Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #21
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,515
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Ah, found the knob to turn on the Megabadger to adjust its speed up/slow down rate. Here's a first beta version of those three updated vehicles:
Badgers V2 beta 1

Like the Dragon update, this one contains a mutator to upgrade existing Badgers, Hoverbadgers and Megabadgers for testing purposes. Summon codes are BadgersV2beta1.Badger, BadgersV2beta1.Hoverbadger, and BadgersV2beta1.Badgertaur.

Listing changes is a bit difficult. I've raised the pivot of the badger model a bit so it's inside the chassis now. That fixes quite a few problems already, for example clipped shadows, entry problems for the Megabadger (it no longer needs a separate use trigger), and weird rotation behavior.
Also I rebuilt the Hoverbadger using parts of its original code and parts of my Hovertank code. It is a bit heavier now and isn't pushed around by damage as much anymore. (That was far too much, compared to other Badgers.) One of its new features is floating - like the Hovertanks, the Hoverbadger will float on water if unoccupied and only slowly takes water damage.
The Megabadger received as big treatment as well. For example its handling works much more like that of the Minotaur. It takes more time to get up to speed or slow down. I've exchanged the two seats so the gunner controls the cannon, just like in other Badgers. It fires only one projectile (Minotaur:3, old Megabadger: 2), but with adjusted damage amount and radius. Instead of the Minotaur-style laser turret, the driver controls a Minigun with explosive munition.

I've tested them out - So far the regular Badger seems to be fixed. I was no longer getting ejected out of the vehicle while traveling up or down a slope.
I like the new Megabadger. The explosive minigun turret is a lot easier on the eyes than the rapid-fire pink lasers. Is the large blind area above the Megabadger intentional? A Falcon or Raptor pilot could easily hover above it and shoot without fear of being harmed.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:45 PM   #22
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote


That's actually the same blind spot as for the old/new Badger. (PitchUpLimit=8000) I'll increase the limit to something like 14000.
BTW: I didn't actually apply the revised PlaceExitingDriver() function I originally intended to add. Raising the pivot and reducing the CollisionRadius already did the trick.
Oh, and you can now enter a fully occupied Badger by kicking out the bot driver.
Wormbo is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:48 PM   #23
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,515
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
That's actually the same blind spot as for the old/new Badger. (PitchUpLimit=8000) I'll increase the limit to something like 14000.
BTW: I didn't actually apply the revised PlaceExitingDriver() function I originally intended to add. Raising the pivot and reducing the CollisionRadius already did the trick.
Oh, and you can now enter a fully occupied Badger by kicking out the bot driver.
That sounds good.

I'll put the new Badgers in Grit when you think they're ready.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 01-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #24
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,585
Default
Reply With Quote


I love you guys.
__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #25
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote


Beta 2 is available.
Changes since beta 1:
  • Basic ONSPlus support, i.e. radar dot colors other than black. Due to the way ONSPlus looks these up, they will no longer work once the Badgers are myLeveled. But who knows, maybe I'll add an entire ONSPlus vehicle plug-in at some point. That would also be a neat way to simultaneously upgrade all old Badgers, Hoverbadgers and Megabadgers in existing maps.
  • Improved the destruction/disintegration effects - they only spawn wheels exactly once, not on every impact.
  • Tweaked the Daredevil thresholds to make that something special again.
  • Various physics tweaks.
Wormbo is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:05 PM   #26
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,515
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Beta 2 is available.
Changes since beta 1:
  • Basic ONSPlus support, i.e. radar dot colors other than black. Due to the way ONSPlus looks these up, they will no longer work once the Badgers are myLeveled. But who knows, maybe I'll add an entire ONSPlus vehicle plug-in at some point. That would also be a neat way to simultaneously upgrade all old Badgers, Hoverbadgers and Megabadgers in existing maps.
  • Improved the destruction/disintegration effects - they only spawn wheels exactly once, not on every impact.
  • Tweaked the Daredevil thresholds to make that something special again.
  • Various physics tweaks.
Will these still show up as black dots on the radar when myleveled?
Turbo K is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #27
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote


Yes. ONSPlus expects a class with the name PackageName.PackageNamePrefixVehicleRadarData, where PackageName is identical to the vehicle class package and PackageNamePrefix is the same, except it will be cut off at the first underscore character. The class must be a non-actor class and will be instanciated by ONSPlus to access the radar color properties in the format VehicleClassNameRadarColour.
The Badgers_V2 package contains the class BadgersVehicleRadarData for that purpose. It won't survive myLeveling because it's not referenced anywhere. Even if it was, its name would no longer match the one ONSPlus expects.
Wormbo is offline  
Old 01-25-2014, 05:25 PM   #28
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,515
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Yes. ONSPlus expects a class with the name PackageName.PackageNamePrefixVehicleRadarData, where PackageName is identical to the vehicle class package and PackageNamePrefix is the same, except it will be cut off at the first underscore character. The class must be a non-actor class and will be instanciated by ONSPlus to access the radar color properties in the format VehicleClassNameRadarColour.
The Badgers_V2 package contains the class BadgersVehicleRadarData for that purpose. It won't survive myLeveling because it's not referenced anywhere. Even if it was, its name would no longer match the one ONSPlus expects.
So should this version be myleveled? Or would it be better to wait for a final version and not mylevel it since it will be used on a majority of the Omni maps?
Turbo K is offline  
Old 01-26-2014, 04:30 AM   #29
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote


Well, I don't have any definite answer to that. MyLeveling a beta version is really just about the radar dot colors.
I'd really like to get feedback about the vehicles from more than one person because I have made significant changes in some areas. Seeing that people seem to like Scorpion edits like the Tarantula (which I consider undriveable, TBH), I really need more external feedback because obviously I have a different opinion about some aspects of vehicle handling than others do.
Wormbo is offline  
Old 01-26-2014, 08:03 AM   #30
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote


Beta 3 is available.
Changes from beta 2:
  • Fixed the HoverBadgerFactory, which actually spawned a standard Badger instead of the Hoverbadger.
  • Added a Flame Badger as replacement for the Fire Badger. Weapons are similar to the Draco or Firebug: driver controls a flamethrower, gunner turret projectiles spawn napalm globs on impact at the expense of some explosion damage. The Flame Badger blows up violently on destruction, like my other flamethrower vehicles.
Wormbo is offline  
Old 02-04-2014, 04:08 PM   #31
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,515
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Well, I don't have any definite answer to that. MyLeveling a beta version is really just about the radar dot colors.
I'd really like to get feedback about the vehicles from more than one person because I have made significant changes in some areas. Seeing that people seem to like Scorpion edits like the Tarantula (which I consider undriveable, TBH), I really need more external feedback because obviously I have a different opinion about some aspects of vehicle handling than others do.

I'd like to put the latest version of your new badgers in a map or two if you wouldn't mind. They will probably get more feedback that way.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 02-05-2014, 08:06 AM   #32
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,585
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
I'd like to put the latest version of your new badgers in a map or two if you wouldn't mind. They will probably get more feedback that way.
QFT
__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 03:29 AM   #33
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote


Alright, I might pick these up again if someone reminds me of any bugs still left in the implementation.
Maybe I'll even have a look at porting additional Badger types. Any preferences?
Wormbo is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #34
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,585
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Alright, I might pick these up again if someone reminds me of any bugs still left in the implementation.
Maybe I'll even have a look at porting additional Badger types.
Party time ! Wormbo back at work !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-CFIO-fCt8
__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:49 AM   #35
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote






Ahem, anyways. Reverse Badger is done, so no need to suggest that anymore.
Wormbo is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 10:23 PM   #36
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,515
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Alright, I might pick these up again if someone reminds me of any bugs still left in the implementation.
Maybe I'll even have a look at porting additional Badger types. Any preferences?
Since the old Badgers and your new Badgers don't coexist on the same map without causing editor crashes, it would be nice to have the Stealth badger and Bio Badger if we are going to start converting over to the new, bug-free Badgers.

Bugs:
A player in the gunner's seat can still fall through the map when they jump out. The driver's seat is fixed.
The minigun seems weaker. Also, the grenade launch-thrust is weaker than before.

If it's not too much work, the Link Badgers are pretty cool as well.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 06-17-2014, 11:41 PM   #37
McGimpkins


 
McGimpkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Post apocalyptic wastelands
Posts: 533
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Alright, I might pick these up again if someone reminds me of any bugs still left in the implementation.
Maybe I'll even have a look at porting additional Badger types. Any preferences?
Not sure how easy it is to fix, I've noticed if the badger is at an angle, and you are in the gunners seat (2) sometimes you have to switch to drivers seat (1) to get out.

In addition if it is at an angle and you want to get in, you have to jump and stand on top of the badger to get in.

I guess you got the reverse badger as you already said, in addition to the stealth badger and bio badger, there is the flame badger, and the crappy badger that farts on that one MTMU map...
McGimpkins is offline  
Old 06-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #38
Terminator
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 763
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Not sure how easy it is to fix, I've noticed if the badger is at an angle, and you are in the gunners seat (2) sometimes you have to switch to drivers seat (1) to get out.

In addition if it is at an angle and you want to get in, you have to jump and stand on top of the badger to get in.

I guess you got the reverse badger as you already said, in addition to the stealth badger and bio badger, there is the flame badger, and the crappy badger that farts on that one MTMU map...
There is also an ion badger and mega badger.

I don't know if the link badger has a 2nd seat but if not, could one be made?

What is the difference between the fire badger and flame badger? the Flame Badger on Deserted Sands seems pathetic.
Terminator is offline  
Old 06-18-2014, 10:48 AM   #39
Binger
.

 
Binger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,249
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
...The minigun seems weaker...
This is keeping me from putting them on Dria. If this is true then please put it back the way it was. I really do appreciate all of your work but if you did indeed make the minigun weaker then that is fixing something that isn't broken and that no one asked for (afaik). If you didn't change it then please ignore me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Not sure how easy it is to fix, I've noticed if the badger is at an angle, and you are in the gunners seat (2) sometimes you have to switch to drivers seat (1) to get out.

In addition if it is at an angle and you want to get in, you have to jump and stand on top of the badger to get in....
I wish more people knew they could jump on top of the badger to get in when that happens.
Binger is offline  
Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 AM   #40
Wormbo
Wormlike
 
Wormbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 907
Default
Reply With Quote


Megabadger is part of the original release. The class is called "Badgertaur" because it's essentially the Badger version of the Minotaur. And in fact, the new Megabadger drives a bit like the Minotaur, not just like a large Badger.

Reverse Badger will be in the next release. The old Fire Badger was based on the Fire Tank, while the new Flame Badger actually is something new and different, featuring a flamethrower and napalm shells.

Apart from the Hoverbadger, I'd like to implement two seats for each of the Badger variations. So the wanted list contains the Ion Badger, Stealth Badger, Bio Badger and Link Badger? Or do I need to put the Fire Badger on the list as well?
Wormbo is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Badger Minitank, I must have it... alexkl5 Unreal Tournament 2 05-02-2013 06:00 PM
Badger Tank for UT3 ! lexybot Onslaught 4 12-01-2008 06:23 AM
The New Badger? Javik Onslaught 3 09-28-2007 12:59 AM
Improvements to the badger Gerbil Onslaught 30 07-20-2007 04:03 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:02 AM.