Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 10-25-2011, 06:07 PM   #21
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

Figured it out, I didn't properly set vehicle locking.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:22 PM   #22
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

Okay, thought I had set something wrong, but the vehicles aren't getting locked at all. I've tried fiddling with NotLockedForTeam and StaticTeamNum but spawned vehicles stay unlocked.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:42 AM   #23
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

Can you send me the map? There is actually no reason why it should do this.

EDIT: Did you set bUseStaticTeams to true maybe?

This happens in my factory:
Code:
if (bUseStaticTeams || bIndependentFactory)
        TeamNum = StaticTeamNum;

/* Spawn it now! */
if (TeamNum == 255)
{
    if (bRandomFlip && Rand(2) == 1)
        LastSpawned = spawn(VehicleClass,,,Location, Rotation + BlueRot);
    else
        LastSpawned = spawn(VehicleClass,,,Location, Rotation);

LastSpawned.bTeamLocked = false; // Unlock neutral vehicles.
}

/* Set attributes of the spawned vehicle */
if (LastSpawned != None)
{
    VehicleCount++;
    LastSpawned.ParentFactory = self;
    LastSpawned.SetTeamNum(TeamNum);
    LastSpawned.bTeamLocked = False;

// Apply bTeamLocked, if specified for a team.
    if (NotLockedForTeam != 255)
        if (LastSpawned.Team != NotLockedForTeam)
            LastSpawned.bTeamLocked = True;

[…]
}
I think the "NotLockedForTeam != 255" check might be the problem. What the hell was I thinking anyway to declare that "normal ONS"? :X

Last edited by Crusha K. Rool; 10-26-2011 at 01:57 AM..
Old 10-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #24
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
Can you send me the map? There is actually no reason why it should do this.

EDIT: Did you set bUseStaticTeams to true maybe?
http://www.mediafire.com/?k181hca7askica6

bIndependentFactory and bUseStaticTeams are both false.

Quote:
I think the "NotLockedForTeam != 255" check might be the problem. What the hell was I thinking anyway to declare that "normal ONS"? :X
Looks like you're right -- I set NotLockedForTeam to 254 and it started locking vehicles like normal ONS factories. Works as a temporary workaround for now, anyway!
Old 10-26-2011, 02:44 PM   #25
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

Already fixed the issue (and the one with the radar fading) but will first check if two other Actors (VIPlayerEventGate and InstigatorModifier) actually do what they are supposed to do before releasing a new download of the tools.

If you want can you myLevel the stuff for now.
Old 11-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #26
Binger

If I want to use this in a map do I need to myLevel it? What about the StaticMesh and Textures files that come with it. If I myLevel the system file and those other two files are in the correct folders will it myLevel them as well or will they need to be downloaded by someone wanting to play the map? If they will need to be downloaded are they already on the Omni redirect?
Old 11-17-2016, 08:26 PM   #27
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
If I want to use this in a map do I need to myLevel it? What about the StaticMesh and Textures files that come with it. If I myLevel the system file and those other two files are in the correct folders will it myLevel them as well or will they need to be downloaded by someone wanting to play the map? If they will need to be downloaded are they already on the Omni redirect?
I'd recommend always myleveling .u files when the option is available. I wouldn't worry about the static mesh and texture files, but include them with the map download just in case.
Old 11-18-2016, 06:15 AM   #28
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Quote:
[...] What about the StaticMesh and Textures files that come with it. If I myLevel the system file and those other two files are in the correct folders will it myLevel them as well or will they need to be downloaded by someone wanting to play the map? [...]
When you MyLevel things than you always does it just for the specific file which you MyLevel.. So when you MyLevel a .u-file than that is in your map when you want a .utx or others than you have to do it for everything seperate.
To qoute GLoups! here:
Quote:
It's possible to mylevel Textures from any packages, also sounds, animations [...]. [...] , just go in the correponding browser and in the menu edit, rename, change name package to mylevel (must be in use) then when you close unrealed you must say NO to the saving message for not altered the package source.
Also you will may put a fitting Name in the Goup and make a full rebuild before saving and closing the editor.

If you want to use the vehiclefactory: You may want to change the defaultvalue for "UltimateONSFactory -> NotLockedForTeam" from 255 (free for all; That would make BaseLaming very efective when you can steal the Mino from the enemy Base. Than you can name the Map: MTMUBFTTOTIYM MinusTankMeUpBeFasterThanTheOtherTeamInYourMino ) to maybe 254 or
Quote:
[...] 0 will always lock this for Blue, 1 always for Red
(Crusha)
Old 11-18-2016, 02:10 PM   #29
Binger

Thanks Miauz. I didn't know you could myLevel stuff just by changing the package name. Cool.

I don't necessarily want to myLevel the texture and sm package. I was just wondering if it would automatically happen. I'm not sure it would work anyway. If the MappingTools file is used to looking for them in a certain place and I myLevel them will the Tools still be able to find them? I've wondered about that before. Like if I have a weapon that uses a certain texture and I myLevel both the weapon and the texture will the weapon look in myLevel first for the texture? No biggy, though. I will just include any needed files. They should already be on the redirect, I'm guessing, because there are maps already on the server that use the MappingTools.

I definitely won't be setting vehicles to never lock. I would be more likely to set them to never unlock for the enemy (which it appears can also be done). Funny idea though.

Edit: Sorry, Miauz, I misunderstood. I thought you were suggesting that I do the opposite of what you were actually suggesting. I understand now.

Last edited by Binger; 11-18-2016 at 03:48 PM..
Old 11-19-2016, 07:58 AM   #30
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
I'd recommend always myleveling .u files when the option is available. I wouldn't worry about the static mesh and texture files, but include them with the map download just in case.
If other mappers see something in a map and want to use it in their own, it's a pain in the ass to get embedded .u files over into their map, though.
(I've been so frustrated in the past just trying to get hold of some of the )o(-vehicles because I could not just extract them from the cache. It's especially painful if the textures and meshes are provided in packages but the code isn't.)

On the other side you run into problems when coders start publishing updated versions of their stuff but don't change the package name. You are guaranteed to run into version mismatches then.

Also, I should really try getting version 2 of this released at some point. I've added quite a lot of stuff back then that was not included in the first release. All that ever kept me from doing it was that I didn't really get one feature finished because I suck at particle systems. :/
Old 11-19-2016, 02:23 PM   #31
Binger

Crusha! I thought you were gone for good.

I know it's no biggy but I got this when embedding the Tools.

Cmd: obj load file=UltimateMappingTools.u package=myLevel
Log: New File, Existing Package (Package myLevel, Package UltimateMappingTools)
Warning: Missing Cubemap Cubemap AW-Cubes.Cubes.PS_Cube
Warning: Missing TexEnvMap TexEnvMap AW-Cubes.Cubes.SunC

You did figure out how to get the code for embedded vehicles, right?
Old 11-19-2016, 02:53 PM   #32
Crusha K. Rool
Crocodile | Map-Modder

It's been so long, so I can't really make any heads or tails with those error messages anymore. I am definitely not using these textures actively, but I think there always were one or two that would pop up as error and should just be ignored. Might be related to the meshes being used to preview VehicleFactory actors.

Well, when I wanted to use an embedded vehicle in another map, I'd just load the map with the original vehicle first and then the destination map. That would keep it loaded. Didn't bother getting its actual code, though.
Old 11-19-2016, 05:42 PM   #33
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Warning: Missing Cubemap Cubemap AW-Cubes.Cubes.PS_Cube
Warning: Missing TexEnvMap TexEnvMap AW-Cubes.Cubes.SunC
I think these are terrain errors of some sort. The edit of Slated I am working on does it occasionally... and I don't know why. Hell there is no terrain in it at all anymore now.

Andrew
Old 11-20-2016, 07:41 PM   #34
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
I think these are terrain errors of some sort. The edit of Slated I am working on does it occasionally... and I don't know why. Hell there is no terrain in it at all anymore now.

Andrew
They are used for adding reflections to things, iirc.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner