Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 08-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Default Maps with problems

Just was playing junkyard and I couldn't leave the core because my tank wouldn't go over the edge to the area below where our core sits. How much fun that is. I think any map with, my tank, my fucking tank mind you, won't go over a fucking curb, should be removed from the rotation until the tanks can actually go over the curbs, or leave the core, or go over the edge of a penny, or be able do make it over soft blades of grass..

Its so ridiculous. List the maps with this issue here please.

I know it's an issue on some mtmu maps as well.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:46 AM   #2
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Can You be more specific please?
Old 08-23-2014, 02:14 AM   #3
Binger

I think the base spawn area on Junkyard used to be on the same level as the core but Gorz raised it up to prevent spawn killing of vehicles. It could be smoothed out for sure. Sometimes vehicles will flip over and land upside and you can't get them to flip back again.

Fixing this stuff everywhere it happens would take a lot of time.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:56 AM   #4
iggy
Just Registered

Ive never had issues with any of the tanks on this map but for one time with the HEAVY plasma tank, one time i pulled out to the right and hit a part of the clif that just made me blow up, i was like WTF?
Old 08-23-2014, 09:49 AM   #5
Terminator
Getting there...

The Plasma tank has that problem... Not sure why. You can drive it out of the core and it flips over.

I think what Racer is referring too is the hill between the center nodes. It can be challenging to get a tank to climb the hills. When the Tiamat was on the test version, it had no problem climbing either side but the tanks have problems. Probably because they don't have wheels and have low ground clearance.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Ive never had issues with any of the tanks on this map but for one time with the HEAVY plasma tank, one time i pulled out to the right and hit a part of the clif that just made me blow up, i was like WTF?
The KillZ or whatever it's called that kills you if you fall through the map is too high, there are places where it is higher than the terrain. If you hit those spots you die.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:35 PM   #7
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Can You be more specific please?
In what way more specific?
The tanks in the game have trouble going over curbs and other low obstacles that they should have no trouble going over because they are tanks and being a tank kinda has a stigma attached to it that means it's big and heavy and strong and powerful and can roll over stuff that a normal non tank vehicle would have trouble with. Whether the tanks are too low or the obby stackles are too high, I don't know, but it's been like this for a long time and I hate it.
Old 08-24-2014, 02:52 PM   #8
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
In what way more specific?
The tanks in the game have trouble going over curbs and other low obstacles that they should have no trouble going over because they are tanks and being a tank kinda has a stigma attached to it that means it's big and heavy and strong and powerful and can roll over stuff that a normal non tank vehicle would have trouble with. Whether the tanks are too low or the obby stackles are too high, I don't know, but it's been like this for a long time and I hate it.

The tanks that have an ion tank base such as the link tank have trouble going over any inclines or obstacles. I'll take care of this issue next time there is a D-Junkyard edit. The hill lip will be smoothed out, and I can even swap the Link tank with the Centaur at the primary.

I evened out the center mountain range in my last edit of this map. Are people still having problems with it? It's not really meant to be a place you can take a mino to the top of and start spamming nodes with.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:01 PM   #9
McGimpkins

I think (correct me if I am wrong) the main fault with the tanks hanging up on things is from the stock physics programing with them back when UT2004 was first written. Hence they do not always perform like a tank in real life. I do not know if Wormbo or anyone else has the time, knowledge, or ability to fix that. The way to cope with it has been to smooth out the problem areas in the maps.

I know that the plasma tank has a tendency to get hung up around the corner that it spawns, in addition sometimes it will flip or hit the invisible barrier in the ground, that makes it explode when driving it off the edge, otherwise I do not recall any other places that stand out to me.

As far as the MTMU maps I had thought a lot of those curbing issues have been ironed out, at least I haven't noticed them being as prevalent as they used to be.
Old 08-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #10
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
I think (correct me if I am wrong) the main fault with the tanks hanging up on things is from the stock physics programing with them back when UT2004 was first written. Hence they do not always perform like a tank in real life. I do not know if Wormbo or anyone else has the time, knowledge, or ability to fix that. The way to cope with it has been to smooth out the problem areas in the maps.

I know that the plasma tank has a tendency to get hung up around the corner that it spawns, in addition sometimes it will flip or hit the invisible barrier in the ground, that makes it explode when driving it off the edge, otherwise I do not recall any other places that stand out to me.

As far as the MTMU maps I had thought a lot of those curbing issues have been ironed out, at least I haven't noticed them being as prevalent as they used to be.

All the MTMU curbing issues have been fixed, except for if you drive the firetank or biotank off at an angle. Then it will get hung up and everyone will laugh at you.

You're right about the stock physics. The tanks act like they're "hovercraft" which means it''s basically a flat box gliding along the ground. The treads are just for looks. The Paladin-based tanks are a bit better - they have wheels that let them climb up or over things.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:23 PM   #11
Binger

Quote:
The tanks that have an ion tank base such as the link tank have trouble going over any inclines or obstacles. I'll take care of this issue next time there is a D-Junkyard edit. The hill lip will be smoothed out, and I can even swap the Link tank with the Centaur at the primary.

I evened out the center mountain range in my last edit of this map. Are people still having problems with it? It's not really meant to be a place you can take a mino to the top of and start spamming nodes with.
Could you lower the Killz also? Not sure if you did that on the last edit.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #12
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Could you lower the Killz also? Not sure if you did that on the last edit.
I've never changed the killz. I'll add it to the list of things to be changed.
Old 08-24-2014, 06:47 PM   #13
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:

I am talking about the mtmu cause it still happens. I will take photos next time it happens. I was not talking about putting the mino on the hill in the middle, I never mentioned that.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:37 PM   #14
iggy
Just Registered

Default what about a link tank head with centaur base?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
I am talking about the mtmu cause it still happens. I will take photos next time it happens. I was not talking about putting the mino on the hill in the middle, I never mentioned that.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:43 PM   #15
iggy
Just Registered

Default but a tant really shouldnt climb over other vehicles....

unless its a lower or smaller one, but cant think of any, the paladin based vehicles should be able to climb steep hills and other tanks, and the spider should be able to do as palidins do, it pains me they cant even "crawl" over other tanks hills, or....i think they should be able to climb up walls and hang off roofs!
Quote:
All the MTMU curbing issues have been fixed, except for if you drive the firetank or biotank off at an angle. Then it will get hung up and everyone will laugh at you.

You're right about the stock physics. The tanks act like they're "hovercraft" which means it''s basically a flat box gliding along the ground. The treads are just for looks. The Paladin-based tanks are a bit better - they have wheels that let them climb up or over things.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:39 PM   #16
VadersFisting
Getting there...

Hmmm yeah I could just perch one of them spiders on a building in MTMU as a dedicated AA cannon
Old 08-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #17
Zenith1

If this is a general "maps with problems" thread, I still fall through the map after exiting the badger on Magic Isle.
Send a message via ICQ to Zenith1 Send a message via AIM to Zenith1 Send a message via MSN to Zenith1 Zenith1 is offline  
Old 08-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #18
iggy
Just Registered

Default see, that aint a bad idea....

and even if you did, the whole time, youd still be vuln to dragons, variant raptors, mino fire (if your too low) and andti air tanks, see, at least theres a defense against it.
But it would be cool if the spider had the ability to just crawl over any other vehicles when stuck on the back row of the home base, maybe thats something someone could do for UT4? I kinda doubt a vehicle could be made to crawl over others or even up walls with the UE3.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VadersFisting View Post
Hmmm yeah I could just perch one of them spiders on a building in MTMU as a dedicated AA cannon
Old 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM   #19
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
and even if you did, the whole time, youd still be vuln to dragons, variant raptors, mino fire (if your too low) and andti air tanks, see, at least theres a defense against it.
But it would be cool if the spider had the ability to just crawl over any other vehicles when stuck on the back row of the home base, maybe thats something someone could do for UT4? I kinda doubt a vehicle could be made to crawl over others or even up walls with the UE3.
There's a mod that let's you run up the side of walls. It's called Matrix Moves.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:48 AM   #20
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith1 View Post
If this is a general "maps with problems" thread, I still fall through the map after exiting the badger on Magic Isle.
I think that is a badger bug and not a map bug.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance