Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 01:41 PM   #21
Terminator
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 764
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crow View Post
What happens after that? just four maps? Cmon
The idea, Racer X, is that we keep playing... that just an example of rotating maps.
Terminator is offline  
Old 06-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #22
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

 
Colbye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 379
Default
Reply With Quote


That's Racer? My best friend.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I wanna be on Guy's team when the Zombie Apocalypse hits.

Never give up BITCHES!
Colbye is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 02:57 PM   #23
Mailbox
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 30
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
MOTD Updated on ONS - the AS server has been up since the last time, if you guys have map concerns then join the server, see what is there and if there is something missing that you want, post it.
Echoing my request from last time, it'd be nice to have some of the CNC AS maps (CommandAndConquer, CommandAndConquer-RedAlert, CommandAndConquerTiberiumSun, CommandAndMario). If added, perhaps they should be put in a separate section for gimmicky maps, and put BritishBulldog in that section as well.

It would be nice to have AS-PWC-TheOffice (not full name) as well. There may be some issue with it being a PWC map (?), but I liked how that map incorporated ballistic weapons.

I can't speak for the racing fans, but perhaps there are some specific maps that they want to add.

Hope to see you on Sunday.
Mailbox is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 06:22 PM   #24
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 255
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbox View Post
Echoing my request from last time, it'd be nice to have some of the CNC AS maps (CommandAndConquer, CommandAndConquer-RedAlert, CommandAndConquerTiberiumSun, CommandAndMario). If added, perhaps they should be put in a separate section for gimmicky maps, and put BritishBulldog in that section as well.

It would be nice to have AS-PWC-TheOffice (not full name) as well. There may be some issue with it being a PWC map (?), but I liked how that map incorporated ballistic weapons.

I can't speak for the racing fans, but perhaps there are some specific maps that they want to add.

Hope to see you on Sunday.
Yeah I also like CnC maps. They get a lot of hate (understandably in 2v2 servers) but once you get a larger population playing I think they're pretty fun.

As for racing maps, any of the new or high voted ones from the LDG server are good. The overly technical ones clear the server and for a good reason, but some of the team bender race maps are cool. Off the top of my head the arctic/alpine one is cool, the boom zap one, mad max v1, heaven race..

Some of the nitro scorp ones are cool too...
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 09:22 PM   #25
analog
Community Veteran

 
analog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 2,683
Default
Reply With Quote


I think we have command and mario on the redirect but I don't remember ever having any others, I think Muffin did those, I still see him on steam, I'll ask him if I see him - we might be able to get him to join AS night
analog is offline  
Old 06-19-2017, 09:24 PM   #26
analog
Community Veteran

 
analog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 2,683
Default
Reply With Quote


I don't think we have any of those, got any links to download?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Yeah I also like CnC maps. They get a lot of hate (understandably in 2v2 servers) but once you get a larger population playing I think they're pretty fun.

As for racing maps, any of the new or high voted ones from the LDG server are good. The overly technical ones clear the server and for a good reason, but some of the team bender race maps are cool. Off the top of my head the arctic/alpine one is cool, the boom zap one, mad max v1, heaven race..

Some of the nitro scorp ones are cool too...
analog is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 02:26 AM   #27
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...
 
Anonymous[Lolz]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 868
Default
Reply With Quote


If you want to play LDG racing maps, you'll have to remove the vehicles as they're locked to LDG. I have C&C Tiberian and Red Alert if you want them.
Anonymous[Lolz] is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 05:32 AM   #28
Mr.Crow
Server Sponsor

 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 438
Default
Reply With Quote


uuughaa!
Mr.Crow is offline  
Old 06-20-2017, 10:46 PM   #29
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 255
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
I don't think we have any of those, got any links to download?
Eh I tried combing through their forums and had no luck. Oh well!

There are some cool maps in there, too bad the server is in Europe with a terrible ping and is almost always empty when I play.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 06-21-2017, 02:37 PM   #30
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

 
Colbye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 379
Default
Reply With Quote


Honestly, it's gonna be the shit no matter what map we're on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I wanna be on Guy's team when the Zombie Apocalypse hits.

Never give up BITCHES!
Colbye is offline  
Old 06-23-2017, 06:31 PM   #31
Proxi
Just Registered
 
Proxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 2
Default
Reply With Quote


I'm down for that and I'll be there!
Proxi is offline  
Old 06-25-2017, 06:04 PM   #32
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 760
Default
Reply With Quote


Starts at 6:00PM EST, IP: 208.79.234.80:8500

*Fixed

Last edited by Lagzilla; 06-25-2017 at 07:45 PM..
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 06-25-2017, 06:27 PM   #33
Mailbox
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 30
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Starts at 6:00PM EST, IP: 208.79.234.80:18500
I believe the port number is 8500.

So yup, Assault Night has started, although it's just me and pOOty atm.
Mailbox is offline  
Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #34
Mailbox
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 30
Default
Reply With Quote


Welp, it seems to have finished already unfortunately.

Not many people showed up. We had a maximum of 7 players, I believe. Perhaps we chose bad maps that didn't retain players.

Of the games with 4+ players, here were the results:

The Door - Red wins
Convoy - Red wins fairly easily
Mushroom Kingdom - Voted out
Temple of Boom - Red (dimshade) wins

I do wonder why the attendance was low this time around. Perhaps because it's a Sunday?

We should get the AS server set up with the new maps, though.
Mailbox is offline  
Old 06-26-2017, 01:13 AM   #35
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 255
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbox View Post
Welp, it seems to have finished already unfortunately.

Not many people showed up. We had a maximum of 7 players, I believe. Perhaps we chose bad maps that didn't retain players.

Of the games with 4+ players, here were the results:

The Door - Red wins
Convoy - Red wins fairly easily
Mushroom Kingdom - Voted out
Temple of Boom - Red (dimshade) wins

I do wonder why the attendance was low this time around. Perhaps because it's a Sunday?

We should get the AS server set up with the new maps, though.
Yeah I totally missed it. I had too much stuff going on today. Maybe weeknight might be better?
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 06-26-2017, 01:46 AM   #36
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,515
Default
Reply With Quote


Summer is generally a bad time to do stuff like this. We also usually advertise on HoC, where many of the players come from.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 06-26-2017, 03:35 AM   #37
duh
www.gotse.cx
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 75
Default
Reply With Quote


Only had time for one game, but it was a blast and can't wait for next time. Hopefully we'll have more people.
duh is offline  
Old 06-26-2017, 04:20 AM   #38
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...
 
Anonymous[Lolz]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 868
Default
Reply With Quote


I forgot again
Anonymous[Lolz] is offline  
Old 06-26-2017, 01:20 PM   #39
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Michigan
Posts: 173
Default
Reply With Quote


Yeah I didn't play very long. Family and such kept interfering and keeping me from getting back on....
{glr}pooty is offline  
Old 06-27-2017, 06:23 AM   #40
analog
Community Veteran

 
analog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Red Sox Nation
Posts: 2,683
Default
Reply With Quote


I played until Mushroom and my UT crashed and crashed again when I tried to rejoin, I was going to come back on the map change but I got distracted
analog is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:00 PM.