound in front of the core - 30 second respawn
Tyrant V2 on left side as before - 40 second respawn
Stingry on left side where bender was - 40 second respawn
Mirage manta on right side where regular manta was before - 30 second respawn
Aegis instead of Paladin on right side - 30 second respawn

Right Primary (7 - South Core East, 9 - North Core West):
Web Caster - 30 Second Respawn

Left Primary (6 - South Core West, 8 - North Core East):
Randomized Vehicle - Choices:
Link Scorpion - 30 second respawn
Nebula - 30 second respawn
Nova - 60 second respawn
RMD Flack Rat - 30 second respawn
Web Caster - 30 Second Respawn

Outter Nodes (10 - West, 11 - East):
2 Vehicles spawn here now.
1 is an Aegis with a 45 second respawn.
The other is a stock Goliath with a 45 second respawn.

Vehicle Node (4 - North Vehicle Node, 5 - South Vehicle Node)
Shocker V2 - 90 second respawn time
Plasma Tank - 60 second respawn
Goliath Mk2 - 30 second respawn
Fire Tank - 45 second respawn

Inner Nodes (2 - West, 1 - East):
Random Manta Choices (Spawns above as before)
Mirage Manta - 30 second respawn
Node Buster - 45 second respawn
Pulse Traitor - 30 second respawn
Short Circuit - 50 second respawn
Stingray - 50 second respawn
Wyvern - 45 second respawn

Available for download here.

Last edited by Lagzilla; 08-18-2016 at 01:34 PM..
Old 08-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #2
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Sounds good, can't wait to try it, that's quite a few changes....
Old 08-18-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
Terminator
Getting there...

Lagzilla, thanks for your continued efforts to edit existing maps while putting in a few twists. I appreciate the hard work you put in; despite always receiving negative comments from others. This map is awesome.
Old 08-18-2016, 02:24 PM   #4
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Lagzilla, thanks for your continued efforts to edit existing maps while putting in a few twists. I appreciate the hard work you put in; despite always receiving negative comments from others. This map is awesome.
No worries.

I know some people will like it and others won't. Par for the course. They have an editor too and can submit maps

Thanks again for your help testing it. I am excited to see how the damage/heal nodes will go over.

Andrew
Old 08-18-2016, 03:43 PM   #5
Binger

Wow, you've been busy. Some very interesting stuff in here. Did you actually get Wormbo to work on OnslaughtSpecials? Did you blackmail him? Do the unshielded nodes work online now?

Team specific lockers sound awesome.

"The redemeer will only spawn when the opposing team controls the two close primaries." Neat.

The only thing I don't see in here are the nodes that fight back.

Sorry I didn't give you any feedback on this when you sent me a copy. It just kept slipping my mind.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:25 PM   #6
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Wow, you've been busy. Some very interesting stuff in here. Did you actually get Wormbo to work on OnslaughtSpecials? Did you blackmail him? Do the unshielded nodes work online now?

Team specific lockers sound awesome.

"The redemeer will only spawn when the opposing team controls the two close primaries." Neat.

The only thing I don't see in here are the nodes that fight back.

Sorry I didn't give you any feedback on this when you sent me a copy. It just kept slipping my mind.
No worries on the feedback, real life is what happens between UT matches.

He did not make any changes to the packages or anything, but there was a crucial thing I wanted to do that Specials Lite does that Specials does not. I wanted all of the Specials features so I chose it over lite, but that meant that healing would not work. Basically he made some suggestions on how to get the code out of Lite over to Specials. Also he helped with spawning meshes with network emitters and team light color changes. Both worked like crap (and he warned me they would not work well) so they did not make it to the final edits...

Andrew
Old 09-01-2016, 02:41 PM   #7
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Here are the new node layouts, if anyone is interested:

Tug Of War

Count Down Node

Tons-O-Primaries

Straight Through

"Default"
Old 09-05-2016, 04:20 PM   #8
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Wow Lag, that's a lot of words you wrote there..

Seriously, what a great job you did on this! Hats off to you!
Old 09-06-2016, 12:53 AM   #9
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Thanks! I appreciate it. Hopefully it is fun for a larger group. It's odd too, which may be a change up. Anyways, thanks.

Andrew
Old 09-06-2016, 02:54 PM   #10
Enyo
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
No worries on the feedback, real life is what happens between UT matches.
Lag, I tested this map a few times, albeit not as much as I'd like to have, and shamefully also failed to give you any feedback... well, here I am!

First off, thanks for putting time and effort into creating some new maps to keep this server fresh, it's a thankless task I know that many (including myself) don't have the patience or drive to do. I like change and look forward to having this in the rotation.

I like the map and I really like the Count Down Node layout, it's a different kind of idea that would definitely change the dynamics of game play. I have to say I'm not a fan of the Tug of War layout since there's only one primary... I get that's kind of the point, but I've never been a fan of nodes that link to nowhere (other than the core) and don't connect to other nodes.

As far as vehicle/weapon loadouts, I'm not very picky on this point, so I'm fine with how you have it. There's only a very small handful of maps where I have any issues with the loadouts, but those are mostly very old and hardly ever played anyway.

All that said, only way to really know how this puppy will play is to go live with it... any idea when that's going to happen? Overall, nice job!
Old 09-06-2016, 03:20 PM   #11
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Lag, I tested this map a few times, albeit not as much as I'd like to have, and shamefully also failed to give you any feedback... well, here I am!

First off, thanks for putting time and effort into creating some new maps to keep this server fresh, it's a thankless task I know that many (including myself) don't have the patience or drive to do. I like change and look forward to having this in the rotation.

I like the map and I really like the Count Down Node layout, it's a different kind of idea that would definitely change the dynamics of game play. I have to say I'm not a fan of the Tug of War layout since there's only one primary... I get that's kind of the point, but I've never been a fan of nodes that link to nowhere (other than the core) and don't connect to other nodes.

As far as vehicle/weapon loadouts, I'm not very picky on this point, so I'm fine with how you have it. There's only a very small handful of maps where I have any issues with the loadouts, but those are mostly very old and hardly ever played anyway.

All that said, only way to really know how this puppy will play is to go live with it... any idea when that's going to happen? Overall, nice job!
Thanks for checking it out! I appreciate the feedback.

Carpe does the map loading for the server, he did not have a chance to get it going before he left. I am sure he will get it once he is up and running up in the GWN.

Thank you again!

Andrew
Old 09-09-2016, 09:00 AM   #12
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

We played this last night for the first time on the server. Played very well and the consensus was that it was some great mapping work--thanks!

Was a good back and forth match and lots of fun.
Old 09-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #13
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Yeah played well, but we played four rounds and it was a nice change. Good job Lag!
Old 09-09-2016, 04:34 PM   #14
JohnSmallBerries
Fancy Man

Agreed, it was a refreshing new map, lots of fun. Thanks Lagzilla!
Old 09-11-2016, 02:44 PM   #15
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Loads of fun, still to understand the dynamics, but loved the scorpion energy web caster... fun was had by all I'm sure. Thanks Andy.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 09-11-2016, 05:11 PM   #16
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Finally got to play the map online today. It played well for the most part. The Tug of War node layout spreads out the gameplay nicely. The "Tons of Primaries" link setup was a bit too constrictive, as there were typically only two unlocked nodes available, and they were right next to each other.

Vehicles:
- Tank manta is fun.
- Why is the old version of the Fire Tank used?
- Is there ever a web caster that spawns at the tank node like it says on the map?

Weapons:
- It would be nice to have all the weapons available at each locker on a map with OPVs. The original Tyrant plays fine, why nerf infantry AND buff the vehicles at the same time?
Old 09-11-2016, 11:18 PM   #17
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Finally got to play the map online today. It played well for the most part. The Tug of War node layout spreads out the gameplay nicely. The "Tons of Primaries" link setup was a bit too constrictive, as there were typically only two unlocked nodes available, and they were right next to each other.

Vehicles:
- Tank manta is fun.
- Why is the old version of the Fire Tank used?
- Is there ever a web caster that spawns at the tank node like it says on the map?

Weapons:
- It would be nice to have all the weapons available at each locker on a map with OPVs. The original Tyrant plays fine, why nerf infantry AND buff the vehicles at the same time?
The tank manta is a blast! Castiel did a good job. Don't forget it has 2 seats!
I thought I took the fire tank from Magic Isle?
The tank node will only spawn:

Every weapon except the Avril (replaced with battery,) minigun and LG spawn at all lockers. The LG you have to go get from the side nodes.
My thoughts on this:
Battery to keep up with faster manta variants.
Minigun removed - because it's lame.
LG - If you fail to control the side nodes in anyway you are driven back to the core. The LG will do little good to help you get out of that rut, and certainly won't help if you have people LG'ing somewhere when you are down to primaries.

Thank you for the feedback! And also the kind words.

Andrew
Old 09-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #18
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
The tank manta is a blast! Castiel did a good job. Don't forget it has 2 seats!
I took the fire tank from Magic Isle?
The tank node will only spawn:

Every weapon except the Avril (replaced with battery,) minigun and LG spawn at all lockers. The LG you have to go get from the side nodes.
My thoughts on this:
Battery to keep up with faster manta variants.
Minigun removed - because it's lame.
LG - If you fail to control the side nodes in anyway you are driven back to the core. The LG will do little good to help you get out of that rut, and certainly won't help if you have people LG'ing somewhere when you are down to primaries.

Thank you for the feedback! And also the kind words.

Andrew
The Tank node shows a web scorpion icon on the spawn map, probably an issue with the randomizer factories.
I always spawn at the tank node and it would be nice to have an LG to take out the people hiding up in the sides shooting the countdown node.
MTMU randomizer is stuck with the old Firetank, so it might be forced over the new one that you copied from MagicIsle. I tried to replace it on MTMU-Rand. and it wouldn't work.
Old 09-12-2016, 03:07 AM   #19
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
The Tank node shows a web scorpion icon on the spawn map, probably an issue with the randomizer factories.
I always spawn at the tank node and it would be nice to have an LG to take out the people hiding up in the sides shooting the countdown node.
MTMU randomizer is stuck with the old Firetank, so it might be forced over the new one that you copied from MagicIsle. I tried to replace it on MTMU-Rand. and it wouldn't work.
I will make some notes for the next time this gets edited. Thanks again for the input.

Andrew
Old 09-13-2016, 09:57 AM   #20
dimshade
Getting there...

mutate tossrelic doesn't seem to to work for me. Are others able to use it successfully?

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught