Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 08-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #1
McGimpkins

Default Link Tank 2.0 on Dria TMU

Is there anyway we can extend the range of the link tank's #3 laser? You cannot hit flyers, other tanks, etc unless they are right on top of you. It should shoot as far as the fog distance, maybe even a little further.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:36 PM   #2
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Seconded. Only 500 health so it dies easily, should be able to defend itself a little.
Old 08-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
Turbo K
Community Veteran

I can replace it with the Bio-Tank laser. Similar damage/sec, but with a practical range. Plus the laser fires less frequently, which would help things run smoother.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:53 PM   #4
McGimpkins

Thanks Turbo,
That works for me. It would be great, if you ever have time if you could replace it on all the maps (MTMU, Grit, Grit Nights, Desert Junkyard) the link tank is in, however it was really bothering me in Dria TMU.
Old 08-10-2014, 12:53 AM   #5
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Thanks Turbo,
That works for me. It would be great, if you ever have time if you could replace it on all the maps (MTMU, Grit, Grit Nights, Desert Junkyard) the link tank is in, however it was really bothering me in Dria TMU.

We can just add it to the fix-it list if any of those maps are ever edited again.

Like you said, Dria-TMU is the only map where the laser's lack of range is very noticeable. I'm not exactly sure where Binger is at with his work on the map however, so it may be awhile before anything can be done.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:09 PM   #6
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
We can just add it to the fix-it list if any of those maps are ever edited again.

Like you said, Dria-TMU is the only map where the laser's lack of range is very noticeable. I'm not exactly sure where Binger is at with his work on the map however, so it may be awhile before anything can be done.
I started over yesterday with just a fix for the Dragon, Hammerhead, and places where the tanks get stuck. I forget which save was for that fix so I just started over. It's done. I was gonna upload it yesterday when I heard Termy say that the new version would have a Leviathan.

I think I will send this fix to TWC today and we can go from there. I could easily just throw a Levi on but I haven't tested out that vehicle on here at all. Honestly I just want to get this fix in finally and move on.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Is there anyway we can extend the range of the link tank's #3 laser? You cannot hit flyers, other tanks, etc unless they are right on top of you. It should shoot as far as the fog distance, maybe even a little further.
I use the laser on the Link Tank on MTMU a lot. I've noticed that it can't make it to the fog on that map but it gets close and I never thought it's range was too short. The one on Dria must be different.

I think it gets a little difficult when you try to match vehicle range and fog distance. Ideally to me all weapons would end at exactly the fog distance or just a little further, but that would very difficult to do across multiple maps.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:01 PM   #8
Binger

Quote:
I can replace it with the Bio-Tank laser. Similar damage/sec, but with a practical range. Plus the laser fires less frequently, which would help things run smoother.
How close is similar? I like the current lasers on the Link tank. I would be sad if they were weaker. I'm already sad that my favorite vehicle has been practically neutered. Badger MKII minigun is like a damn assault rifle.

So is there already a 2.0 Link tank that I can put on here? Like I said, the one on one of the MTMU maps seems to have good distance on it's lasers. It would be nice though if the turret was on top of the tank so that it could shoot 360 degrees.

The fog on Dria TMU is currently set to 18,000.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #9
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
How close is similar? I like the current lasers on the Link tank. I would be sad if they were weaker. I'm already sad that my favorite vehicle has been practically neutered. Badger MKII minigun is like a damn assault rifle.

So is there already a 2.0 Link tank that I can put on here? Like I said, the one on one of the MTMU maps seems to have good distance on it's lasers. It would be nice though if the turret was on top of the tank so that it could shoot 360 degrees.

The fog on Dria TMU is currently set to 18,000.

The BioTank lasers are more powerful than the Link Tank's lasers. They fire less rapidly however, which makes it harder to hit infantry and Mantas. That shouldn't be a problem on Dria-TMU where everything moves at a painfully slow pace.

The lasers on the Link Tank 2.0 actually have less range than the lasers on Kamek's first version. (The one with the plasma turret)
Old 08-16-2014, 02:32 PM   #10
Binger

Quote:
The BioTank lasers are more powerful than the Link Tank's lasers. They fire less rapidly however, which makes it harder to hit infantry and Mantas. That shouldn't be a problem on Dria-TMU where everything moves at a painfully slow pace.

The lasers on the Link Tank 2.0 actually have less range than the lasers on Kamek's first version. (The one with the plasma turret)
Okay, I was confused. I was thinking there was only one version of this and that 2.0 was a non-existent future version. I'll check em out to see the difference. Can we just put the older one on Dria? What's wrong with it?
Old 08-17-2014, 10:24 PM   #11
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Okay, I was confused. I was thinking there was only one version of this and that 2.0 was a non-existent future version. I'll check em out to see the difference. Can we just put the older one on Dria? What's wrong with it?

There are three versions of the Link Tank on the server right now.

The old version is the one on Tyrant. It's just a link turret attached to a Ion-Plasma Tank base.

The new Link Tank 2.0 was made by Kamek a few years ago as part of his Onslaught Toys project. His first version had two gunner turrets: a link-bolt turret and a laser turret. He later edited the tank which resulted in the plasma turret being removed, the laser turret being slightly nerfed(in range and I think DPS as well), and a speed increase.
The confusing part is that both of Kamek's tanks are named "Link Tank 2.0".

Kamek's first Link Tank 2.0 is on his MTMU maps. The second version of the Link Tank 2.0 is only on DesertJunkyard and Dria-TMU.

For a map with lots of long-range combat and minimal fog such as Dria-TMU, you'd want the speed of the second Link Tank 2.0, but the laser range of the first.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:59 PM   #12
GlueEater
Getting there...

Deleted.

Last edited by GlueEater; 08-21-2014 at 09:48 PM..
Old 08-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #13
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlueEater View Post
Not to rain on anyone's parade but the link tank is at the bottom of the list of problems on this map. Having the two contested nodes in the middle with hills on both sides is a terrible idea. I'm one of the morons that actually goes to these nodes and after one round tonight I died over 30 times from tanks perched up on the hill. At one time the railgun tank, the ion, the mino and link tank and that stupid electric tank were all on the same hill at the same time. Should change the name of the map to Camper-TMU. First step to improving this map is eliminate the ability to shoot down into the nodes and the area around it... not tweaking the link tank.

I have an idea: How about a chain-link fence that runs along the edge of the ridge line. You'd be able to see through it, but not shoot through it. We could even hang up "This fence sponsored by Omnip)o(tentS" signs on it.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #14
-Goose-
Getting there...

That's a good idea. Something else to consider is putting a damage volume on the high areas (have it do like 10 - 20 dmg / second). Chalk it up to a "sandstorm". That way you can still drive through there and even take a few shots, but long term camping would be discouraged.

The hammerheads wouldn't make much sense in that context, but nothing else does anyway...
Old 08-18-2014, 02:05 PM   #15
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
I have an idea: How about a chain-link fence that runs along the edge of the ridge line. You'd be able to see through it, but not shoot through it. We could even hang up "This fence sponsored by Omnip)o(tentS" signs on it.
Do it.

If there is signage that contains "Carpe Diem" is some witty way celebrating my awesomeness, that just might get me back in there. Maybe.

Old 08-18-2014, 02:19 PM   #16
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
Do it.

If there is signage that contains "Carpe Diem" is some witty way celebrating my awesomeness, that just might get me back in there. Maybe.

I doubt the veracity of your statement.
It's either a trick or a trap!
Old 08-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #17
Binger

You guys is crazy.

Glue, I don't know what to do about that. I usually spawn and the left side primary, jump in the Badger, and head to the lakebed node. Sometimes I die over and over but once in a while I get the node built and it's worth it. A lot of people will rush to a node and jump out and start building. Unless it's overtime I'm try to go by the plan of... clear the area, set up a defense, then build the node. There's no point in starting a node if you don't have time to finish it. The tanks that camp those lakebed nodes are pretty slow. Circle the node before you go in and help clear the area, then build the node. Sounds simple I know but you can't build a node with someone pounding the area unless you have several players there linking, so you've got to clear the area and time it right.

The things I can think of to prevent the pounding of the lakebed nodes is to...

-Change the link set-up.
-Lower the terrain like I was trying that one time.
-Put some walls or something around the lakebed nodes. I kind of like this idea. There could be a little island in the lake that had some of those walls on it surrounding the node.
Old 08-18-2014, 06:52 PM   #18
VadersFisting
Getting there...

Can we put a heal spot near each node as well? GTKY are you here buddy? oh nvm ok so stop being effing pussy's and go up there and kill the campers. There's plenty of vehicles to choose from to do that. Flyers, tanks, fast ground vehicles like scorps and badgers. Maybe even have someone focus on pestering the campers when they're up there. I've gone after tanks up there on several occasions. I usually prefer to zip up there in a scorp or badger and start whiddling away their health. I may die a couple times but I get the job done. Drive along the edge of the lake then sneak up the hill next to the bridges. Go behind the mountain they're on then hit em from behind! Someone in the deemer tank? Fly the nuke along the same path to the mountain they're on then fly in behind them or go right up the front of it, reach the top of the hill and *BOOM* right in their face!

*just my two cents*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovsVU6mktOw
Old 08-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #19
GlueEater
Getting there...

Deleted.

Last edited by GlueEater; 08-21-2014 at 09:48 PM..
Old 08-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #20
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
I doubt the veracity of your statement.
It's either a trick or a trap!
well done

I think there is a version of MasterBath floating around that has some "Carpe" literature strewn about. Maybe it's
that home basement map, I can't remember...

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance