Unreal Tournament Unreal Servers Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament

Old 08-12-2016, 11:22 PM   #1
vincenT
Just Registered

UT2k4 Thank You All

I'm going to be MIA for a while. I'm going to be live streaming as much as I can to try to get some good matches recorded before I leave. I just want to take a moment to say thank you to all the players who I've met during my time here.

First off let me say, this is not a goodbye post lol. I'll still be checking in from time to time. This is more of an appreciation post for all the players who keep this game going, and for the time that I've enjoyed playing on this server.

If it wasn't for the Omnipotents server and all the players who are on every night, I probably would have moved onto another game by now. I'm thankful that there is still a great online community for UT. I've played this game for so long and met so many amazing players who became friends over time. I really value the time I spend on the server with you all.

I also want to say thanks to Colbye. If it wasn't for that crazy and hilarious one hour video you posted of GTKU, none of my videos or Youtube channel would exist. Watching your videos is what inspired me to start live streaming in the first place. My original plan was to just live stream one or two matches and then call it quits. Now I'm up to about 80 videos lol. I kept the live stream going because I wanted to show other players how incredible UT 2004 still is, and the remarkable level of teamwork that I see from everybody. If the main server ever goes down, the videos and the memories will still be there.

I didn't expect that I would still be playing this game in 2016. Each time I join the server, I still have just as much fun as the first time I played the demo. Way back in 2004, I started out playing on the UMG Torlan server under the name D.E.A.D_SNIPER. That server was like a second home to me when I got into this game and I probably logged a couple hundred hours in that place. I met lots of good players there who later became my teammates on the TWL ladder. I played with my team for a few years in competitive matches and everything I've learned about this game was because of them. The greatest thing they taught me was that it is a real privilege to be able to lead a team and to always let your teammates know how much you value them. Man so many awesome memories from this game over the years, good times.

I said this before years ago to another group of players I knew, and its still true now: Its the teammates you have playing side by side with you that make all the difference.

Thank you all for making this server a great place to play,
-vincenT
https://www.youtube.com/user/mpowers123123

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament