Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2016, 03:46 AM   #21
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.
 
Miauz55555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 115
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by dimshade View Post
mutate tossrelic doesn't seem to to work for me. Are others able to use it successfully?
Of course it will not work when the mutator isn't installed and activated on the server. But you can "toss" them by typing suicide inside your console.
Miauz55555 is offline  
Old 09-14-2016, 12:26 PM   #22
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 727
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
Of course it will not work when the mutator isn't installed and activated on the server. But you can "toss" them by typing suicide inside your console.
Good to know, thanks for telling us. That explains why it works on my test server and not on Omni. I am gonna reconfig the server to match Omni's setup to avoid issues like that in the future.

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 09-23-2016, 12:12 AM   #23
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 231
Default
Reply With Quote


Played the map for the first time tonight. Was pretty cool. Looking forward to trying it with a full server. Also all the extra new gadgets are fun.

Question: What does the mirage manta do other than its primary fire lasers and look cool? Is there some special feature I'm missing or is most of the change cosmetic?

Also this is the most minor thing ever but one of the outer nodes is misspelled as "outter"

Thanks for putting in the time, the map variations are always fun to have.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 09-23-2016, 12:56 PM   #24
Terminator
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 743
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Played the map for the first time tonight. Was pretty cool. Looking forward to trying it with a full server. Also all the extra new gadgets are fun.

Question: What does the mirage manta do other than its primary fire lasers and look cool? Is there some special feature I'm missing or is most of the change cosmetic?

Also this is the most minor thing ever but one of the outer nodes is misspelled as "outter"

Thanks for putting in the time, the map variations are always fun to have.
Think of it this way; the Ford Expedition is currently in its third generation; the Honda Accord is currently in its ninth generation. Every few years, an auto manufacturer creates a new generation of a car model with the intent of it being better than the previous version. We also see this with televisions, refrigerators, etc. In UT, its no different. Whoever created the MM had the intent creating a better version of the stock manta, and they succeeded. The Mirage Manta and the stock Manta both do 30 dmg per plasma bolt. The MM has 350 hp compared to 200 for the stock Manta. The fate of fire is the same, if not the same then its close. The MM is quicker than the Manta and it came jump higher.
Terminator is offline  
Old 09-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #25
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 231
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Think of it this way; the Ford Expedition is currently in its third generation; the Honda Accord is currently in its ninth generation. Every few years, an auto manufacturer creates a new generation of a car model with the intent of it being better than the previous version. We also see this with televisions, refrigerators, etc. In UT, its no different. Whoever created the MM had the intent creating a better version of the stock manta, and they succeeded. The Mirage Manta and the stock Manta both do 30 dmg per plasma bolt. The MM has 350 hp compared to 200 for the stock Manta. The fate of fire is the same, if not the same then its close. The MM is quicker than the Manta and it came jump higher.
Yeah I understand that, I was just wondering if there was some feature i was missing that was related to it's name and ghost look (invisibility, vampire health or something like that). If it's just a slightly more powerful manta that's cool too.
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH is offline  
Old 09-23-2016, 02:05 PM   #26
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 727
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH View Post
Played the map for the first time tonight. Was pretty cool. Looking forward to trying it with a full server. Also all the extra new gadgets are fun.

Question: What does the mirage manta do other than its primary fire lasers and look cool? Is there some special feature I'm missing or is most of the change cosmetic?

Also this is the most minor thing ever but one of the outer nodes is misspelled as "outter"

Thanks for putting in the time, the map variations are always fun to have.


I will get the spelling issue on a future edit. The vehicle randomizer seems to be "randomizing" fire tanks at the tank node. It's weird that the side node mantas don't have this issue, it did not happen originally and has never happened like that on the test server. Weird.

Thanks for the feedback!

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 09-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #27
Castiel
Just Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 27
Default
Reply With Quote


Lag,

Come on.. I mean only a douche could make such a mistake... No really dude.. The map is great don't sweat it bro. Great job
Castiel is offline  
Old 09-24-2016, 12:16 AM   #28
Lagzilla
Getting there...
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 727
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Castiel View Post
Lag,

Come on.. I mean only a douche could make such a mistake... No really dude.. The map is great don't sweat it bro. Great job
No spell check in the editor!

Thanks!!

Andrew
Lagzilla is offline  
Old 09-24-2016, 04:01 PM   #29
Binger
.

 
Binger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,188
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
The vehicle randomizer seems to be "randomizing" fire tanks at the tank node.
You mean it's using different versions of the Fire Tank? Which ones is it using? I see you have the flametank in there. I think the newer version is called the firetank. Very weird if it's throwing that one in as it has a different file name.
Binger is offline  
Old 05-03-2017, 03:15 PM   #30
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

 
Sumugan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Miami, FL. USA, Terra Firma
Posts: 268
Default
Reply With Quote


Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Thanks! I appreciate it. Hopefully it is fun for a larger group. It's odd too, which may be a change up. Anyways, thanks.


Andrew
You Rock Andy! Many Thanks!
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Reply


Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.