Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Old 03-04-2012, 10:00 PM   #21
D_B_X
For Victory - 1 & 2 Dria!

Thank you for giving us the new IP
Old 09-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #22
Binger

Is there any way to undo the team balance thing on the Assault server?

On some of the maps, Ballx for example, the bots will do nothing. They will just stay where they spawn and never attack or get in a good place to defend. If you are on the defending team then nothing happens the whole round. You can't change teams because as soon as you spawn it will balance you back to the defending team. You can't click change teams and then wait for a bot to die and balance teams when it respawns because the bots never do anything and so never die. Even if I quit the match and then change my team preference, it stills puts me on the defending team.

In the server info it says that Team Balance it set to false but it happens anyways so that must be for a user command??? When it switches you it says that the Admin (UAdmin? or something like that) balanced the teams.

Sometimes I like to jump on there even if there are no players but there is no point if nothing is happening. If the bots won't attack then I want to do two rounds on the attacking team. It's either that or vote a new map.

I think one team (red?) always attacks first so you can at least make it through one attacking round if you have your team pref set to that color but then when you are on the defending team the next round you might as well quit or vote a new map.

I understand that if there are a few real players then it could be a problem but at this point would it really matter. Even if it's 3 real players against 3 bots, so what?
Old 09-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #23
D_B_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post

On some of the maps, Ballx for example, the bots will do nothing. They will just stay where they spawn and never attack or get in a good place to defend. If you are on the defending team then nothing happens the whole round. You can't change teams because as soon as you spawn it will balance you back to the defending team. You can't click change teams and then wait for a bot to die and balance teams when it respawns because the bots never do anything and so never die. Even if I quit the match and then change my team preference, it stills puts me on the defending team.

I think one team (red?) always attacks first so you can at least make it through one attacking round if you have your team pref set to that color but then when you are on the defending team the next round you might as well quit or vote a new map.
One thing I like to do is play on there alone (on red to attack first and to establish the time to beat), so a few months back I took it upon myself to make a project out of it and weed out all the maps that are suitable for solo play. Believe it or not, many maps are very good and the bots won't sit around at the start of the map and just have their crouch keys down and walk around like they don't care

Here are the maps I deemed good for a solo situation - again these are the maps where the bots will move to objectives and play just as well as you. I noticed quite a few where they start out well then stop at a certain objective and become clueless, I won't include these here, only those that they will play from start to finish. Stock maps are a given, but I'll put them here.

(NOTE: Outback is a stock map, but it always crashed to Acatana when I tried to play it.)

AS-[BETA-8]-Ionification
AS-Aarjskaw
AS-Acatana-LE
AS-Ascension[tweaked]
AS-Aswan_beta1
AS-BP2-Jumpship
AS-BP2-Thrust
AS-Canyon[Beta1b]
AS-Castle_2K4 (they not only finished this map, but they finished faster than my time here!)
AS-ChocolateFactoryFudge-Beta1_5
AS-ChrozoreMines(BETA2)
AS-Cirban_r3
AS-Convoy
AS-CraterBase-Finalv2
AS-Damnation_r
AS-FallenCity
AS-Frigate2k4Finale
AS-Glacier
AS-Guardia-2K4-V2
AS-Hotworks-Final
AS-iSEAL2k4
AS-Junkyard
AS-MZ-HighRise
AS-Magma(BETA4)
AS-Mythology-edit
AS-Obolus
AS-Osaka
AS-RazorBack-Beta4
AS-Retrieval(BETA2)
AS-RobotFactory
AS-TarydiumMineBETA
AS-Thief_SE
AS-Thunderstrom
AS-Vindication-LE

So as you can see there's quite a fair selection if you feel like practicing.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
Binger

Wow, that's awesome. Thanks D_B_X. I'll copy those to a text file I can have open next time I play on the Assault server. I still think it would be good to let players change teams though.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #25
D_B_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Wow, that's awesome. Thanks D_B_X. I'll copy those to a text file I can have open next time I play on the Assault server. I still think it would be good to let players change teams though.
It wasn't as easy as a task at it might have seemed. Maps with no defenses may seem fun, but in place of having no bots, a lot of the maps that didn't make the list had those troublesome auto targeting link turrets with crazy amounts of HP (many maps having one after the other!) which made a map to get through in 5 minutes more like 30

I would agree on being able to switch; sometimes it could be fun to play through attacking first as red, but then defending as blue.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:22 PM   #26
Beth

Where the hell is the AS server? Since I had to REFORMAT my drives the freaking AS server isn't even on the master list. I go internet tab, Assault tab and it's not there!!! I want to play AS where are you.....

Old 06-04-2014, 09:32 PM   #27
VadersFisting
Getting there...

ok ok ok, calm down... take a deep breath... then http://forum.omnipotents.com/showpos...0&postcount=74
Old 06-05-2014, 12:21 AM   #28
McGimpkins

It should go up tomorrow. I was going to post something up if Analog didn't bring it up. Analog can you get it up and running when you read this?
Old 06-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #29
analog
Community Veteran

Should be up!
Old 06-05-2014, 02:41 PM   #30
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
Should be up!
If you wouldn't mind, would you be able to allow team-switching and set the "allow team preferences" option off?
That way, we won't have one team dominate the entire night like last time.
Old 06-05-2014, 03:45 PM   #31
analog
Community Veteran

Bot balance is off, so you should be able to join any time. I'll try to get on there and test it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
If you wouldn't mind, would you be able to allow team-switching and set the "allow team preferences" option off?
That way, we won't have one team dominate the entire night like last time.
Old 06-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #32
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by VadersFisting View Post
ok ok ok, calm down... take a deep breath... then http://forum.omnipotents.com/showpos...0&postcount=74

What do I need this for? This link is to the post I put up? You made a boo boo

Old 06-07-2014, 09:11 AM   #33
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth View Post
What do I need this for? This link is to the post I put up? You made a boo boo

No. That link is my reply to you because it appeared you thought the Assault night was June 5th. I corrected
that date to June 7th (tonight).

Vader posted a that reply to you because you were looking for the server on the 4th, the day before Analog
was going to actually start the server.

capiche ?

Old 06-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #34
Beth

Old 06-07-2014, 03:34 PM   #35
VadersFisting
Getting there...

I was just trying to help!
Old 06-07-2014, 09:29 PM   #36
Beth

No not you. That was for Carpe.

Old 06-08-2014, 12:25 AM   #37
Turbo K
Community Veteran

The AS night today was a very fun 3.5 hours. A lot of people showed up, although many only stayed for one map. We'll have to do another one at the end of the summer.

EDIT: Wrong Thread

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault