Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament

Old 08-13-2016, 11:47 PM   #1
vincenT
Just Registered

Post Thank You All (2)

(Note: Hopefully this repost fixes the database error and it should allow for replies now, Carpe feel free to delete the other thread, thanks.)

I'm going to be MIA for a while. I'm going to be live streaming as much as I can to try to get some good matches recorded before I leave. I just want to take a moment to say thank you to all the players who I've met during my time here.

First off let me say, this is not a goodbye post lol. I'll still be checking in from time to time. This is more of an appreciation post for all the players who keep this game going, and for the time that I've enjoyed playing on this server.

If it wasn't for the Omnipotents server and all the players who are on every night, I probably would have moved onto another game by now. I'm thankful that there is still a great online community for UT. I've played this game for so long and met so many amazing players who became friends over time. I really value the time I spend on the server with you all.

I also want to say thanks to Colbye. If it wasn't for that crazy and hilarious one hour video you posted of GTKU, none of my videos or Youtube channel would exist. Watching your videos is what inspired me to start live streaming in the first place. My original plan was to just live stream one or two matches and then call it quits. Now I'm up to about 80 videos lol. I kept the live stream going because I wanted to show other players how incredible UT 2004 still is, and the remarkable level of teamwork that I see from everybody. If the main server ever goes down, the videos and the memories will still be there.

I didn't expect that I would still be playing this game in 2016. Each time I join the server, I still have just as much fun as the first time I played the demo. Way back in 2004, I started out playing on the UMG Torlan server under the name D.E.A.D_SNIPER. That server was like a second home to me when I got into this game and I probably logged a couple hundred hours in that place. I met lots of good players there who later became my teammates on the TWL ladder. I played with my team for a few years in competitive matches and everything I've learned about this game was because of them. The greatest thing they taught me was that it is a real privilege to be able to lead a team and to always let your teammates know how much you value them. Man so many awesome memories from this game over the years, good times.

I said this before years ago to another group of players I knew, and its still true now: Its the teammates you have playing side by side with you that make all the difference.

Thank you all for making this server a great place to play,
-vincenT
Old 08-14-2016, 02:51 AM   #2
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Hey Vince yeah nice meeting you. See you around and good luck with whatever you're up to.

I've been thinking of taking a break myself. Most of this month i'm out with a band and i may continue my ut absence into september. Probably not though!
Old 08-14-2016, 09:35 AM   #3
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Best of luck in whatever the stupid things you're doing in real life. Sheesh.

I'm still amazed when I stop and thing that this game is still going fairly strong here and a few
other places (HoC, SoL, ComboWhore). 12 years old, amazing <-- say that like Louis CK would.

When you're ready to come back (and you KNOW you will) Vinnie, we'll still be here.

peace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
...Probably not though!
LOL, at least you came to your senses and were honest with yourself.

Old 08-14-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenT View Post
I also want to say thanks to Colbye. If it wasn't for that crazy and hilarious one hour video you posted of GTKU, none of my videos or Youtube channel would exist. Watching your videos is what inspired me to start live streaming in the first place. My original plan was to just live stream one or two matches and then call it quits. Now I'm up to about 80 videos lol. I kept the live stream going because I wanted to show other players how incredible UT 2004 still is, and the remarkable level of teamwork that I see from everybody. If the main server ever goes down, the videos and the memories will still be there.
You just made my day/week/month...thanks so much for the kind words!

The thing about this place that makes it so special is hard to describe. Watching your videos and editing my own, it's easy to become fans of any one of these goober heads. I know that 10, 20, 30 years from now I am going to look back at my time playing this game and have next-level nostalgia, and you're a part of that vincenT.

We hope you come visit often, just make sure you make a video of your comeback

Later bud.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:09 AM   #5
vincenT
Just Registered

To YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH: Hey it was great to meet you too. You showed up in quite a few live stream videos and early on I could tell you were a veteran player because of the way you play this game. I remember that you said you played on the UMG Torlan server. I think we probably played with a lot of the same players. When I first started out in 2k4, UMG was the only server I played on until I discovered the Cainslair server. Literally every player I recruited for my TWL team came from the UMG server lol.

To Carpe: It's going to be hard to leave this game that's for sure. Maybe I should start a support group for recovering UT addicts haha.

To Colbye: I think live streaming the matches actually helped me as player. I noticed that my play style started to change over time. I started to use vehicles I had always avoided using and started to take more risks to get into the front of the action in the battle for nodes.

Colbye I also want to give you credit for helping me introduce players back into this game. I've received emails and messages from different players telling me that they got back into UT because they came across the live stream videos from Youtube and other forums it has been posted on. There are lots of former and new players out there who don't realize that there is still an active community for this game. My highest viewed video is actually from a post on a different forum lol. They are always excited to see how much teamwork and action is involved in onslaught. I'm really close to the 100 video mark, and I may try to reach for that goal before I leave.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:42 PM   #6
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

I said this before years ago to another group of players I knew, and its still true now: Its the teammates you have playing side by side with you that make all the difference.

Thank you all for making this server a great place to play,
-vincenT[/QUOTE]

Nice comments here Vince...I agree with you whole heartedly. Thanks for playing along with us here!
Old 08-19-2016, 06:50 PM   #7
Terminator
Getting there...

Bye Vincent. Thanks for gaming with us; I hope you will find your way back. Best wishes in your future endeavors.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:14 AM   #8
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

Quote:
I'm really close to the 100 video mark, and I may try to reach for that goal before I leave.
I hope you're around for my 100th ut episode!....in a couple months lol
Old 08-20-2016, 01:22 PM   #9
$m39m4
Just Registered

Quote:
To YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH: Hey it was great to meet you too. You showed up in quite a few live stream videos and early on I could tell you were a veteran player because of the way you play this game. I remember that you said you played on the UMG Torlan server. I think we probably played with a lot of the same players. When I first started out in 2k4, UMG was the only server I played on until I discovered the Cainslair server. Literally every player I recruited for my TWL team came from the UMG server lol.

To Carpe: It's going to be hard to leave this game that's for sure. Maybe I should start a support group for recovering UT addicts haha.

To Colbye: I think live streaming the matches actually helped me as player. I noticed that my play style started to change over time. I started to use vehicles I had always avoided using and started to take more risks to get into the front of the action in the battle for nodes.

Colbye I also want to give you credit for helping me introduce players back into this game. I've received emails and messages from different players telling me that they got back into UT because they came across the live stream videos from Youtube and other forums it has been posted on. There are lots of former and new players out there who don't realize that there is still an active community for this game. My highest viewed video is actually from a post on a different forum lol. They are always excited to see how much teamwork and action is involved in onslaught. I'm really close to the 100 video mark, and I may try to reach for that goal before I leave.
I remember you. Pam, hardspike, you, and me are the only ones from Cain'sLair. I monikered as Tire{CLR} back then. I may even have kept a demo of the T32 vs Cainslair. I had a Holy Shit kill on Dria against them

I mentioned you here just a week or two ago. http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...t=14889&page=2

I admined UMG league for like 2 months before I got bored and came here. UMG league had Tillis and Code of Life as other admins.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:04 PM   #10
vincenT
Just Registered

To $m39m4: I remember you too. Those were some good times. Over 10+ years of playing this game in matches on UMG, Cainslair, pick-up (PUG) games, clan matches, and finally on Omnipotents, I always felt really lucky that I got to play with such amazing players. I pulled a few screenshots from the early days of 2k4. http://vincentv3x.imgur.com/ You might recognize a few players. If only I knew how to live stream back then I could've recorded some crazy matches.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:51 AM   #11
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
To $m39m4: I remember you too. Those were some good times. Over 10+ years of playing this game in matches on UMG, Cainslair, pick-up (PUG) games, clan matches, and finally on Omnipotents, I always felt really lucky that I got to play with such amazing players. I pulled a few screenshots from the early days of 2k4. http://vincentv3x.imgur.com/ You might recognize a few players. If only I knew how to live stream back then I could've recorded some crazy matches.
Thanks man

Checked out that link with player names... nostalgia!
Old 08-22-2016, 09:20 AM   #12
$m39m4
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Thanks man

Checked out that link with player names... nostalgia!
It's actually very lacking.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:20 AM   #13
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Sorry to see you go Vincent. I can't think of anybody on this server that is more upbeat, positive, team-building, with great sportsmanship than you. If there was a most valuable player award you should be awarded it. You have been a great example to the rest of us. Good luck in your future endeavors and it was always a pleasure to be on the same team as you.

-McLovin
Old 08-22-2016, 12:48 PM   #14
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Sorry to see you go Vincent. I can't think of anybody on this server that is more upbeat, positive, team-building, with great sportsmanship than you. If there was a most valuable player award you should be awarded it. You have been a great example to the rest of us. Good luck in your future endeavors and it was always a pleasure to be on the same team as you.

-McLovin
x2
Old 08-22-2016, 12:50 PM   #15
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:

-McLovin
Bravo!

Always glad to see you in game Vincent. Fair winds and following seas.

Andrew
Old 08-23-2016, 12:00 AM   #16
vincenT
Just Registered

Quote:

-McLovin
I really appreciate what you said man. Thank you all for the thoughtful words. Playing on this server left a positive, lasting impression on me as well. There were so many hard fought matches where both teams played all out and left everything on the field. The level of teamwork I saw from the players here was something I rarely came across outside of clan matches. If I would've known you guys back in the early days of UT, I would've been honored to have you all as teammates.

I'm going to be taking a break to spend more time with family and friends and maybe do some traveling. I don't think I could ever quit this game completely, so I'll try to check back in every once in a while. I'm going to try to make it to 100 videos, but it may take longer to get there.

Thank you all for everything,

-vincenT
Old 08-24-2016, 06:53 PM   #17
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Miss you Man, until next time!
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 08-24-2016, 07:35 PM   #18
duh
www.gotse.cx

I'm sorry to hear you won't be around as much, vincenT. Hearing your encouraging voice leading a team is a real treat and whenever my team is losing I look to see if you're on the opposing side. Thanks for showing me how important the corners are in gunshop, too! Have fun with whatever you're doing and I look forward to playing with you again.....

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament