Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 11-10-2013, 04:09 PM   #21
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Future combat is the one to go with.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #22
Turbo K
Community Veteran

So do I still need to edit the original Battlefront, or could we just add the future combat version and call it a day?
Old 11-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #23
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

The original version is fun just the way it is, imo. People are always going to try to "fix" things that they see as wrong or not to their liking. The tank that can be put in the tunnel node can be defeated, you have to learn how. Just ask Hardspike, he and I have teamed up lots on that map and had a lot of fun.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:32 PM   #24
WMD40
Got there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
The original version is fun just the way it is, imo. People are always going to try to "fix" things that they see as wrong or not to their liking. The tank that can be put in the tunnel node can be defeated, you have to learn how. Just ask Hardspike, he and I have teamed up lots on that map and had a lot of fun.
I hope it isn't with a Ion tank.

Old 11-10-2013, 07:52 PM   #25
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

I don't recall putting the ion in there. Why does the clock say, 41:21? Hmmmmm.
Old 11-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #26
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
I don't recall putting the ion in there. Why does the clock say, 41:21? Hmmmmm.

that's the game timer. isn't it ?

Old 11-10-2013, 09:05 PM   #27
Adolytsi
Vernacular Spectacular

Considering the game timer and the fact that there are no nodes built on the opposing team, he likely just went solo in the map in Instant Action just to show that getting the Ion in the bunker could be done.
Old 11-11-2013, 01:35 AM   #28
hardspike
Server Admin

And this is why we don't play Battlefront any more here.

No, not the ability to get tanks in the bunker. This is deja-vu all over again. It started like this: Some complained about certain flaws in the map. Then a few edits and enhancements. Next you've got two versions or more on the server. Before you know it, nobody votes for them any more. Then it's never played again.

There's only 4 tanks per side. If you're going to put one in the bunker you're playing too much defense and you're going to lose. That's 25% of your most powerful vehicles not playing offense.

Like Mr. Crow / Racer_X said, the tank can be defeated. Stand way back from the bunker and pepper him with Shock Rifles. Drive an ion tank to the entrance. Team up with a partner - have him go in and get killed by the tank, charge in behind him with a deemer and kill the tank before he can fire the second shot....
Old 11-11-2013, 02:07 AM   #29
McGimpkins

Just chiming in I really did like the Future combat version of this map.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:17 AM   #30
Zenith1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
Then it's never played again.
Yeah, it makes me pretty sad to see Battlefront is the least-played map on this server. It used to be one of, if not the most popular map on this server.
Send a message via ICQ to Zenith1 Send a message via AIM to Zenith1 Send a message via MSN to Zenith1 Zenith1 is offline  
Old 11-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #31
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenith1 View Post
Yeah, it makes me pretty sad to see Battlefront is the least-played map on this server. It used to be one of, if not the most popular map on this server.
+1
Old 11-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #32
Bob_Smith
Humbly Arrogant

Quote:
+1
+2
Old 11-12-2013, 04:37 PM   #33
Terminator
Getting there...

Battlefront is a fun map.. Wish it was voted more :/
Old 11-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #34
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Smith View Post
+2
+3
Old 11-13-2013, 03:19 AM   #35
Xexx
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
And this is why we don't play Battlefront any more here.
There's only 4 tanks per side. If you're going to put one in the bunker you're playing too much defense and you're going to lose. That's 25% of your most powerful vehicles not playing offense.

Like Mr. Crow / Racer_X said, the tank can be defeated. Stand way back from the bunker and pepper him with Shock Rifles. Drive an ion tank to the entrance. Team up with a partner - have him go in and get killed by the tank, charge in behind him with a deemer and kill the tank before he can fire the second shot....
We don't play it because it's boring stalemate map. The only maps worse are the default blue win maps where no one can build a node for the whole game.

You can position it around the corner where absolutely no incoming fire can hit it (except maybe slightly by other tank fire). The splash damage off the tunnel walls will destroy any deemer whatsoever. The ion is the only thing that can reliably kill it, provided they're not in the ion inside the tunnel. Good luck surviving in anything when 3 other tanks spawn directly above the node of a tunnel filled with spider mines.
Old 11-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #36
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xexx View Post
We don't play it because it's boring stalemate map.
I really hate to sound like the old man here, but back in the day...

While the map is definitely a dual choke point map, in the golden years of ONS a well co-ordinated TEAM effort often resulted in the capture
of 3-6, and subsequently (but not always) a victory. It was a thing of beauty when it was pulled off... constant reports of various players
doing their pieces, at the right time and in the right order to achieve the node take down AND holding it.

*melancholy sigh*

Another fun thing about BF was when you managed to snag the other teams Raptor and keep it from them. Mocking them all the time on
voice of course. TheLoegrus and I had many fun battles stealing and/or trying to get the Raptors back.

Fun times. Go here for a trip down memory lane: http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...efront+dummies

+458

Old 11-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #37
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
I really hate to sound like the old man here, but back in the day...

While the map is definitely a dual choke point map, in the golden years of ONS a well co-ordinated TEAM effort often resulted in the capture
of 3-6, and subsequently (but not always) a victory. It was a thing of beauty when it was pulled off... constant reports of various players
doing their pieces, at the right time and in the right order to achieve the node take down AND holding it.

*melancholy sigh*

Another fun thing about BF was when you managed to snag the other teams Raptor and keep it from them. Mocking them all the time on
voice of course. TheLoegrus and I had many fun battles stealing and/or trying to get the Raptors back.

Fun times. Go here for a trip down memory lane: http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthr...efront+dummies

+458
great POST! +567
Old 11-17-2013, 11:53 PM   #38
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Location: In my secret lab. Overclocking nuclear hamster mines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
Wow, been so long since I played I had to check your link to remember it
Saw the "BF for Dummies" mock up and it instantly clicked, tho the brunt of my memories of it was playing it with ExcessiveOverkill

BeBop: The devil, I mean Kel made me do it all.
Pandemonium: YOU ... ARE ... GOD
Benders of Cargo and Sniper, Oh fack!
Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance