Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 04-02-2016, 03:53 PM   #41
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
Does OMNI have their own custom versions of 2tricky and ArcticStronghold?
I don't know about 2tricky. I've played it but I only have the original Tricky. I tried liking them but just couldn't.

I have an )o( and T32 version of ArcticStronghold. They were both done a long time ago and are very similar to the original. Imo, ArcticStronghold is typical thrown together, imbalanced Epic crap, ....but I think some people like it.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:53 PM   #42
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

The maps are kinda getting into a rut. Is Miami B coming out soon? I know the majority gets to choose but Desert Junkyard followed by three versions of MTMU then Arctic Junkyard; any thoughts on clean up? Last second admin map vote? I know it's a little over reactive, just sayin'...
Old 08-29-2016, 01:42 PM   #43
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

There's good maps out there, there's some nice ones on CEONS and DW....

Plus some here, like Lag, are making new ones. If I had time I'd learn to map...last time I tried it gave me a headache.
Old 08-29-2016, 11:13 PM   #44
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Sorry, I've been meaning to get some new maps ready for the server, but haven't got around to it yet.
Old 08-30-2016, 12:35 AM   #45
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Sorry, I've been meaning to get some new maps ready for the server, but haven't got around to it yet.
Is Miami one of them?
Old 08-30-2016, 01:08 AM   #46
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous[Lolz] View Post
Is Miami one of them?
I can put it on the list. You can also submit maps to The Wrecking Crew if you think they are ready.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:57 AM   #47
Anonymous[Lolz]
Getting there...

Ok thanks, I wasn't sure.
Old 08-30-2016, 09:26 PM   #48
Binger

A couple of urban maps I was reminded of by Anon's Miami edit.

The first one, ONS-AbandonedCity-V2, is large. The second one, ONS-ActionCity2-RMD-2, is smaller and not really suited for flyers. It has a tank called Quantum Goliath. It didn't test it's damage but it does shoot faster in typical RMD style.

If anyone is interested in editing these and can't find them on the internet then let me know and I will upload them.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:43 AM   #49
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Can you upload this: ONS-AbandonedCity-V2, having no luck. Got action city though...

Thanks!

Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
A couple of urban maps I was reminded of by Anon's Miami edit.

The first one, ONS-AbandonedCity-V2, is large. The second one, ONS-ActionCity2-RMD-2, is smaller and not really suited for flyers. It has a tank called Quantum Goliath. It didn't test it's damage but it does shoot faster in typical RMD style.

If anyone is interested in editing these and can't find them on the internet then let me know and I will upload them.

Old 08-31-2016, 12:55 AM   #50
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Can you upload this: ONS-AbandonedCity-V2, having no luck. Got action city though...

Thanks!

Andrew
Yeah, will do.

Here's another urban themed map, ONS-Desolate. I worked on this one a little then forgot about it. I may pick it up again but if anybody wants to then go for it. I think it's a good candidate for some Goliath IIs.

Old 08-31-2016, 08:07 AM   #51
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Thank you!

A
Old 08-31-2016, 09:02 AM   #52
Terminator
Getting there...

Abandoned City looks awesome!
Old 08-31-2016, 05:05 PM   #53
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

The reason why you can't find Abandoned City on the net is that it's not on the net. It is created by Sedoy, who is very active. You should may ask him before you start editing or hosting his map.
Anyway. He was talking a while ago that he may want to post his Abandoned City map on the Omni forum as well. We're fine with that.
I'm sure he would be happy about feedback how to improve his map. And I also think that he will be fine when Omni is hosting it and when you like it (btw it's really a cool map and the gameplay is very nice). But I doubt that he will be happy when an other person is editing it.

I will write him a message to look on this topic and the rest is up to him. But give him time to read the message and create an account here.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:37 PM   #54
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
The reason why you can't find Abandoned City on the net is that it's not on the net. It is created by Sedoy, who is very active. You should may ask him before you start editing or hosting his map.
Anyway. He was talking a while ago that he may want to post his Abandoned City map on the Omni forum as well. We're fine with that.
I'm sure he would be happy about feedback how to improve his map. And I also think that he will be fine when Omni is hosting it and when you like it (btw it's really a cool map and the gameplay is very nice). But I doubt that he will be happy when an other person is editing it.

I will write him a message to look on this topic and the rest is up to him. But give him time to read the message and create an account here.
If he is actively working on the map or still involved in map making, I won't be doing any work to it.

Andrew
Old 08-31-2016, 10:54 PM   #55
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post

My bad. I didn't realize I had gotten this from CEONSS. I remember coming in at the very end when the core was already exploding so I didn't see any of the map outside of that room. I guess I was thinking I played it on RMD, which is still probably not cool. I'll try to be careful about recommending maps I lifted from active servers if the map doesn't have a public download.

I was getting HOM in the editor so I looked and found that zoneinfo4 is in the same zone as zoneinfo0. Those zone sheets need to be made bigger.

I think it could use some changes but I would like to see it on the server as it is if Sedoy is okay with that. I played it with bots for about 30 minutes and I enjoyed it. It's a solid map. I have browsed A LOT of maps looking for candidates for the server and it's rare I find one that I think is worthy (yes I know I sound like a douche there). I'm not saying it's perfect, I don't know. It could be something I get tired of fast but I'm thinking it's more towards liking it more the more I play it.

My thoughts on changes for Sedoy would be.. I think there is too much rubble, the buildings disappear instead of fading out, and the mixture of large open maps with the cores/nodes in little rooms where you can't fit a vehicle. About that last part, I think the way it is is more suited to a fast paced map with small vehicles, which I think would be a good edit. I think it would also be good for a TMU version by removing some of the rubble, moving cores/nodes more out in the open, and keeping the ceiling for flyers under the buildings. On the fast paced version I would let flyers get above some of the lower buildings in the middle and make it a more vertical map.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:04 PM   #56
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
My bad. I didn't realize I had gotten this from CEONSS. I remember coming in at the very end when the core was already exploding so I didn't see any of the map outside of that room. I guess I was thinking I played it on RMD, which is still probably not cool. I'll try to be careful about recommending maps I lifted from active servers if the map doesn't have a public download.

I was getting HOM in the editor so I looked and found that zoneinfo4 is in the same zone as zoneinfo0. Those zone sheets need to be made bigger.

I think it could use some changes but I would like to see it on the server as it is if Sedoy is okay with that. I played it with bots for about 30 minutes and I enjoyed it. It's a solid map. I have browsed A LOT of maps looking for candidates for the server and it's rare I find one that I think is worthy (yes I know I sound like a douche there). I'm not saying it's perfect, I don't know. It could be something I get tired of fast but I'm thinking it's more towards liking it more the more I play it.

My thoughts on changes for Sedoy would be.. I think there is too much rubble, the buildings disappear instead of fading out, and the mixture of large open maps with the cores/nodes in little rooms where you can't fit a vehicle. About that last part, I think the way it is is more suited to a fast paced map with small vehicles, which I think would be a good edit. I think it would also be good for a TMU version by removing some of the rubble, moving cores/nodes more out in the open, and keeping the ceiling for flyers under the buildings. On the fast paced version I would let flyers get above some of the lower buildings in the middle and make it a more vertical map.
I trust your judgement; Is there room for a Tiamat? Would a fast Manta variant such as the Wyvern be too fast for the map? Would a Hellhound be useful? How high is the ceiling? Would Raptor and Cicada variants work on the map?
Old 09-01-2016, 02:32 PM   #57
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

I played "Downtown_XL" from the DW server last night, that was a pretty good one. It's sort of like a giant version of Rail but with vehicles
Old 09-02-2016, 12:06 PM   #58
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

I've played this before as well, and it is a lot like Rail but with vehicles and a better strategy layout. I personally bail when Rail comes up for play but Downtown holds my attention. I think it would make a great addition to the map list.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:49 PM   #59
Binger

Downtown is a remake of a UT3 map. I think it was done by Crusha and Sanchez. Their first version was a little small and cramped for me (like the original) but the XL version duplicated everything over and doubled the size.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner