Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Old 02-27-2017, 11:14 AM   #61
TheSage
Shredder of Reality

I had a great time and the best part was seeing some )o(s come back from the dead. I didn't even realize meatball still knew how to use the internet!

Maybe we should try making this a monthly or quarterly thing?
Old 02-27-2017, 10:24 PM   #62
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

I'd like to go on record saying there should've been more definitive posts about the date/time.

I'm pissed off that I didn't get to attend.
Old 02-27-2017, 10:29 PM   #63
Flounder
Server Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbye View Post
I'd like to go on record saying there should've been more definitive posts about the date/time.

I'm pissed off that I didn't get to attend.
As am I.

I needed someone to make me look good by comparison.
Old 02-28-2017, 07:42 AM   #64
analog
Community Veteran

At one point, the ONS server was full and the AS server was more than half full and the server wasn't having any issues and load stayed in the 40% - 60% range.

Maybe now with the updated server we should just keep the AS server up
Old 02-28-2017, 08:34 AM   #65
Colbye
YouTube.com/user/WColbyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
At one point, the ONS server was full and the AS server was more than half full and the server wasn't having any issues and load stayed in the 40% - 60% range.

Maybe now with the updated server we should just keep the AS server up
I'd be happy to help fund a 24/7 AS server. It will help cope with the trauma of missing the fun last Saturday (or whenever it was.)
Old 02-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #66
Terminator
Getting there...

For me, the AS server runs better than the reg server.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:30 AM   #67
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colbye View Post
I'd be happy to help fund a 24/7 AS server.
Ditto. Sorry I missed the AS night

A
Old 03-03-2017, 12:49 PM   #68
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I'd be down for a full-time assault server in addition to the ons
Old 03-10-2017, 08:54 PM   #69
Mailbox
Just Registered

Same congratulatory feelings about this night as well. I also played from Jumpship-Thunderstrom, so I'll do an additional report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
Best of all - 5 different original )o( members showed up to show their AS love!
For reference sake, the five )o( members were Proxi, Meatball, TheSage, BeBop, and Analog (?).

Jumpship - Blue won
Stats: http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096324
Red Team: Adolytsi, D_B_X, Flounder, Mailbox, )o(Meatball, YummyBanana
Blue Team: )o(Analog, FuzzySlippers, )o(Proxi, SoapyMacNCheese, Turbo_K
Notes: Blue was generally able to hold objectives much longer than Red could. Both teams successfully attacked, but Blue was able to do so faster.

Aswan - Red won
Stats: http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096356
Red Team: D_B_X, Flounder, FuzzySlippers, Mailbox, Martian, Miauz55555, )o(Proxi
Blue Team: Adolytsi, )o(Analog, )o(Meatball, SoapyMacNCheese, Turbo_K, YummyBanana
Notes: Blue didn't defend the initial sun prisms, while Red stalled a lot of time defending their first one.

ChaosExtended - Blue won
Red Team: Binger, D_B_X, duh, Flounder, FuzzySlippers, Mailbox, Martian, )o(Meatball
Blue Team: )o(Analog, Bluduck, Miauz55555, )o(Proxi, SoapyMacNCheese, )o(TheSage
Notes: I'm still not sure what happened when Red didn't drive the Ion Tank down the elevator for something like two minutes. We also didn't push through the ion cannon section as fast as blue did.

Warmachines[Race] - Red won
http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096461
Red Team: )o(Analog, FuzzySlippers, Flounder, Mailbox, Martian (partially), )o(Meatball, )o(Proxi, )o(TheSage
Blue Team: )o(Bebop, Binger, dimshade, duh, Miauz5555, SoapyMacNCheese, YummyBanana
Notes: Red was able to secure the objectives without significant Blue defense. Red was able to defend the first objective with Hellbenders for the entirety of the second round.

Fortress-JMP - Red won
http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096528
Red Team: D_B_X, dimshade, duh, Flounder, FuzzySlippers, Mailbox, Turbo_K
Blue Team: )o(Analog, )o(Bebop, )o(Meatball, Miauz5555, )o(Proxi, )o(TheSage
Notes: "5 )o('s vs a dimshade - about even" -)o(Analog
Red was able to move faster than Blue with objectives.

BritishBulldogv2 - Voted out (score was Red 3-1 Blue)
http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096547
Red Team: Binger, )o(Bebop, dimshade, Flounder, )o(Meatball, Miauz5555
Blue Team: )o(Analog (dipped out from this map early), Bluduck, D_B_X, duh, Mailbox (switched from Red towards end), )o(Proxi, Turbo_K
Notes: A gimmicky map that I personally advocated for, I was enjoying just seeing people flying all over the place as some attempt was made to play the objective. It was voted out at the beginning of the second round, as 20 minutes of doing the same thing got stale.

ChocolateFactoryFudge - Red won
http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096587
Red Team: )o(Bebop, dox, JohnSmallBerries (towards the end), Mailbox, )o(Meatball, Miauz5555 (left after successful attack), )o(Proxi
Blue Team: Binger, Bluduck (switched from Red towards end of second round), D_B_X, dimshade, Flounder, Turbo_K
Notes: Blue may be able to ram into our factory. Blue may able to shut down our chocolate machines, but they will not take our toilet paper!
(There was a good back and forth on this map, honestly)

Thunderstrom - Red won
http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096648
Red Team: Bluduck (left early), D_B_X, Mailbox, Terminator
Blue Team: )o(Meatball, JohnSmallBerries, )o(Proxi
Notes: Another good back and forth. On the second half, Blue was pushing faster than Red did up until the low-grav shooting range, where Red was able to hold for a considerable amount of time.

"I'm good at this part!" -Terminator

The extra time taken for that objective was enough to secure the defense for Red.

AS-Do)o(msDay - Red won (if that matters)
http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096705
Red Team: JohnSmallBerries, Mailbox
Blue Team: UmberGryphon (left early)
Notes: The last map of the night, the sole blue team member left 5 minutes in, making this map an easy sweep. Everyone was gone by the end of the second half.

All in all, it was fun times. I think it'd be best if the assault server were left on during weekends, but have designated assault nights on the server every month or quarter.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-11-2017, 06:36 AM   #70
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Nice summary Mailbox.

I think on ChaosExtended blue lost there IonTank a fwe times more than red. You can see the half match in the demo I posted a fwe posts down. And nearly the whole red team was linking our IonCannon so it takes a bit longer for blue. And wasn't the blue IonTank stucking somewhere?
You forget the epic stats from Chaos: http://ut2004stats.epicgames.com/mat...match=67096396
On a side note: If you want to keep the detailed match stats you need to download/print/collect them.. they will disappear after a random time.

I'm all for a PuG in quarters or so when it starts a bit earlier.
Old 03-11-2017, 07:15 AM   #71
analog
Community Veteran

The AS server has been running since this AS night and there hasn't been any issues so I don't see why it can't continue.

I do think we should designate some day once a month or one every other month or something as AS night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailbox View Post

All in all, it was fun times. I think it'd be best if the assault server were left on during weekends, but have designated assault nights on the server every month or quarter.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #72
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
And wasn't the blue IonTank stucking somewhere?
I don't really know Chaos very well so one time when the objective changed and for some reason I couldn't teleport to the new spawns I decided to walk there instead of doing a suicide. Eventually I came across our Ion tank way down at the bottom of a shaft. No one seemed to know it was there. I think this was after the ramp part with the Ion cannon.

analog, when the Assault server used to be up all the time a few years ago there was a problem with jumping on alone and hoping someone else would join. Unless I specified team preference I would always be put on defense. On so many maps the bots would not attack so I would try to switch teams but couldn't. What happens is if you try to switch teams you have to wait for a bot on the other team to die before you click to spawn, otherwise it switches you back. This is the same on the Onslaught server but on the Assault server since the attacking bots aren't actually attacking they never die. I think it's because of the "bots balance teams" setting. I've also seen where there was two of us on the same team on defense and only bots on offense that weren't attacking and neither of us could switch. The only way around it that I could find was to quit the match then set my team preference to the attacking team then rejoin the match. If you could set the server up so that players can freely switch teams if they are the only ones on the server that would be great. There's no reason to have any kind of forced balance on the Assault server. I think the players on there are good at keeping an eye on things and manually switching for balance and make sure the defenders don't have more players than attackers. It's also fun some times when there is an odd number of players to play humans vs bots.

D_B_X made a good list of maps where the bots actually do something...

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showpos...7&postcount=54
Old 03-12-2017, 10:49 AM   #73
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

I double Bingers post and also TurboKs where he suggest to lower the map repeate rate to 1 or 2 for the AS server.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault