Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 11-15-2015, 02:46 AM   #21
GLoups!
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Here's another question. If I want to see the script for a vehicle that is embedded in a map how would I do that? I would like to look at the differences in the stock Goliath and the one on that FlyManta map but it's embedded in the map so I don't have a .u file for it. Any ideas?
Wiki is offline but i got this, it export what you want in your ut2004 file : Download
Sorry i didn't find the homepage on the web (offline too).
You may need the source code for the Goliath :
Source code url

Last edited by GLoups!; 11-15-2015 at 02:52 AM.. Reason: Details
Old 11-15-2015, 01:49 PM   #22
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLoups! View Post
Wiki is offline but i got this, it export what you want in your ut2004 file : Download
Sorry i didn't find the homepage on the web (offline too).
You may need the source code for the Goliath :
Source code url
That download is just a link to the file on your A: drive. Do you have an installer for it that you can upload for me? I have WOTGreal v3.005 but I don't understand how to use it and I can't get it to show everything in a map like in your screenshot. I'll keep trying.

Thanks.
Old 11-15-2015, 01:58 PM   #23
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Navigate to the maps folder and open your map. Press the Class button up top. Yes, I forgot about the WOTgreal approach.
Old 11-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #24
GLoups!
Just Registered

Oops, wot greal 3.005 is not the same, it's a very advanced one..

Here is the true link, Download, you can ether export static_mesh to 3ds files, but only from a package, for static-meshs from a map, you'll have to save a package in unrealed under a new name.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:22 PM   #25
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
Navigate to the maps folder and open your map. Press the Class button up top. Yes, I forgot about the WOTgreal approach.
Quote:
Oops, wot greal 3.005 is not the same, it's a very advanced one..
Too advanced for me. No matter what I do I can only get it to show what I'm guessing is the compiled code for the map.

Quote:
Here is the true link, Download, you can ether export static_mesh to 3ds files, but only from a package, for static-meshs from a map, you'll have to save a package in unrealed under a new name.
Got it. Thanks. Unfortunately it's not showing anything for that FlyManta map. It doesn't seem to show any stock classes on any maps. The author extended ONSTankFactory with LongRangeONSTankFactory, which is myLeveled, but I can't get that to show in the WOTGreal Exporter. Oh well, no biggy. I just wanted to see the differences in the LongRange verse stock versions of the Goliath. Thanks for the help anyway.

Right now I just want to get my vehicle .uc files into one .u file so I can test out changes. I can't figure that out.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #26
Binger

I'm getting closer but still getting an error...

Old 11-15-2015, 11:29 PM   #27
Binger

I think I've reached a dead end. I've tried to include all the files that I thought were relevant to the Goliath but I still get that 'error opening file" message. I don't know how to tell what file that is and I don't know how to tell what all the files are that the Goliath needs. There's no nice, neat dependency tree or anything like that that I can find. I don't even know if what I'm trying is correct but just missing something. My guess is that the next step after importing is trying to open a file it can't open. Maybe something to do with saving. I ran CMD as an admin just in case permissions were preventing saving. I'm giving up for now.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:59 AM   #28
Binger

I thought of something to try after my last post.

I did a batchexport on the Minotaur then ran "ucc make" on it and it worked. That tells me that I'm doing the ucc part correctly and that it has permission to write to the folder. No resolution yet but at least that eliminated two possibilities. The next step in the "ucc make" process was exporting so that kind of jives with the save thing.

I might just try to extend the Goliath instead of subclassing... maybe.
Old 11-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #29
Wormbo
Wormlike

"subclassing" == "extending"

That "Error opening file" error is a problem while saving a package file. Make sure you don't have the package to compile open in any other program. To figure that out, you can use Process Explorer's "Find Handle or DLL" feature. Just enter the file name (i.e. GoliathII.u) and it should list you all processes currently referring to that file name.
By the way, the ucc.log file may have more detailed information about what went wrong. (It's the same as for a dedicated server: The engine's own log file is usually better than a console output dump.)
Old 11-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #30
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
"subclassing" == "extending"
Yeah I realized that while lying in bed last night after I wrote it. It was late.

Quote:
That "Error opening file" error is a problem while saving a package file. Make sure you don't have the package to compile open in any other program. To figure that out, you can use Process Explorer's "Find Handle or DLL" feature. Just enter the file name (i.e. GoliathII.u) and it should list you all processes currently referring to that file name.
By the way, the ucc.log file may have more detailed information about what went wrong. (It's the same as for a dedicated server: The engine's own log file is usually better than a console output dump.)
Process Monitor is cool. Thanks for that. Unfortunately it shows zero matches. I also restarted my machine just to be sure and ran ucc make before doing anything else.

The log says that it failed to load 'GoliathII.u'. There is no GoliathII.u, that's what I'm trying to create. When I did this with the Minotaur I deleted the Omnitaur.u file from my system directory and it created a new one ( I haven't tested it though by putting it in a map) so I thought it would do that same for GoliathII. Interesting. Oh well, since you've confirmed it's a saving error I'll keep trying.

Edit: I'm not sure the warning about the GoliathII.u file is where it fails. That's before all the compiling. This is at the end...

Code:
Log: Success: Compiled 1039 line(s), 137 statement(s).

Warning: Error deleting file '\System\Save.tmp' (0x3)
Critical: Error opening file
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Critical: UObject::SavePackage
Critical: UMakeCommandlet::Main
Exit: Exiting.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:20 PM   #31
Wormbo
Wormlike

Ah yes, package saving is always a two-step process. First a temporary file is created (seems like that's what fails), then it is moved to the final folder and name.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #32
Binger

Quote:
Ah yes, package saving is always a two-step process. First a temporary file is created (seems like that's what fails), then it is moved to the final folder and name.
It works fine on the Mino. Weird.

Code:
Log: Success: Compiled 1311 line(s), 150 statement(s).

Log: Save=29.093144
Log: Moving 'Save.tmp' to 'Omnitaur.u'
Log: Mutator exported successfully: Omnitaur.MutOmnitaur
Log: Vehicle exported successfully: Omnitaur.Omnitaur
Log: Vehicle exported successfully: Omnitaur.OmnitaurSecondaryTurretPawn
Log: Vehicle exported successfully: Omnitaur.OmnitaurTurretPawn
Log: Success - 0 error(s), 1 warning(s)
Exit: Preparing to exit.
I'll try some more tonight.
Old 11-29-2015, 01:00 AM   #33
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Binger, did you ever have success with this? A Goliath that could shoot straight would be nice on Gunshop.
Turbo, I'm giving up on this for a while. Have you tried to figure it out?

I think the Goliath from the FlyManta map will work fine for Gunshop. I tried it again and I guess what I thought was the shot being off was just me testing in 3rd person view. I almost never drive a tank with that view. It works pretty much like you would expect it to for a longer range, more accurate Goliath with better zoom. The shots seem just very slightly a tiny bit off to the left but considering how bad the stock Goliath is I don't think anyone will notice.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:35 PM   #34
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Turbo, I'm giving up on this for a while. Have you tried to figure it out?

I think the Goliath from the FlyManta map will work fine for Gunshop. I tried it again and I guess what I thought was the shot being off was just me testing in 3rd person view. I almost never drive a tank with that view. It works pretty much like you would expect it to for a longer range, more accurate Goliath with better zoom. The shots seem just very slightly a tiny bit off to the left but considering how bad the stock Goliath is I don't think anyone will notice.
Do you have a link to it? I probably won't have time to figure it out myself.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:55 PM   #35
Binger

Quote:
Do you have a link to it? I probably won't have time to figure it out myself.
http://www.mapraider.com/maps/unreal...FlyLittleManta
Old 12-05-2015, 05:36 PM   #36
Binger

I've made some progress on this. I got it to create the .u file.

I basically made the same changes as on the LongRange version but I renamed it. I'm still working on the range though, trying to find the right value there. It's done with the lifespan so combine that with the speed and that gives the range (I think). I wish it was in actual distance instead. I'm not sure how to calculate speed*lifespan=uu. I think I also want to up the speed of the shot like in the LongRange version. It seems to take a long time to get there when you are zoomed in further and it travels further.

I've also got the Minigun to pitch straight up so Raptors can't get in a spot where you can't hit them while they chew you up.

For some reason my shots are off just a little to the left like on the LongRange version. I don't get that. The spread is set to zero so it must be something else.
Old 12-05-2015, 10:26 PM   #37
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:

I've also got the Minigun to pitch straight up so Raptors can't get in a spot where you can't hit them while they chew you up.
Ok, can't resist. Since you brought it up! How about removing the minigun turret and adding homing rockets? Like, the Leviathan primary rockets?
Old 12-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #38
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Ok, can't resist. Since you brought it up! How about removing the minigun turret and adding homing rockets? Like, the Leviathan primary rockets?
No, those are way too spammy and don't take skill to use.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:24 AM   #39
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Lol, um, ....no. The idea is to just up the Goliath specs a bit but not turn it into another Minotaur. Adding rockets takes it too far from a Goliath, imo. I'm not trying to create a new vehicle but I can show you how to do what I'm learning to do and you can make a new vehicle.

So not that anyone cares but I built a shooting range map with those exploding barrels to test the range and apparently it is as easy as speed*lifespan=uu since the speed seems to be in Units per second. So now I can set the range to match the fog distance.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:26 PM   #40
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
No, those are way too spammy and don't take skill to use.
And the minigun does?

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner