Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Old 08-22-2010, 05:55 AM   #1
CaptainMorgan
Just Registered

Default Hello for Drylobster!

Some of you might remember me and i remember some of you! I made a post on DryLobster about an revisiting Assault and its getting some of the older people back. Drip, Lost Soul, Danks, French Toast etc.... And then Butcher sent me a PM so i thought i would hit you guys up. Here is the post: http://www.drylobster.com/modules.ph...ewtopic&t=3441

From what Butcher said you all do this once a year or something? Well is anyone down? I made the offer on Lobster so ill make it here. I have 2 extra keys (i think) if not i will buy 2 people keys for the game and even upload a full copy of the game to a torrent site like Demonoid. Then purchase keys and email them to you. Anyone ready to play assault again for the first time in what? 5 years?

Oh ill probably forget about this post as i am a pirate and drinking my rum so my Xfire: ehcaptainmorgan and my Steam: Captain_Morgan129

EDIT: Damn tried to change my mistake...can an admin change for - from in the title. That really bugs the hell out of me.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Butcher
Tonight......you

So who's up? we have a potential here to have a really full server, I'm also going to spam some of the old members who I'm still in contact with so far we have:

Me
Sage
PRicShaw
Nodrak
Analog

That is on top of a potential of 6-7 from the lobster so we've almost matched the number of players from the last assault night.

If you're still in contact with anyone from the good old days drop them a line and get them playing.

COD4 GLITCHES + EXPLOITS
Quote:
)o(Rupert: for the most part I make them rape each other then steal their babies
Old 08-22-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

When it gets closer to firm Butch, I'll canvas at HoC for you as I know there are about 1/2 dozen regulars
there who had the Assault addiction. If I'm around and available, I'll join in as well although I suppose
I'll be getting called a noob as I never really played AS in it's heyday (only played those maps with ramps
in space... race maps ?)

Old 08-22-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
BartimŠus
Getting there...

Hey old friends.

I got contacted by Butcher, and this sounds like a great reunion

I keep watching the forum for more information, and look forward to play some UT again.

And then I can begin reading the 16408 Unread Posts since my last visit

~Bart

~Signature made by TheSage
"Listen up people! When I'm happy, you will be happy too." Quote from my lieutenant
Old 08-22-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
Silent_Treatment
MTMU Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcher View Post
So who's up? we have a potential here to have a really full server
Yea, the problem is that even though some old AS players are showing up, others are disappearing at the same time.

The first AS bash we had early last year was a huge success. The server was nearly full from 7pm to well past midnight-1am. The second event was about 65% of that, and the last one a few months ago was about 30% (or less). Even though I've seen many old AS players pop up recently, there are many more that were around that have moved on.

Not poo-pooing the idea of another bash, but I just don't see the support right now. Especially in the summer time. That's why I have hesitated trying to schedule another event. I think the biggest advantage that the bash has is that it only happens every once in a while. If we have them too often, more people are willing to skip one since there will be another soon. I would rather have one or 2 big events per year than to have a bunch of matches with half bots.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:09 AM   #6
Butcher
Tonight......you

I understand where you're coming from and i was actually going to ask you for some input however discouraging its turned out to be

The time of year I agree is not conducive to sitting in doors playing games but I with the lobster community and )o( combined I have a really good feeling about this, not to mention the fact since posting in this thread I've got another maybe in the form of Bartimus.

I will heed your advice Silent seeing as you've done this before, however i think we might have the perfect storm right now, at least that's what I hope.

Also I will take that post as you registering your interest

And not forgetting thank you carpe, I'm sure you will make an excellent meat shield

COD4 GLITCHES + EXPLOITS
Quote:
)o(Rupert: for the most part I make them rape each other then steal their babies
Old 08-22-2010, 11:59 AM   #7
RicShaw
Overrated

Get your asses in for a map or two, at least. And know that putting on a race map will destroy any chance of a full server.

I hate you, Butcher. Now I feel dirty.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
analog
Community Veteran

Holy WTF WOW, Ric and Butcher posting in the forums on the same day!!!! I'm afraid the apocalypse is coming now!
Old 08-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #9
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
Holy WTF WOW, Ric and Butcher posting in the forums on the same day!!!! I'm afraid the apocalypse is coming now!
Quoted for truth.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:40 AM   #10
lostsoul
Just Registered

My posting here still feels weird.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #11
lostsoul
Just Registered

ahhh, wtf, only 1 post. I know I posted here before.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:07 PM   #12
TheSage
Shredder of Reality

UT2k4

BARTY OH MY WORD ITS BARTY

I'm definately up for some good old fashioned AS fun. Will need to be a weekend though, as I just started work.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
h2bh
Just Registered

Hey thanks for digging me up on this it's much appreciated. I made a post on the dry lobster forums Im down just gimmie a time.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:15 PM   #14
lostsoul
Just Registered

Hey Happy!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:14 AM   #15
BartimŠus
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
BARTY OH MY WORD ITS BARTY

I'm definately up for some good old fashioned AS fun. Will need to be a weekend though, as I just started work.
Hey Sage Been a long time.

I would also like it to be a weekend, that would help me alot.

Was online the other day, didn't see that many people on the AS servers, I guess UT2004 have seen its prime time, som time ago

~Signature made by TheSage
"Listen up people! When I'm happy, you will be happy too." Quote from my lieutenant
Old 08-30-2010, 10:14 AM   #16
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BartimŠus View Post
Was online the other day, didn't see that many people on the AS servers, I guess UT2004 have seen its prime time, som time ago
Yup, it's down to the last bastions of UT2004... Onslaught and, of course, Deathmatch. You are welcome to stop by the Onslaught server, it's normally a full up 32 on most nights. Yeah... I know- it's not the same.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 08-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #17
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

You can count me in, even though my skill rating is also that of 'meat shield' I missed the UT2004 Assault prime years- most of my skills/map knowledge come from UT99 Assault.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 08-30-2010, 05:59 PM   #18
CaptainMorgan
Just Registered

Ok so we have a few )o( in and a few Lobster peeps in. I was gonna throw September 25th out there. Is anyone against that? Its a Saturday 3 weeks from now, which would give a lot of the Lobster guys time to actually install the game again and maybe even get some practice.

I will post the name of the server and vent as soon as HB2H and myself get it setup.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:10 PM   #19
Silent_Treatment
MTMU Hater

Well, I was gonna say that the Omni AS server is up and has voice chat enabled, but it appears to be down. Not sure how long its been that way, unless somebody changed the IP and didn't say anything. I have it as 69.65.20.67:8500 (same as ons except the port).
Old 08-30-2010, 06:49 PM   #20
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Treatment View Post
Well, I was gonna say that the Omni AS server is up and has voice chat enabled, but it appears to be down. Not sure how long its been that way, unless somebody changed the IP and didn't say anything. I have it as 69.65.20.67:8500 (same as ons except the port).
I haven't looked today but I couldn't find it last night even under the internet tab.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault