Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament

Old 10-06-2016, 01:21 AM   #1
Coldcut
i die better

Default Random disconnects in mass

for last few months the random disconnects while playing has been getting worse

sometimes its when folks are on mic
but lately its just random and several of us are kicked at same time.

this never happened years back . not any not at all.

it might be a bad router caching issue

or as simple as a nic going bad.

i cant count how many routers i'v retired over the last 20 yrs.

as its several of us at the same time then its not us its the server.

i upgraded everything and removed all my old cabling thinking it might be my issue.

new modem . new cable , new 4.7 ghz puter , i even had cable co replace my lines. and ran long term tests.
soo

i have some extra memory , chips, nics ,drive, ssd drive, cables. wadda need?.
take a look at your mb an make sure the caps on it are all ok , the ones around the memory. they will pooch out on top when going bad but still run sometimes.

and thanks for keepin the server running this long .
Old 10-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #2
Binger

We've been talking about this for a while. Afiak, no cause has been found.

http://forum.omnipotents.com/showthread.php?t=14864
Old 10-07-2016, 11:24 PM   #3
analog
Community Veteran

Pretty much - I'd love to have anything at all that would led to a problem but we don't have it. Some never have this problem, others do, a bunch of the ones that do drop me their IP's and they don't leave any evidence on the server they are being kicked or denied in any way. You talk about new hardware like its some server under your desk but this isn't, it's a dedicated server out at a legit ISP that we are not going to be able to get random hardware switched out on a red herring chase without some sort of proof that there is a issue, of which there isn't.

Start posting whatever you can when something happens, if you get disconnected, post the end of your UT log, do a traceroute to the server after a disconnect etc - anything to try to give us some more info, all the hardware is managed, give some proof of any issue with anything and I'll get the ISP to deal with it in a heartbeat, but unless we have something to tell/show them, we are not going to get anyway, they are going to blame game settings (and I'm not sure they are not wrong).

Was there any disconnect issues when we did AS night on the same server? If enough people are that have a problem are willing to test, I'd be happy to bring the ONS server up on a different machine and test for a night to see if there is any difference.
Old 10-09-2016, 04:45 PM   #4
Turbo K
Community Veteran

For the past couple months I've never been able to finish a round of either Junkyard maps without getting lagged out. I originally thought the disconnects on these maps were just a coincidence because they get played so much, but it's been a long time now and I consistently get disconnected only on Dria-TMU and the Junkyards. My suggestion to help alleviate the disconnect issue is:

1) Temporarily remove ONS-Arctic-Junkyard and ONS-Desert-Junkyard from the server. (no big deal, there are plenty of other tank maps)

2) I'll create a "Lite" version of Dria-TMU to temporarily replace the current version. The Stealth Badger and Colored Ion tank generate a massive amount of server errors. These two vehicles are very popular on the three listed maps above and might be encouraging the disconnects.

3) We wait three weeks and see if there is a reduction in server disconnects.
Old 10-10-2016, 03:15 AM   #5
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
For the past couple months I've never been able to finish a round of either Junkyard maps without getting lagged out. I originally thought the disconnects on these maps were just a coincidence because they get played so much, but it's been a long time now and I consistently get disconnected only on Dria-TMU and the Junkyards. My suggestion to help alleviate the disconnect issue is:

1) Temporarily remove ONS-Arctic-Junkyard and ONS-Desert-Junkyard from the server. (no big deal, there are plenty of other tank maps)

2) I'll create a "Lite" version of Dria-TMU to temporarily replace the current version. The Stealth Badger and Colored Ion tank generate a massive amount of server errors. These two vehicles are very popular on the three listed maps above and might be encouraging the disconnects.

3) We wait three weeks and see if there is a reduction in server disconnects.

I ran Arctic Junkyard V2 on my server and found these errors.

Stealth Badger:
Warning: StealthBadger ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger (Function Engine.Vehicle.TakeDamage:0291) Accessed None 'Game'
Error: StealthBadger ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger (Function ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger.PostNetReceive:006D) Accessed array 'WeaponPawns' out of bounds (0/0)
Warning: StealthBadger ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger (Function ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger.PostNetReceive:006D) Accessed None 'WeaponPawns'
Warning: StealthBadger ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger (Function ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger.PostNetReceive:0075) Accessed None 'Gun'
Warning: StealthBadger ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger (Function ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger.PostNetReceive:0075) Accessed None
Warning: StealthBadger ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger (Function ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.StealthBadger.PostNetReceive:007D) Attempt to assign variable through None

The stealth badger is the worst. It runs erros almost non-stop when in use.

Ion Tank:
Warning: ONSIonPlasmaTank ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.ONSIonPlasmaTank (Function Engine.Vehicle.TakeDamage:0291) Accessed None 'Game'

Link Tank:
Warning: ONSLinkTankTertiaryTurret ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.ONSLinkTankTertiaryTurret (Function ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.ONSLinkTankTertiaryTurret.InstantFireMode.Spawn HitEffects:002D) Accessed None 'Owner'

This error comes up frequently when the tank is in use.

AntiTCC Errors:
Warning: AntiTCCInputMonitor Package.AntiTCCInputMonitor (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCInputMonitor.Tick:04B7) Accessed None 'Weapon'
Warning: AntiTCCInputMonitor Package.AntiTCCInputMonitor (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCInputMonitor.Tick:04E4) Accessed None 'Weapon'
Warning: AntiTCCSecurity ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.AntiTCCSecurity (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity.O48326O:01AF) Accessed None 'O59744O'
Warning: AntiTCCSecurity ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.AntiTCCSecurity (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity.O30970O:0078) Accessed None 'O86270O'
Warning: AntiTCCSecurity ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.AntiTCCSecurity (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity.O48326O:01B7) Attempt to assign variable through None

Note of these errors crop up repeatedly, but the 0597440 and O86270O error comes up far more frequently.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:52 AM   #6
Wormbo
Wormlike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
I ran Arctic Junkyard V2 on my server and found these errors.

AntiTCC Errors:
Warning: AntiTCCInputMonitor Package.AntiTCCInputMonitor (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCInputMonitor.Tick:04B7) Accessed None 'Weapon'
Warning: AntiTCCInputMonitor Package.AntiTCCInputMonitor (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCInputMonitor.Tick:04E4) Accessed None 'Weapon'
Woops, actual coding bug from my side there. (Code blindly assumes the player has a weapon - they don't e.g. while driving a vehicle.)
Should only happen when switching between fullscreen/window mode or when minimizing/unminimizing the game, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Warning: AntiTCCSecurity ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.AntiTCCSecurity (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity.O48326O:01AF) Accessed None 'O59744O'
Warning: AntiTCCSecurity ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.AntiTCCSecurity (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity.O30970O:0078) Accessed None 'O86270O'
Warning: AntiTCCSecurity ONS-ArcticJunkYard-V2.AntiTCCSecurity (Function AntiTCC2009r6.AntiTCCSecurity.O48326O:01B7) Attempt to assign variable through None

Note of these errors crop up repeatedly, but the 0597440 and O86270O error comes up far more frequently.
Not exactly sure how these fail. The O48326O ones seem to be in code to distract aimbots with fake shock projectiles. The O30970O one is part of code to hide players from radar hacks, and I think that one was a known issue.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:09 PM   #7
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Woops, actual coding bug from my side there. (Code blindly assumes the player has a weapon - they don't e.g. while driving a vehicle.)
Should only happen when switching between fullscreen/window mode or when minimizing/unminimizing the game, though.

Not exactly sure how these fail. The O48326O ones seem to be in code to distract aimbots with fake shock projectiles. The O30970O one is part of code to hide players from radar hacks, and I think that one was a known issue.
AntiTCC is on all maps, including the ones with no lag or other issues, so I wouldn't expect it to be the problem here.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #8
analog
Community Veteran

Guys, what is your netspeed set to? I ask because of this message we got from another that has been playing here for years and I'm wondering if there is anything to it?

Quote:
To follow up from last night - I joined and set my netspeed to 9500 just to be "safe." I played for about thirty minutes and nothing was happening. I set my netspeed to 13120 (what I normally have it at), and I was disconnected about 15 seconds later. I think MaxClientRate being set too low is the culprit.
Old 10-11-2016, 08:23 PM   #9
JohnSmallBerries
Fancy Man

I don't know what "netspeed" is... in my user.ini there's "ConfiguredInternetSpeed=10000" and "bDynamicNetSpeed=True". Is that what you're talking about?
Old 10-11-2016, 09:14 PM   #10
analog
Community Veteran

Yes, do you get disconnects? If so, try lowering ConfiguredInternetSpeed to something like 8000 and what is defined for MaxClientRate?

Thx
Old 10-11-2016, 10:13 PM   #11
JohnSmallBerries
Fancy Man

I did for a while, then I didn't for a long time, but I have a few times recently. I'll play with it and see if it affects my disconnects.
Old 10-12-2016, 07:05 PM   #12
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

I tried 5000 once and still got disconnected, so it might not be it. Maybe try MaxClientRate=15000 for a week or two and see if that helps? The performance impact should be minimal as most have their netspeed at 10000 or whatever the default is, and setting it via the ini to >10000 will not work, it must be set in-game via the console each map. Very few do this, probably four people on this entire server.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament