Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 08-23-2014, 05:03 AM   #21
iggy
Just Registered

i have found that one of the versions of the link tanks, with the lasers are pretty powerful, ive taken down flyers, the dragon included, a few times with it. faster fire rate than the goo tank lasers, but i think slightly more powerful?
Old 08-26-2014, 01:26 AM   #22
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
There are three versions of the Link Tank on the server right now.

The old version is the one on Tyrant. It's just a link turret attached to a Ion-Plasma Tank base.

The new Link Tank 2.0 was made by Kamek a few years ago as part of his Onslaught Toys project. His first version had two gunner turrets: a link-bolt turret and a laser turret. He later edited the tank which resulted in the plasma turret being removed, the laser turret being slightly nerfed(in range and I think DPS as well), and a speed increase.
The confusing part is that both of Kamek's tanks are named "Link Tank 2.0".

Kamek's first Link Tank 2.0 is on his MTMU maps. The second version of the Link Tank 2.0 is only on DesertJunkyard and Dria-TMU.

For a map with lots of long-range combat and minimal fog such as Dria-TMU, you'd want the speed of the second Link Tank 2.0, but the laser range of the first.
How do you look at those properties for vehicles? I've never been able to figure that out. Could I put the one with better range in the map then change it's speed?
Old 08-26-2014, 10:01 PM   #23
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
How do you look at those properties for vehicles? I've never been able to figure that out. Could I put the one with better range in the map then change it's speed?
I was just going off of what Kamek said in his Onslaught toys thread, I don't have actual numbers to compare. Yes, it's possible to make a vehicle faster. You have to mess around with its pawn's properties in Unread Ed.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:42 PM   #24
Binger

Quote:
I was just going off of what Kamek said in his Onslaught toys thread, I don't have actual numbers to compare. Yes, it's possible to make a vehicle faster. You have to mess around with its pawn's properties in Unread Ed.
I never looked at that before now. Cool. I'll check it out some more. Lots of stuff in there.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:44 AM   #25
Binger

The LT from MTMU-Kamek is the same as the one on Dria-TMU. I replaced it on Dria with the one from Desert that doesn't have the plasma turret and the laser range seems exactly the same. I went to the top of the big hill in the same place with both tanks and shot at the lake, increasing the range until it stopped leaving a mark on the ground. It appeared to happen in the exact same spot, which is way too close for this map.

I looked at everything I could think of in the Pawn area of the actor browser and I can't find anything about the range of the laser. The closest I could find was a Sight Radius in the AI for the turret but that doesn't sound right and it won't let me change it anyway. I even looked at the script for the tank and the turret and I didn't see anything like that at all. Also, I tried changing some of the values in the properties for things that I thought would effect the vehicle movement and I wouldn't let me change any of those either.

I just don't know enough about this stuff. We need Kamek. Unless someone has a solution to increasing the laser range I'm gonna go with the one that's already on there. I don't know what else to do. I guess I could check out the one on Tyrant.
Old 09-01-2014, 04:13 AM   #26
iggy
Just Registered

Q: wouldn't sight radius mean how far the bots are able to see? just a thought, could be wrong.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:15 PM   #27
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy View Post
Q: wouldn't sight radius mean how far the bots are able to see? just a thought, could be wrong.
That would be my guess, too. Especially since it's in the AI section. I'm just saying that that's the only thing I could find that even had some sort of value like that.
Old 09-02-2014, 12:48 AM   #28
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
The LT from MTMU-Kamek is the same as the one on Dria-TMU. I replaced it on Dria with the one from Desert that doesn't have the plasma turret and the laser range seems exactly the same. I went to the top of the big hill in the same place with both tanks and shot at the lake, increasing the range until it stopped leaving a mark on the ground. It appeared to happen in the exact same spot, which is way too close for this map.

I looked at everything I could think of in the Pawn area of the actor browser and I can't find anything about the range of the laser. The closest I could find was a Sight Radius in the AI for the turret but that doesn't sound right and it won't let me change it anyway. I even looked at the script for the tank and the turret and I didn't see anything like that at all. Also, I tried changing some of the values in the properties for things that I thought would effect the vehicle movement and I wouldn't let me change any of those either.

I just don't know enough about this stuff. We need Kamek. Unless someone has a solution to increasing the laser range I'm gonna go with the one that's already on there. I don't know what else to do. I guess I could check out the one on Tyrant.

The only solution I can think of is to replace the laser turret with the one on the Bio Tank.
Old 09-02-2014, 01:20 AM   #29
Binger

Any idea how to do that?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #30
Terminator
Getting there...

Could the laser be mounted on top of the link tank? The link cannon gets in the way of the gunner's view.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:18 PM   #31
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Could the laser be mounted on top of the link tank? The link cannon gets in the way of the gunner's view.
It can but I don't know how. Also the link turret is shaped different than others. Iirc, there is no flat area in the middle to place the turret, which is probably why it's where it is. It would be much better, though. As it is now you have to have the vehicle pointing towards where you're shooting the laser and then if the Hammerhead or something goes around your tank you have to switch guns, turn the tank, then switch back, and by then there back on the side they started on. Very frustrating.

I saw some x,y,z values for turret placement. I might be able to figure that out (if it lets me change those values). I also saw the pitch limit value. Problem is I imagine it will take script editing to move/replace the gun and most of that I don't understand and, honestly, don't want to try to learn.

I think the only people that know how to do this kind of thing AND that have been around here any time in the last few years are Kamek and Wormbo. Kamek doesn't seem to come around any more and Wormbo is busy with the new UT.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #32
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Any idea how to do that?
Yes. Open the vehicle's default properties in UnrealEd by finding it in Actors -> Pawn -> vehicle -> svehicle -> ONSvehicle -> ONSTreadCraft -> ONSHoverTank -> ONSLinkTank and right-clicking on it. Then go SVehicle -> PassengerWeapons -> +1 -> WeaponPawnClass and use the drop-down selection to replace the "OnslaughtToys1..." with the "Biotank Secondary Turret Pawn".

That should work. No guarantees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Not on the Ion-Tank chassis. Also, the Link Tank is meant to be used to support a vehicle or a node, not become an offense weapon on its own.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:00 PM   #33
Binger

Quote:
Yes. Open the vehicle's default properties in UnrealEd by finding it in Actors -> Pawn -> vehicle -> svehicle -> ONSvehicle -> ONSTreadCraft -> ONSHoverTank -> ONSLinkTank and right-clicking on it. Then go SVehicle -> PassengerWeapons -> +1 -> WeaponPawnClass and use the drop-down selection to replace the "OnslaughtToys1..." with the "Biotank Secondary Turret Pawn".

That should work. No guarantees.
Cool, Thanks. I didn't see that "PassengerWeapons" part before. I guess I shouldn't do this stuff at 3:00am.
Old 09-03-2014, 05:01 PM   #34
Binger

I looked around some more and still can't find anything about the turret range. It's got to be somewhere but I'm done looking so I'm going with Turbo's suggestion. The Biotank turret works offline and in testing it seems to have a longer range. I could hit the ground on the other side of the lake from the same spot on top of the big hill where I tested the others. I would guess it's almost twice as far as the others.

Fix for V4 has been sent to TWC. I'll update the old Dria thread soon.

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14233

Edit: If you are not zoomed in to 1st person in the turret your view will sometimes be inside of the tank mesh and it kinds of blocks your view, so go to FP. The muzzle is a little much but it's not as bad as the Firetank laser turret.

Forgot to mention that it still says "Biotank Turret" when you get in and I'm guessing that the stats will show it that way, but... who cares?
Old 09-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #35
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

Sorry I'm a bit late to the party

Sounds like you got the link tank issues taken care of, but if needed I can go back and make revisions to the Onslaught Toys package when I have time. I lost the source code so I'll have to export them from UnrealEd. Just hit me up with a wishlist and I'll make the changes when I have time.

Also if there's anything else in that package that needs to be adjusted, I can do that too. Since it's in its own self-contained package and not "baked in" to the maps, updating the package should retroactively fix any maps with it. That includes the following actors: Firefly, Go-Kart, Link Tank, Vehicle Healer, ONS Ion Plasma Tank (with team colors), ONS Turrets (auto/ion/link/cannon), Grapple Gun.
Old 09-04-2014, 09:09 PM   #36
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamek View Post
Sorry I'm a bit late to the party

Sounds like you got the link tank issues taken care of, but if needed I can go back and make revisions to the Onslaught Toys package when I have time. I lost the source code so I'll have to export them from UnrealEd. Just hit me up with a wishlist and I'll make the changes when I have time.

Also if there's anything else in that package that needs to be adjusted, I can do that too. Since it's in its own self-contained package and not "baked in" to the maps, updating the package should retroactively fix any maps with it. That includes the following actors: Firefly, Go-Kart, Link Tank, Vehicle Healer, ONS Ion Plasma Tank (with team colors), ONS Turrets (auto/ion/link/cannon), Grapple Gun.
The only issue I can think of is the Link Turret's range. Otherwise, the rest of it works pretty well. The team-colored Ion Plasma Tank is now the standard version for that vehicle.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #37
Binger

Kamek. I'm very happy you decided to check in here. I hope you don't mind me messing around with the Link tank.

So I guess you don't see any problems with just putting a Biotank turret on there for now? Looks like it made it on the server.
Old 09-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #38
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

Yeah, that should work just fine. Got a PM from Anony looking for an OnslaughtToys1 download, so I decided to check in and see what was going on. I lost the original source but I was able to export it from UnrealEd. I'm perfectly okay with anyone messing with my stuff so long as it's for a good cause

I'll have to refamiliarize myself with the Omni map loadout, but if there's any other stuff I have on the server that needs to be fixed I can certainly do that now.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance