Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Old 05-21-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Azp2k32
Getting there...

Default Is there any AS ever played these days?

It's depressing coming back and seeing that the situation has deteriorated even more than having boobedome's 80% race server being the primary (and often only) well played server, especially seeing as ONS seems to be all goo tanks and minotaurs and no bitchslap these days.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:50 PM   #2
G-Force
Insider

To be honest, I couldnt tell you the last time I actually fired up Ut AND played... I've reinstalled OS's MANY times and everytime I install the UT Collection pack deal/bundle and never play it. Ahhh, the days of old............................................... .................................................. ....

sig by Necro
Send a message via ICQ to G-Force Send a message via MSN to G-Force Send a message via Yahoo to G-Force G-Force is offline  
Old 05-21-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
Necromancer
Lord of Death

I agree completely... I cant get into ONS and all those goofy vehicles.

I miss AS sooo much.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:04 AM   #4
G-Force
Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
I cant get into ONS and all those goofy vehicles.

I miss AS sooo much.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

sig by Necro
Send a message via ICQ to G-Force Send a message via MSN to G-Force Send a message via Yahoo to G-Force G-Force is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
steve
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azp2k32 View Post
It's depressing coming back and seeing that the situation has deteriorated even more than having boobedome's 80% race server being the primary (and often only) well played server, especially seeing as ONS seems to be all goo tanks and minotaurs and no bitchslap these days.
I play on the LDG assault server, which is full of n00bs (aren't they always?) but at least has some Assault going on. It has racing in the server's name, but they don't always get around to much of that...
Old 05-22-2010, 06:07 AM   #6
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

I would also be interested in some good ol' Assault, never really got to play it online because of all the race and trial servers. And there are so many nice AS maps out there, especially from CBP and UCMP.

So if anyone knew a good server, I would be willing to join from time to time. Although my ping gets to "unplayable" when I play on US-servers, but D-jAy played once on a European server with me and had no lag at all…

And not all servers are about goofy vehicles these days, there are some in Europe that keep it more traditional.
Namely:
-Titan Onslaught in UK with a lot of classic hardcore maps and gameplay for the pros (you need to win 3 rounds to win a match, so it's possible to play more than an hour on a map).
-TCP in Netherlands, which have some more custom maps that are not so hardcore but also with mostly classic vehicles.
-Techcom in Czech Republic, with a wide variety of maps, some from )o(, some from TCP, some from Titan, some from DW, some from the interwebz and many modded that are unique to the server. Most popular European server.
-CEONSS in Germany, a Techcom clone without the maps that were made for Techcom and a lower population. Also uses a mix of maps from everywhere.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:35 AM   #7
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Location: In my secret lab. Overclocking nuclear hamster mines.

I miss AS quite a bit, but the Rush gametype in BC2 makes for a decent replacement
Seeing all the race-only and trials maps makes me a sad panda

Well, race maps aren't bad but the ones that require you to ride the wall to make it around turns and/or win it gets old

BeBop: The devil, I mean Kel made me do it all.
Pandemonium: YOU ... ARE ... GOD
Benders of Cargo and Sniper, Oh fack!
Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  
Old 05-22-2010, 09:23 AM   #8
Silent_Treatment
MTMU Hater

Hah! This is funny b/c I've been saying for the last few weeks that I was going to post for another AS event night. Maybe it is finally time to get off my arse...
Old 05-22-2010, 12:08 PM   #9
analog
Community Veteran

There are people on the AS server from time to time, but not that often. Most I've ever seen is 3 or 4 at the same time.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:25 PM   #10
Binger

I used to jump on the Assault server hoping others would join but so many times the bots wouldn't even leave the core and I would be on defense and couldn't stay teamed switched so it was completely pointless. There was nothing to do. It makes it hard to get a game started.

I have seen this happen to others also. There was one time when three of us were in the game and all three were on defense with the offense bots doing nothing. Two of us tried to team switch to offense over and over and it kept putting us back on defense. We voted a new map and eventually started running into the same kind of problems and left. Is there a way around this in the game? This really has happened to me a lot.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #11
Bastard
Omni Annoyance

I jump in and play on the OMNI one from time to time...but no fun just playing bots. IMO i think we need another assault bash again!
Old 05-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #12
Azp2k32
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Treatment View Post
Hah! This is funny b/c I've been saying for the last few weeks that I was going to post for another AS event night. Maybe it is finally time to get off my arse...
I think it is. >> Need something to do 'sides HoN and waiting for L4D and TF2 to come out for this damn Mac since I quit WoW. I'll have to try those alternate servers in the mean time though.
Old 05-23-2010, 07:28 AM   #13
TheSage
Shredder of Reality

I've been playing UT a couple of times recently, and I just pine for the good old days. ONS doesn't fill the void (its still quite fun though), and the ONS server is completely different to how the AS server was back in the day. The atmosphere is completely different. Thats what I miss most. I want to see a bunch of >10 )o(s and Server regulars posing for the final shot at the end of the map once again
Old 05-24-2010, 12:20 AM   #14
G-Force
Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
I want to see a bunch of >10 )o(s and Server regulars posing for the final shot at the end of the map once again
+1

sig by Necro
Old 05-24-2010, 10:35 AM   #15
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

If you AS losers arrange a date, I will bring my immense ONS and Freon skillz to the table.

I will be noobish beyond all imagination, but I will be a body.

I know there are at least 4 or 5 ex-AS addicts that regularly play at HoC, so we can advertise
it there as well.

Old 05-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
Mad_Dach5und
Noob enough for ya?!?

Suggest keeping the map cycle list minimal since a lot of newer AS maps are NOT already uploaded to many ONS etc.. players.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #17
Evillusion
Getting there...

I been offline for a few months and it good to see this talk of another AS event.
Windows 7 Professional SP1
Old 05-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #18
FuzzySlippers
NOT RDY

Just say the word and I'll gladly reprise my role as a meat shield.
Too bad a missed the heyday for this. I have fond memories of playing Assault in UT'99. Though I don't get these race maps.
: I don't know what happened... I went to jack it and it blew up in my face.
Team:
Old 05-27-2010, 02:43 PM   #19
Kyllian
bFireStyle == SS_Random

Location: In my secret lab. Overclocking nuclear hamster mines.

I've found Bad Company 2s Rush gametype a decent alternative

Difficulty ranges from easy to 32-man-BenderRace-difficult

BeBop: The devil, I mean Kel made me do it all.
Pandemonium: YOU ... ARE ... GOD
Benders of Cargo and Sniper, Oh fack!
Send a message via AIM to Kyllian Send a message via MSN to Kyllian Kyllian is offline  
Old 05-29-2010, 03:41 PM   #20
G-Force
Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzySlippers View Post
Just say the word and I'll gladly reprise my role as a meat shield.
Sounds like everyone knows the "team" comes first moto(wish most of the fuckers I play L4D2 with did, lol). Excellent, no worries than . I'll be at the front of the pack smashing their defenses, than their confidence . Just stay bout 3 paces in front of me and everything else should fall into place . Ow ya, and on a race map,,,,,,, I drive .

Ahhhh, the thought of war begins to build some anticipation... Next time I check the forums, I'll prolly get a hardon! Beat it Sabel, this is no place for "some woman"

sig by Necro

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault