Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 09-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Default Map with all the Omni Vehicles

This map has been updated with all the new vehicles that weren't on it before. I thought it might be useful to other mappers if they had a map with all
the latest versions of the vehicles used on the Omni servers. Most of the vehicles are already embedded into the map and can just be copied and pasted.
There are a few custom weapons as well.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zc...t_Map_2013.zip

Credits: Wormbo, LIPRampage, and too many others to name.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #2
hardspike
Server Admin

That's very cool! I'm not a mapper but I think it might be fun to join the map and just fart around in the showroom Is there a jumpad to get to the flyers on the shelves? Also, are the 4 "mantas" all Short Circuits with different colors? We need more Short Circuits in Omni maps!!!!
Old 09-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #3
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

That's cool TK. I'm not a mapper, but thanks for your passion; it's a great help to keep UT2K4 alive and rockin' !

Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardspike View Post
That's very cool! I'm not a mapper but I think it might be fun to join the map and just fart around in the showroom Is there a jumpad to get to the flyers on the shelves? Also, are the 4 "mantas" all Short Circuits with different colors? We need more Short Circuits in Omni maps!!!!
Yes, this is a functional Onslaught map with power nodes and cores you can wreak havoc on with over 80 completely different vehicles. There is a jumppad for each flyer shelf. The blue Manta is a Short Circuit, the other three are similar variants from LIPRampage's manta pack. They will be part of my Evergreen map edit and I believe Binger was talking about putting them in his Lolkheim map edit.
Old 09-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Wormbo
Wormlike

Basilisk is missing.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
...The blue Manta is a Short Circuit, the other three are similar variants from LIPRampage's manta pack. They will be part of my Evergreen map edit and I believe Binger was talking about putting them in his Lolkheim map edit.
Yes I will put one or all of them on Lolkheim but they are strong so balance will be important. I wish Rampage would change the lights on the Short Circuit to something that isn't a team color. I think purple would be good. I posted in the thread for these in the Epic forums but he hasn't responded.

They are a blast. Try them out on this loadout map.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #7
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Yes I will put one or all of them on Lolkheim but they are strong so balance will be important. I wish Rampage would change the lights on the Short Circuit to something that isn't a team color. I think purple would be good. I posted in the thread for these in the Epic forums but he hasn't responded.

They are a blast. Try them out on this loadout map.
He finally responded on the Epic forums. It didn't seem like he was going to make any adjustments soon.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #8
Binger

Quote:
He finally responded on the Epic forums. It didn't seem like he was going to make any adjustments soon.
Looks like he is okay with the idea of changing the light colors on the SC though, so that's cool. I'm interested to see what he comes up with for more Manta versions.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:59 PM   #9
Belguer
Just Registered

Quote:
This map has been updated with all the new vehicles that weren't on it before. I thought it might be useful to other mappers if they had a map with all
the latest versions of the vehicles used on the Omni servers. Most of the vehicles are already embedded into the map and can just be copied and pasted.
There are a few custom weapons as well.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/zc...t_Map_2013.zip

Credits: Wormbo, LIPRampage, and too many others to name.
Greetings, I am new here, I have a doubt and would be grateful if you could answer me. I downloaded this map with new vehicles as shown in this link, I would like to know how can I use these vehicles in another map of my choice. I'm a little layman but would be grateful if you could guide me. I appreciate if you can help me.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #10
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belguer View Post
Greetings, I am new here, I have a doubt and would be grateful if you could answer me. I downloaded this map with new vehicles as shown in this link, I would like to know how can I use these vehicles in another map of my choice. I'm a little layman but would be grateful if you could guide me. I appreciate if you can help me.
Hello Belguer.

How familiar are you with the editor? Have you done any work at all in it?
Old 05-20-2017, 04:45 PM   #11
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

There are three options to do that:

1. Edit the map and save it under an other unique name.
2. Many of them come with vehicle replacement mutators. (You have to load the mutator files for that.)
3. Using "JCB Content Mania" when creating a server.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:14 PM   #12
Belguer
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Hello Belguer.

How familiar are you with the editor? Have you done any work at all in it?
Hello friend and thanks for listening.

I have a vague knowledge of the editor, but if you can guide me I will try to carry out the process. What most desire is to learn how to use these vehicles on any map of my choice since I love this game and have fun with some friends here nearby and also alone, even offline. Again I'm gratefu
Old 06-13-2017, 10:00 PM   #13
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

You can copy and paste them from map to another, but you'll need to give your friends the vehicle files or add them to ServerPackages. If you are editing a stock map, you must rename it or you will have a mismatch online.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:34 PM   #14
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belguer View Post
Hello friend and thanks for listening.

I have a vague knowledge of the editor, but if you can guide me I will try to carry out the process. What most desire is to learn how to use these vehicles on any map of my choice since I love this game and have fun with some friends here nearby and also alone, even offline. Again I'm gratefu
Miauz and Anon covered it but we can walk you through any part you need. It sounds like a mutator might be a good choice but if you know what vehicles you want to put in what maps then the basics are; In the editor, open the map with the vehicles then right click the vehicle and copy it, then open the map you want to put it in and right click a surface and click paste (there are some options there I forget right now). Make sure your grid snap is set to a low number. Play around with that. You can go into side and top views to rotate it (ctrl+right mouse I think). If you get that to work and have trouble with something like missing files or build errors then let us know.

I don't know anything about Miauz's third option. Do you run a server Belguer? How do you play with other people near you?
Old 06-14-2017, 03:39 PM   #15
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

It's a mutator.. you can put things to a map ingame without editing it.. like triggers, staticmeshes, vehicles, monsters.. and so on.

There is a fourth methode:The summon command. You can summon every vehicle with the clasename.
Like that nice thing: lightning energy distributor

Old 06-15-2017, 06:55 PM   #16
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
It's a mutator.. you can put things to a map ingame without editing it.. like triggers, staticmeshes, vehicles, monsters.. and so on.

There is a fourth methode:The summon command. You can summon every vehicle with the clasename.
Like that nice thing: lightning energy distributor

I wish this worked in network games.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught