Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 04-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #21
Turbo K
Community Veteran

The nuclear strike painter is going to have to go. People have been abusing it by firing it at the end of a round and then wiping out the enemy team at the beginning of the next round.
Old 04-05-2016, 11:53 AM   #22
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
The nuclear strike painter is going to have to go. People have been abusing it by firing it at the end of a round and then wiping out the enemy team at the beginning of the next round.
Did not know that was possible. I would have thought one game wouldn't be able to call into another. Not that I'm willing to abuse the situation, it just seems odd. There should be a way to cut the call. I have tried more than once to call the nuke-painter, can never get it to call.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 04-05-2016, 06:22 PM   #23
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
GTKU does that and while it's a douche move... I don't think its fair to take it out of the game and punish the players that use it correctly. Is there a way to fix that?
Old 04-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #24
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
GTKU does that and while it's a douche move... I don't think its fair to take it out of the game and punish the players that use it correctly. Is there a way to fix that?
There is, but I don't have the time to learn how to do something that advanced.

Does the regular bombing run painter have the same issue?
Old 04-06-2016, 01:49 PM   #25
Wormbo
Wormlike

As far as I can tell, it does. There doesn't seem to be any code that would prevent it from surviving a round restart.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #26
SMOKER
Up in Smoke

Hell they learned it from using the stormcaster on the other teams base on MTMU maps, remember when I think Pam or Roger used to to that all the time before he or she was banned? Roger your cool now, glad to have ya back!

Last edited by SMOKER; 04-06-2016 at 03:57 PM.. Reason: forgot
Old 04-06-2016, 09:41 PM   #27
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:

I would advise against that type of behavior since that is what caused Roger's most recent ban.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:49 AM   #28
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
My votes are the lesser used vehicles:

Turtle to protect 1-2 (the ageis can barely defend the node)
Nexis because more nukes?
Short circuit to kill bender campers
The reason 1-2 isn't protected long enough by the Aegis is because of the Mino (and the Dragon on another version of Dria.) Removing the Mino should do the trick. A Nexis would be bad because of the same reason you are suggesting a Turtle... it could take out 1-2 and keep either side from progressing. The Short Circuit might be a problem that way but since it isn't heavily armored, it could work. It's fairly overpowered and can take things out in 1-2 shots and maneuverable... so it could be a problem but I'm not as concerned as I am with Mino or a Nexis. The main reason the Dria's are such a drag for me is the stalemates over 1 and 2... always going to 1 or 2, clearing it, building it and then only to have it taken out again a second or two later... almost never enough time to progress to the next node. This version isn't as bad that way with the rocks... and I have played this one with more definitive wins (with core hits than with just node drain) than some of the other Dria's.

For me I would only suggest some minor changes ... then again I still don't think people will play it. IMHO:
-Remove Mino (or swap w a Short Circuit)
-Change node setup

Done.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 04-10-2016, 12:17 PM   #29
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
This can be prevented by placing a limitation volume over the bases.
Old 04-10-2016, 01:21 PM   #30
Wormbo
Wormlike

That would prevent legitimate use during the match, though.
Old 04-10-2016, 02:22 PM   #31
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
That would prevent legitimate use during the match, though.
Would it only prevent legitimate use over the core though? A player shouldn't be hitting the core area with that weapon at any point during the match.
Old 04-10-2016, 06:18 PM   #32
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Would it only prevent legitimate use over the core though? A player shouldn't be hitting the core area with that weapon at any point during the match.
If the core is available to shoot, I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Now shooting the weapon at your own core with 3 seconds left which results in the other team getting nuked at the beginning of the round is unacceptable.

Last edited by Terminator; 04-11-2016 at 12:54 PM..
Old 04-11-2016, 12:07 AM   #33
Wormbo
Wormlike

The weapon is part of the map, so the map needs to be designed to restrict it, if necessary. And a LimitationVolume is not really a player-friendly restriction as it's invisible.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:33 PM   #34
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
The weapon is part of the map, so the map needs to be designed to restrict it, if necessary. And a LimitationVolume is not really a player-friendly restriction as it's invisible.
I'll have to think of a better solution then. Perhaps a limitation volume over the stallz, so that it only affects the Pheonix Bomber and not flyers.
Old 04-11-2016, 03:23 PM   #35
Binger

Quote:
I'll have to think of a better solution then. Perhaps a limitation volume over the stallz, so that it only affects the Pheonix Bomber and not flyers.
Sounds good if you can get it to work.

The weapon is broken. If Wormbo can't fix it it should be removed. It's not very effective in this map anyway. The best use for it is painting your own base at the end of the round. I've done it and I'll do it again because I know the other team will also do it. You can't leave something like this in a map and expect people not to use it. You can't leave an obvious exploit in a map and then ban people for taking advantage of it.
Old 04-11-2016, 06:28 PM   #36
hardspike
Server Admin

I recall asking in the past if you could do something like this and being told it was impossible. Seems that someone was telling me that you could fire a redeemer at your own base right as a round finished. If you stood the correct distance and fired at the right moment it would explode just as the other team spawns at their new base to start the round. I asked about it here somewhere and was told it was impossible because all weapons are destroyed at the end of the round. Guess there's more to the story.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:20 PM   #37
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
The best use for it is painting your own base at the end of the round. I've done it and I'll do it again because I know the other team will also do it. You can't leave something like this in a map and expect people not to use it. You can't leave an obvious exploit in a map and then ban people for taking advantage of it.
You can also take a Bio Tank over to the locked enemy core at the beginning of a round and spawn-kill, but people generally don't do that, as it's considered bad sportsmanship.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:22 AM   #38
Wormbo
Wormlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
I recall asking in the past if you could do something like this and being told it was impossible. Seems that someone was telling me that you could fire a redeemer at your own base right as a round finished. If you stood the correct distance and fired at the right moment it would explode just as the other team spawns at their new base to start the round. I asked about it here somewhere and was told it was impossible because all weapons are destroyed at the end of the round. Guess there's more to the story.
Projectiles implement the Reset() function to destroy themselves, which gets called right when the round restarts. Non-guided Redeemer rockets have no chance to do any (further) damage that way. Guided Redeemer rockets are even explicitly blown up two seconds before the restart.

The ONSAutoBomber (I wonder where the name "Phoenix" for it came up?) is neither a vehicle nor a projectile and doesn't implement Reset() or any other check for end/start of round. I suppose the Nuclear Strike Painter's bomber just subclasses or duplicates ONSAutoBomber and thus doesn't do these checks either. This is an easily missed detail, as you can see from the Storm Caster's original ThunderStorm actor, which also failed to check that condition. (Version 2 fixed that problem.)

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance