Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2017, 08:26 AM   #1
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

 
Carpe Diem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,577
Default ONS-StarReach-)o(Edition-V4
Reply With Quote


Now on the server and redirect. Available here for pre-download.

As usual, thanks to TK for the edit and to Oily (WMD40) for his testing.

Why don't you fill the masses in on the "minor quality of life" upgrades TK ?
__________________
Black holes are where God divided by 0. - Steven Wright






Carpe Diem is offline  
Old 05-04-2017, 08:33 AM   #2
SMOKER
Up in Smoke
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 332
Default
Reply With Quote


i didnt see it on the server ?
SMOKER is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 12:37 AM   #3
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,486
Default
Reply With Quote


Changes:

- Removed the Classic Sniper from all lockers and added it as a pickup to the center roof
- Removed one of the Aegii from the center node and the enclosed primaries (should speed up the matches a bit)
- Removed the Badger from the center nodes' rooftops
- Removed the Ballista
- Removed the lower 'Deemer

The goal behind these changes was to simultaneously make comebacks and two-point victories easier. There were too many stalemates where a much stronger team would hold the center, but couldn't make a two point victory, while the weaker team had no chance of a comeback. Now each team gets one redeemer instead of the winning team getting three, and there will no longer be a Badger headglitching at the top of the side towers, preventing attackers from getting close.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie


 
KillerDoggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 394
Default
Reply With Quote


An extra manta would sure be a nice game changer. It would give the losing team a chance to attack from the rear, especially if some noob jumped out of your one manta to try a start node 3 or 5 and got it stolen! It could spawn at the fallen tower primaries. Just a thought.
__________________
Freakin' bots!
KillerDoggie is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 06:35 PM   #5
Turbo K
Community Veteran

 
Turbo K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,486
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
An extra manta would sure be a nice game changer. It would give the losing team a chance to attack from the rear, especially if some noob jumped out of your one manta to try a start node 3 or 5 and got it stolen! It could spawn at the fallen tower primaries. Just a thought.
Or have the one Manta respawn faster/be easier to get up to. I hate shield-gunning up to the Manta platform just in time to see someone jet off in it.
Turbo K is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 07:30 PM   #6
JohnSmallBerries
Fancy Man

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Round Rock, Texas (near Austin)
Posts: 161
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Or have the one Manta respawn faster/be easier to get up to. I hate shield-gunning up to the Manta platform just in time to see someone jet off in it.
This is a good one. I second this.
JohnSmallBerries is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...
 
Anonymous[Lolz]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: New York State
Posts: 857
Default
Reply With Quote


May as well add a Wyvern and noskillz translocator.
Anonymous[Lolz] is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 10:02 PM   #8
JohnSmallBerries
Fancy Man

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Round Rock, Texas (near Austin)
Posts: 161
Default
Reply With Quote


Well maybe just the one manta should be easier to get to. It's kind of a pain having it up on the roof like that.
JohnSmallBerries is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 10:54 PM   #9
hardspike
Server Admin


 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 1,086
Default
Reply With Quote


I don't mind it on the roof so much. What I mind is that there's not enough teamwork with the Manta. It's really awesome to get one player on top of it, have the driver pick up a deemer then fly off to a node... the driver can bail and fire deemer and player on top take over, swing back around, etc.
hardspike is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 01:40 AM   #10
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 231
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Changes:

- Removed the Classic Sniper from all lockers and added it as a pickup to the center roof
- Removed one of the Aegii from the center node and the enclosed primaries (should speed up the matches a bit)
- Removed the Badger from the center nodes' rooftops
- Removed the Ballista
- Removed the lower 'Deemer

The goal behind these changes was to simultaneously make comebacks and two-point victories easier. There were too many stalemates where a much stronger team would hold the center, but couldn't make a two point victory, while the weaker team had no chance of a comeback. Now each team gets one redeemer instead of the winning team getting three, and there will no longer be a Badger headglitching at the top of the side towers, preventing attackers from getting close.
The easier comeback was definitely noticeable when I played it. Nice edit. I usually felt pretty helpless on this map before.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 03:02 PM   #11
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 727
Default
Reply With Quote


The biggest issue I have with this map is kinda eliminated with this edit. One sided matches draw out, now they don't.
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 05-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #12
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie


 
KillerDoggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, Ca
Posts: 394
Default
Reply With Quote


Getting to the roof Manta is no big deal, low grav map, jump to core cage roof then over to building roof. Spawn time is a little long, but the extra manta would go a long way IMO. If your team loses the Manta to the opposition your pretty screwed.
__________________
Freakin' bots!
KillerDoggie is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.