Other Games All Other Servers

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 12-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #1
La5eR
Getting there...

Default Tribes: Ascend.

Seeing as how Tribes 1 was the first of its kind to offer semi-massive FPS engagements and provide basic vehicle support and futuristic weaponry.

Do you foresee this game taking off and attracting some of the attention of those whom are retired from UT2k4? Namely the T5K, H2K, 51, KONA, and TsN to name a few?

I know the main )0( force will have a few ppl out there on the field with the OMNI crew to back them up. It would be nice to see some old UT2K4 players re-awaken.

I Miss Doz and LiZarD the most. They taught me the ropes.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #2
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

Can't really test the beta at the moment because the game kicks me out on what seems to be just a single lost packet. That needs some adjustment.

The game's main argument is of course the skiing, but it seems somewhat hard to control it different from just moving in a forward direction. Thus you either run away from your opponent or after him, but don't have all that much control for large team-coordinated assaults.

Furthermore does the rankup and F2P system not really contribute to the competitive aspect of the game. You simply gain upgrades like additional health, ammo, energy and damage and new weapons and classes as you play the game a lot or invest money into it. And pay to win has always been contradictory to fair matches in my opinion.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Sereval
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by La5eR View Post
Do you foresee this game taking off and attracting some of the attention of those whom are retired from UT2k4? Namely the T5K, H2K, 51, KONA, and TsN to name a few?
I've been beta testing TA for a few days now, but according to the license agreement I'm not allowed to talk about it . Seriously, I can't tell if it will please the UT veterans or not. Personally I was a fan of Tribes before I ever played UT2K4 so I feel right at home playing the game, but it might not be the case for the Omni MIAs.

Some guy on Youtube made a video review, it's not a great review but it will give you an idea of what the game looks like. Tribes: Ascend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post

Furthermore does the rankup and F2P system not really contribute to the competitive aspect of the game. You simply gain upgrades like additional health, ammo, energy and damage and new weapons and classes as you play the game a lot or invest money into it. And pay to win has always been contradictory to fair matches in my opinion.
Free-to-play doesn't mean free-to-to-be-competitive, beside you don't have to unlock all the classes and skills to be competitive. I'm sure with $20 I can get all I need to hold my own against anybody at TA, I just need 2 or 3 classes and upgrade them to the max. Considering that I payed $70 for UT3 Black Box Edition, $20 is a pretty fair price.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
Stoned_Oli
Whassup whitchu?

So do you still get shot in the back by your own team-mates at the weapons station like in the original?

Rock on...
Old 12-14-2011, 02:38 PM   #5
owner2
Just Registered

WTF Skip it for now...

Just wanted to say that tribes ascend sucks and sucks it hard it is strangely nothing like tribes1 "the only good tribes" even tribes 2 still has a small but extremely loyal following. You can apply for the beta and probably get in at this point. But I really wouldn't waste my time. Why any of these companies licenses the latest version of unrealtech is beyond me. The graphics are already out of date and the game play is next to useless plus it looks like it's going to be a pay to win model. The spin fuser isn't fast enough and the damage radius is way to high. There is also a strangely joyless skiing sensation. It's possible that hi-rez will balance everything out but at this time it just doesn't feel right. I would recommend maybe waiting at least 3 months or until out of beta before trying it out.

owner2 "couldnt post under my original )o(mni account as it has been locked or suspended or whatever"

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games