Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 11-11-2013, 02:21 AM   #1
McGimpkins

Default ONS-SlatedWorld-BigAl.ut2

I cannot load this map because I am missing some files that I cannot get them out of my cache, so I can't give you the exact node location. However one of the nodes on the floating island that has trees on it, when you spawn into it the node you are placed by some picnic tables far away from the node. You then have to huff it a ways to get to the node and grab a flyer.
Old 11-11-2013, 03:00 AM   #2
Wormbo
Wormlike

Oh, I remember that spawn location, it's right in the middle of nowhere. No vehicle, node or teleporter nearby. If you spawn there, you're out of play for a seemingly long time.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
McGimpkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
I cannot load this map because I am missing some files that I cannot get them out of my cache, so I can't give you the exact node location. However one of the nodes on the floating island that has trees on it, when you spawn into it the node you are placed by some picnic tables far away from the node. You then have to huff it a ways to get to the node and grab a flyer.
Yeah! That is it. Sorry for the poor grammar. It was late, and I had drank a couple of beers.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Binger

It needs to be fixed. Sucks but just suicide if you spawn there.
Old 11-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Yeah, that's what I usually do. Normally after I utter "Shit... right, it's that node." Takes me out of the game for 6 secs. I guess I should have a key bound to suicide
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 11-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
Wormbo
Wormlike

Or type faster.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #7
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Is there anything else on this map that needs to be fixed or changed?
Old 11-12-2013, 09:20 PM   #8
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Yeah, get rid of all those fliers and put some tanks and a leviathan in there!
Old 11-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #9
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Oh oh! A FLYING MINO! J/K

Hmm, didn't think anyone was serious about editing it. The node spawns for the picnic table islands were the biggest thing. I'll look at the map more seriously. The only other vague thing in my memory was probably about a weapon locker or two (no link or avrils at one or two?). Maybe try some of the vehicle jumps . Overall the map seems to play well, without any serious flaws (besides the node spawns).
Team:
Old 11-13-2013, 12:04 PM   #10
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers View Post
Oh oh! A FLYING MINO! J/K

Hmm, didn't think anyone was serious about editing it. The node spawns for the picnic table islands were the biggest thing. I'll look at the map more seriously. The only other vague thing in my memory was probably about a weapon locker or two (no link or avrils at one or two?). Maybe try some of the vehicle jumps . Overall the map seems to play well, without any serious flaws (besides the node spawns).
Is there a flying mino? I could use that.
Old 11-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #11
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
Is there a flying mino? I could use that.
The dragon's close enough. It hides on top of the buildings in Minus, then pops over top, vaporizes an entire area with a bomb, then goes back to hiding.
Old 11-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #12
Bob_Smith
Humbly Arrogant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
The dragon's close enough. It hides on top of the buildings in Minus, then pops over top, vaporizes an entire area with a bomb, then goes back to hiding.
QFT
Old 11-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
Adolytsi
Vernacular Spectacular

Quote:
Unless you've got someone in one of the superflyers who knows to check the towers thoroughly before going down to start the node. A Falcon can easily take down a hiding Dragon single-handedly.

What I really don't understand is the people who bitch at their team: "WHY ISN'T 3/10 STARTED YET?" It's okay to ask, to see if anyone will respond that they got offed by the Dragon, but to yell at your team for not having it started yet? Um... every single person who plays on this server that plays that map should know the enemy team's Dragon strategy by now, soo..... why the fuck do you think 3/10 wasn't started? It's like hiring someone to paint your house, knowing full well they only use white paint, and then getting upset when they're finished that they just painted your house white.

But now we're getting off topic.
Old 11-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #14
Bob_Smith
Humbly Arrogant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adolytsi View Post
Unless you've got someone in one of the superflyers who knows to check the towers thoroughly before going down to start the node. A Falcon can easily take down a hiding Dragon single-handedly.
Wrong map, amigo. There are no superflyers on any version of Minus. I believe there are raptors on one version, not sure which one. Your point is correct, however, regarding the capability of such vehicles to kill the Dragon, (although those of us who love it can put up a much stronger fight than many realize).

Quote:
What I really don't understand is the people who bitch at their team: "WHY ISN'T 3/10 STARTED YET?" It's okay to ask, to see if anyone will respond that they got offed by the Dragon, but to yell at your team for not having it started yet? Um... every single person who plays on this server that plays that map should know the enemy team's Dragon strategy by now, soo..... why the fuck do you think 3/10 wasn't started? It's like hiring someone to paint your house, knowing full well they only use white paint, and then getting upset when they're finished that they just painted your house white.

But now we're getting off topic.
Yes, this is better suited to the "A Rant on Voice Chat" thread, but is very valid and echos my own thoughts very well.

The tone and demeanor of many people in expressing such statements clearly indicates that the listener(s) sat idly by doing nothing instead of starting a node, or at least demonstrated some epic level of inattention or negligence. Their righteous indignation blasts all of us and bathes us in hostility, which is misplaced, undesirable and counterproductive.

When we all leap into our respective vehicles at the start of a map, there has been no meeting or memo stating who is going to which nodes. We have not discussed and agreed to an organizational structure, and it can be very random. Everyone goes where they think they should, and sometimes a primary node sits staring at us all, white as processed sugar and round as the full moon, and the harsh rhetoric begins . . . "NO ONE WENT TO SEVEN???!!!" Then this individual, "No One", is lambasted along with the rest of us for our flagrant negligence and stupidity by those who obviously have surmised that they were not responsible for going to that node, while someone else was and didn't. It is idiotic.

When the crowd is just right, we all notice the lack of attention to some node, comment on it, and even laugh about it. No one has a meltdown, (save the Bob Anger jokes), and eventually someone wanders over, or not, and we sometimes lose. After such a loss, within a fairly short time, I forget about it and play another game or go watch Sons of Anarchy and eat popcorn. The world doesn't end and no one comes to my house to arrest me. It is only a game.

Yes, we are off topic. Welcome to the Omni Forums.
Old 11-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
Adolytsi
Vernacular Spectacular

Ah, yeah; didn't see that Minus was mentioned rather than MagicIsle. Yeah, Dragons hiding over buildings on that map can be quite troublesome, though if my memory serves me correctly, there are Hammerheads on that variant of Minus, so at least they're not completely untouchable. Unless it's Randomizer, where they can potentially be untouchable.

So yeah, how bout that SlatedWorld?
Old 11-14-2013, 06:56 PM   #16
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:

So yeah, how bout that SlatedWorld?
I've found and fixed the errant playerstart along with the one weapon locker which had hardly any weapons.
I also replaced a Hellhound and a Cicada with a Cerberus and Wormbo's Banshee. They aren't as powerful as the other vehicles in the map
and shouldn't affect gameplay.

The fix is finished, but I'll wait until Carpe comes back this weekend to submit.
Old 11-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #17
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Here's my testing results...
Besides the stray player start/spawn at 1 or 2 (picnic island), there is a weapons locker with just link and grenades over there as well. Not sure why. I'd make it a full locker. Finally, if you try to use a Hellbender on the boost ramp over there as well, it drops you short of the center island. All the other ramps work. It needs to be given a little more power. That's it. I don't know if the map gives any log errors but as far as a gameplay fixes it only needs three minor ones.
Team:
Old 11-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers View Post
Yeah, that's what I usually do. Normally after I utter "Shit... right, it's that node." Takes me out of the game for 6 secs. I guess I should have a key bound to suicide

I have a key bound to 'suicide'. You wouldn't believe how useful it is.
Old 11-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
dimshade
Getting there...

Quote:
Somewhat off topic, but truer words were never spoken. Falling to your death? Don't wait until you hit the kill zone, hit your suicide key and get back in the game!

Especially useful for maps with long falls like Slated, or low grav maps like Star Reach when you miss a jump or something and have nothing to shoot at while you fall.
Old 11-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #20
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Can you tell me what the input would be to do that?

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance