Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 11-15-2016, 11:58 PM   #21
Binger

It looks like Turbo changed the terrain on 2014-Beta to fix the alignment problem from Rc7 but there are still some issues with it. I will take Anon's edit and clean up the terrain and redo those kill volumes that "depressurize" the badgers.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:00 AM   #22
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
Interesting...but...where's my deemer?
No deemer for you.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:48 AM   #23
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
It looks like Turbo changed the terrain on 2014-Beta to fix the alignment problem from Rc7 but there are still some issues with it. I will take Anon's edit and clean up the terrain and redo those kill volumes that "depressurize" the badgers.
I'm getting myself confused. Will someone please go to instant action on the version of Nightwolf that is currently on the server and tell me if you see this bit of terrain on the wall.

Old 11-16-2016, 07:16 AM   #24
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
I'm getting myself confused. Will someone please go to instant action on the version of Nightwolf that is currently on the server and tell me if you see this bit of terrain on the wall.
Here you go.

Old 11-16-2016, 10:51 AM   #25
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
No deemer for you.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:47 AM   #26
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
But a WGS-Nuke?
Old 11-16-2016, 02:09 PM   #27
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
But a WGS-Nuke?
I'm not sure what that is but it sounds OP.

Quote:
That pic was related to what I said here and the conversation around it, "I miss the old ones where it was nothing but tanks. No flyers. No pesky people up on the buildings. No painters. No Amps or Health Kegs. No Hoverboards. No Hoverbadgers. No Deemers. Just pure tank action with a few badgers thrown in. TMU at its finest. Good times.". I'm sure there will always be plenty of TMU maps on the server that try to destroy the TMU experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Here you go.
Thanks, Lag. I couldn't believe my OCD never noticed that in game and I wasn't sure I had the right version of the current one on the server. I tried to line the terrain up better by just eyeballing it but I couldn't get it quit right so I copied the terrain from Rc7 then pasted that into an old owner version then lined up the Rc7 terrain exactly with the owner version terrain then set it to snap to grid in the editor then copied it then pasted it in Anon's version then set the grid to 32 then moved it negative 32 in x and z and positive 32 in y (or something like that) then deleted the old one. What a PITA but now it's lined up perfectly. Still needs a bit of editing since they kind of screwed it up in Rc7 but no biggy on that.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:12 AM   #28
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
I'm not sure what that is but it sounds OP. [...]
Extremely.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9HeShH8OBg
Old 11-17-2016, 01:24 PM   #29
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

I love this! Thanks for all the hardwork. The way the badger gets hung up, and the firetank sure gets my goat. Love the screenshots WIP.
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 02:06 PM   #30
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumugan View Post
I love this! Thanks for all the hardwork. The way the badger gets hung up, and the firetank sure gets my goat. Love the screenshots WIP.
There's like two different conversations going here. One is about Ngihtwolf and the other is about a completely different version.

Anonymous fixed a teleporter issue and I got the terrain lined up and changed those kill volumes in Nightwolf. I just need to do a test to make sure I didn't screw something up then I will upload it and if nobody wants to do any editing on it I'll submit it for the server as a replacement for the current Nightwolf. I'm not really interested in editing it other than maybe using the UltimateFactory to make the Nexxis Tank always point in a direction relative to what teams builds the node.

As far as the other version in the pics. Maybe someday. I'm almost done clearing up all the little snaggy places.
Old 11-17-2016, 02:57 PM   #31
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
There's like two different conversations going here. One is about Ngihtwolf and the other is about a completely different version.

Anonymous fixed a teleporter issue and I got the terrain lined up and changed those kill volumes in Nightwolf. I just need to do a test to make sure I didn't screw something up then I will upload it and if nobody wants to do any editing on it I'll submit it for the server as a replacement for the current Nightwolf. I'm not really interested in editing it other than maybe using the UltimateFactory to make the Nexxis Tank always point in a direction relative to what teams builds the node.

As far as the other version in the pics. Maybe someday. I'm almost done clearing up all the little snaggy places.
Sounds like a great idea about the Nexxis pointing correctly. I always have to confirm which way I am going for first. Again, the work is appreciated, I did NOT understand the killbox/depressurization one iota. Looking forward to all the hard work. Thanks bunches Binger!
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 11-17-2016, 03:20 PM   #32
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
I'm not really interested in editing it other than maybe using the UltimateFactory to make the Nexxis Tank always point in a direction relative to what teams builds the node.
Yes, good fix. Thanks for doing this! Make it point towards the enemy base please. LOL
Old 11-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #33
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumugan View Post
Sounds like a great idea about the Nexxis pointing correctly. I always have to confirm which way I am going for first. Again, the work is appreciated, I did NOT understand the killbox/depressurization one iota. Looking forward to all the hard work. Thanks bunches Binger!
Yeah, since the radar map doesn't show when flying the missile I have to check the map first before firing.

There is a volume under part of the map that will kill a player and destroy a vehicle if they touch it. I think it was put there in case someone fell through the map because there is a thing they would land on if they did and then be able to shoot up through the terrain. Problem is it was sticking up above the terrain in one spot so you would sneak all the way across the map in a Badger looking for the Nexxis tank and then when you were almost there you would suddenly blow up with a message that you had been "depressurized". It's where the canal comes up to level ground next to that shield thing for the left primary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
Yes, good fix. Thanks for doing this! Make it point towards the enemy base please. LOL
Just to clarify I think it should not only change the direction it faces but it should also change the side of the node it spawns on. If it points towards the enemy core then it's easier to launch a missile at the enemy node that links the middle but if it is on the enemy side of the node then it's harder to back up and get to your side of the map while flying the missile because if you back up you will run into the other vehicle that spawns there.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:01 PM   #34
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

I have one complaint that I forgot to fix: you can't go far under the bridges at the ends of the canal. Can you move the blocking volumes to allow you to hide under there?
Old 11-18-2016, 08:08 AM   #35
Terminator
Getting there...

Get rid of that damn Nexxus tank.
Old 11-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #36
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Get rid of that damn Nexxus tank.
I really don't care for it but it's always been a part of Nightwolf and I think it should stay. There are a lot worse vehicles on the server. The clusterfuck arbalest on D-Junk is just as effective but has no wait time between shots. Imagine the Nexxus tank with no wait time between shooting the missiles. That's the arbalest on D-Junk. Only significant difference is the area of effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
I have one complaint that I forgot to fix: you can't go far under the bridges at the ends of the canal. Can you move the blocking volumes to allow you to hide under there?
That will take some editing. No biggy but there are some holes where the terrain and stuff don't line up well. Do you think you should be able to get all the way under there?
Old 11-18-2016, 08:50 PM   #37
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
That will take some editing. No biggy but there are some holes where the terrain and stuff don't line up well. Do you think you should be able to get all the way under there?
Yes, in the other MTMUs you can.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:16 PM   #38
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
Yes, in the other MTMUs you can.
Okay, I made that change. I also set up the Nexus tank to spawn towards the enemy base on the enemy side of the node. That makes it easier to shoot that primary but harder to get away from the enemy. A good compromise I think. The spawn time on it was 100 seconds and the Crusader (Paladin) was 15. I used one factory for both of them and they are set at 90 seconds. I can change that if people think it needs it. I also replaced all the Goliaths with the Goliath II. I removed one of the columns in the base and moved the vehicles around a little. I added an extra teleporter to the third floor so people could get to the Badgers easier.

I'm getting this error when embedding the UltimateTools...

Cmd: obj load file=UltimateMappingTools.u package=myLevel
Log: New File, Existing Package (Package myLevel, Package UltimateMappingTools)
Warning: Missing Cubemap Cubemap AW-Cubes.Cubes.PS_Cube
Warning: Missing TexEnvMap TexEnvMap AW-Cubes.Cubes.SunC

Not sure if it matters.

I have been having an issue where the node links will disappear even though the setup actor is there and looks fine. This was happening to me before I recently re-installed the game and tonight it happened again on the version of Nightwolf that I'm editing. I haven't tried to fix it yet but before it was a real bugger. I would delete the link setup then add a new one and it still wouldn't work. I might have to ask someone else to re-do the node setup.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:41 AM   #39
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
[...]
Warning: Missing Cubemap Cubemap AW-Cubes.Cubes.PS_Cube
Warning: Missing TexEnvMap TexEnvMap AW-Cubes.Cubes.SunC
[...]
Just ignore them.
You can also search for them and try to fix it.. but it's not worth the work. They will not chause any problem on the map or server.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:11 AM   #40
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
I really don't care for it but it's always been a part of Nightwolf and I think it should stay. There are a lot worse vehicles on the server. The clusterfuck arbalest on D-Junk is just as effective but has no wait time between shots. Imagine the Nexxus tank with no wait time between shooting the missiles. That's the arbalest on D-Junk. Only significant difference is the area of effect.
I agree with the Arbalest on Djunk; many believe the Turtle is the problem on Djunk.... No, that version of the Arbalest is. So I don't play Djunk anymore and if I do actually play it, its only one round.

The nexxus needs to go. Every time a shot is fired, it lags the server... ''Nexxus lag" But this will probably not be resolved similar to other issues that we are still facing. A bio tank will roll the screen of players in the Levi because of the extra bio damage mod (even a player with DD bio on TaL can roll the screen) and result is the player having to suicide several times in order to fix it. The Hurricane is glitched, you have to aim low in order to inflict damage. If you aim high, any projectile shot will travel straight through it.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught