G-Force
Insider

Default World of Tanks

Saw a commercial for this a little bit ago. Looks of it have some potential
Teaser 1
http://worldoftanks.com/media/show/1081/

Teaser 2
http://worldoftanks.com/media/show/1080/

Did I mention it has online play and its free?

sig by Necro
Send a message via ICQ to G-Force Send a message via MSN to G-Force Send a message via Yahoo to G-Force G-Force is offline  
Old 12-31-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
DjAy-T
<--CheckOutThe @$$ on her

this is the other love in my life. Gorzy got me turned on to it. its a game that runs online only. there are lots and lots of tanks dating all the way up to WWII. its free to download and play. but if you want to progress at a faster rate, you can purchase gold for $. the game mechanics are detailed. when you shoot a track and do enough damage, the track breaks and your crew will repair it. the more you use the tank and crew, the faster they will repair things(so you can get back into battle) there are 3 different types of tanks: theres the standard tank(which consists of light, medium and heavy), the next is a Tank Destroyer(turret is facing forward and all armor is in front), the last is a SPG(or self propelled gun) and its basically like the SPMA in UT2k4. Clan wars are pretty fun. there's up to 100 slots per clan(id leave my clan if )o( started one*hint-hint*). you battle other clans to rule territories(maps and such). if you win, the map is yours... defend it and your clan will start earning Gold. every so often, there are different challenges that the guys over at WoT set up. they set up rules and you play and submit the results of your winning game... the prizes are usually gold, extra tank slots in your garage, special tanks, etc...

they have put a lot of thought into this game and are currently updating it. soon there will be a lot more tanks... currently there are tanks from russia, germany, and the US. they will be adding france soon and i believe Brittain and some others are soon on their way. if you like games where you build up your stats and upgrading this and that... this game is totally fun. i must warn though, when you first start playing, they give you 3 tier I tanks from each country. the game is a bit slow here. after a day or so, you should be able to get a tier II and III(shoot, depending on how much you play, you might even get to IV and V). this is the start of the game being lots of fun. fight hard to get a tier X and be the biggest you can be!

So anyone lookin to have some fun, hit me up in game. my Screen name is "djayt"

like i said, the game is free, so its worth a shot!

Deej
Old 12-31-2011, 03:16 PM   #3
agribah
My name is Inigo Montoya

I like this one. Esp. the hot foreign girl doing the intro.

http://youtu.be/DuOYJCdcXQ8
Old 12-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #4
Pi

interesting... ill give it a go anyway and see how i feel- the idea sounds fun

...and there's the rest who are just jumping around like a bunch of half-drunk monkeys spamming and camping their little hearts out. ~Coyote

Old 01-05-2012, 09:54 AM   #5
G-Force
Insider

This game is actually pretty kewl. Figured out how to upgrade everything & gettin used to basic controls... lol.

sig by Necro
Send a message via ICQ to G-Force Send a message via MSN to G-Force Send a message via Yahoo to G-Force G-Force is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 11:24 AM   #6
DjAy-T

Default yeah, i like it a lot...

Old 01-06-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
G-Force
Insider

There, you forgot to add that. Daaaaaamn, your a higher level than I am. Nice rides ya got there to . My best tank I think is prolly my AT-1(t) , but my PzKpfw 35 is funnest for me so far. I use the level II AT-1 mostly. Get 1-hit killz here an there with that sucker . Where should I head next with tanks, Heavy or tank destroyers?

I didnt realize they use your fucking email AS YOUR GAME NAME, wtf kinda shit is that . Is there a way to change your ingame name?

sig by Necro
Old 01-07-2012, 01:48 AM   #8
DjAy-T

LINK on how to change name. when i registered, i was able to use my own name aside from my email.

as far as where to go in your tank... i dabbled in every tank type thus far. it took me a while to find a suitable tank for my play style. my playstyle is aggressive and for this fact, i need a tank that can take hits and still have capability of maneuvering. for this, i have my (tier 8-Medium) "type 59" (oh, and for the reason that it accumulates credits and EXP at an un-godly rate) the type 59 bounces more shots than a strippers @ss! since this tank is a premium tank, i cant settle with just that, so i have an IS-4(tier 9-Heavy) and am currently going for the IS-7(tier 10-Heavy) as it does great in clan wars.

a tank destroyer suits the needs of a player with a campy method and who doesnt mind defending 75% of time. since its armor is stacked in the front and has no rotating turret, the gun is made to shoot forward(leaving obvious vulnerabilities in rear). you will find comfort in sitting back while you use the range (that most TD's have as a perk) to killing enemies that, more times, cant see you.

Heavy:
Pros-scattered armor allowing less critical hits in all directions, rotating turret, the ability to ungage scattered targets, the ability to take extra time to sight in shot while under fire
Cons- first in to battle, big target for arty as you are slow moving(and they want to clear you out first to protect their mates)

Tank Destroyer:
Pros- sits back and fires upon targets that are out of most heavy tanks sight range(most noticable in higher tier TDs), frontal armors slope usually bounces shots- reducing the amount of allowed critical hits and penetration, lower profile adds to its ability(%) to remain hidden from enemies
Cons- does not do well when ganged up on, they don't turn very fast, rear shots are usually critical, arty will eat you alive!

pick your poison and drop me a line... we can platoon together!

Deej

PS- every first victory is double bonus... branch out and play a few different tanks at a time. if you decide to spring for a premium account, you will have 1.5x's everything u earn(so its faster progress).
Old 01-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #9
G-Force
Insider

Played for a couple hours last nite, started using artillery due to the NASTY amount of damage they do. Got to readin the info on all the vehicles this morning and learned to use L-Shift for ARTILLERY VIEW . Got a feelin todays gonna be ALOT funner

As far as a premium account, I am not able to do that ATM. I work for Floor Coverers Union, I havent worked in about a month so I dont have the funds for that

Submitted my ticket for name change request few minutes ago

sig by Necro
Old 01-07-2012, 05:47 PM   #10
Binger

My only internet connection right now is a mobile hotspot with a data limit so I can't afford to the download game but when I go back to work and get a normal hardline connection I will definitely check this out. Hopefully you guys will still be playing.

Someone has already taken the nic "Binger" so if you see them it's not me.
Old 01-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #11
2fast4u
Starving for the truth

My Ign is Nastyy.

Send a message via AIM to 2fast4u Send a message via MSN to 2fast4u Send a message via Skype™ to 2fast4u 2fast4u is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 AM   #12
GlueEater
Getting there...

Ok, so who all is playing now and has anyone joined any clans? Since I've started playing my Tier 9 Patton I'm getting hit up left and right. I figured I'd better join sooner or later but I wanted to see what experience Omni folk have had with their clan. Don't want to join one to find out I don't like the other players.

Guys I have to mirror DJ's view of the game. It's worth a look if you haven't tried it yet. I do need to warn you though. You willl need a phenomenal amount of patience to play this game. Little tanks running around on the battlefield is cool but the gameplay needs a lot of improvement. The result of these deficiencies leads to getting repeatedly killed by tanks that you have no chance against, may or may not have seen, and alot of arguing with idiotic teammates. It wasn't until I got to the Patton that I actually started having fun...
Old 02-24-2012, 06:49 PM   #13
DjAy-T

im part of 'BJC' and glue, youre on the first-to-call-back-list for when they have a slot open... which should be soon. the whole idea behind being in a clan it to train togather and work towards owning provinces(which in turn earns you gold). i was the first member to join BJC (besides the founder and his co-founder) and i will say the clans personalities are comparable to the folks here on )o(. i almost left the clan because it seemed dull, but after platooning with the guys... they are a lot of fun to play/joke-around with.

i regrettably havnt had much time lately to play either UT or WoT. my computer is at my house(which is still being Ren)o(vated) and im staying with my parents, who have the basic (cable) internet which is rated at about 3mbps (compared to my house which gets up to 30mbps with powerboost) tried to play both games... practically gnawed my arm off
Old 02-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #14
G-Force
Insider

I play occasionally still, havent joined up with anyone on it yet. Looked at a few but never applied or wasnt a high enough level too. I didnt pay in so I dont level up to fast. Grinding points when I do play cause I need ridiculous points for my next tier tanks(leopard,priest, an M3Lee are what I currently have been using)

**EDIT**
My game name is HighVoltage316

sig by Necro

Last edited by G-Force; 02-27-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 11:43 AM   #15
Binger

Anybody from here still playing this? I just installed a couple of days ago. Still messing around with Tier 2 and 3.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
GlueEater
Getting there...

Bing I just typed a book as to why you shouldn't play this game but I forgot the login or whatever expires after a while so I literally wasted an hour. Let me just say don't waste your time. It is a terrible game at the higher levels. Basically to have any fun in clan wars, or to level up at tier 7 and above Wargaming has made it so you have to spend real money. That is 1 out of 20 reasons why I quit. Each one gets worse. Delete WOT now.
Even Mr. Rogers (rest his soul) would rage quit this game.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #17
Binger

Bummer Glue, that has happened to me also. Thanks for trying.

I was trying to wait before replying to play this a little more but I haven't gotten back to it. I played for a week or so but I've lost interest now. Some of the things you said and some other things also. I could go into details but I guess it doesn't matter. There are some things I like about it but I think I'm done with it already.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #18
G-Force
Insider

Reasons mentioned above are certainly issues holding back the game. Only time I play now is if I'm really bored, sick of LOTRO and need a break from L4D2 LOL.

Their working on a World of Planes...

sig by Necro

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games