Mappers' Corner Mappers and Modders

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner

Old 04-18-2016, 07:34 AM   #81
BoFox
Just Registered

1) Possible to fix the Biotank motion-glitching bug?
2) Let Plasmatank drive 15-20% faster (without increasing the turn rate, which is already more than fast enough)?
3) Let Alligator drive and accelerate exactly like MegaBadger (similar speed as Mino, but better acceleration)?
4) Allow Railgun tank's Railgun to penetrate through Paladin/Aegis/Turtle shields?

5) Introduce a super beefed-up SPMA that moves slower like a Basilisk or an Ion Tank, has 1200-1400HP, and has 2nd seat fire shooting out the same shockrifle/ball combos as the Aurora to defend itself from close-up encounters. The primary seat catapult fire disperses 2x as many "bombs" over a wider area, and these bombs are more powerful, doing more damage.
There could also be a Bio version of the SPMA, catapulting sticky goo over long distances?
Old 04-18-2016, 10:54 AM   #82
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoFox View Post
1) Possible to fix the Biotank motion-glitching bug?
2) Let Plasmatank drive 15-20% faster (without increasing the turn rate, which is already more than fast enough)?
3) Let Alligator drive and accelerate exactly like MegaBadger (similar speed as Mino, but better acceleration)?
4) Allow Railgun tank's Railgun to penetrate through Paladin/Aegis/Turtle shields?

5) Introduce a super beefed-up SPMA that moves slower like a Basilisk or an Ion Tank, has 1200-1400HP, and has 2nd seat fire shooting out the same shockrifle/ball combos as the Aurora to defend itself from close-up encounters. The primary seat catapult fire disperses 2x as many "bombs" over a wider area, and these bombs are more powerful, doing more damage.
There could also be a Bio version of the SPMA, catapulting sticky goo over long distances?
So when are you going to start?
Old 04-18-2016, 12:18 PM   #83
Wormbo
Wormlike

Quote:
It actually did that in an earlier version and I explicitly made it stop doing that because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Quote:
As if people don't complain about SPMA camping already, making it even tougher and stronger will create the ultimate hate vehicle. Think slightly faster Turtle or more responsive Minotaur.
You know, you could probably lobby for the Perses MAS (dubbed "Mobile Asshole Station" by a certain someone, so I assume it has quite a potential to be as annoying as the vehicle you proposed) - it features two SPMA cannons and two tank cannons for the up to four passengers and can defend itself via the driver's multi-purpose rocket launcher.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:00 PM   #84
BoFox
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
It actually did that in an earlier version and I explicitly made it stop doing that because it doesn't make a lot of sense.

As if people don't complain about SPMA camping already, making it even tougher and stronger will create the ultimate hate vehicle. Think slightly faster Turtle or more responsive Minotaur.
You know, you could probably lobby for the Perses MAS (dubbed "Mobile Asshole Station" by a certain someone, so I assume it has quite a potential to be as annoying as the vehicle you proposed) - it features two SPMA cannons and two tank cannons for the up to four passengers and can defend itself via the driver's multi-purpose rocket launcher.
Wow, it's cool how the railgun tank did that before! I don't even recall! It'd just be a cool strategy against the turtle on the mountain - the turtle would have to play hide-and-seek, or the "peeping" game that makes it feel more like a turtle.

To be frank, the SPMA camping thing has not really been a problem much at all for many years on the maps, except for the special fire SPMA on a stongehenge-like Dria map. Making the SPMA really slow - like the old turtle or the Basilisk could have balanced it out, and made it a bit more like a leviathan (slower, but more damaging). Personally, I absolutely hate to use SPMA's on any map. It's too much of a hit-or-miss, firing rate is painfully slow, and difficult to defend once attacked. It seems that many players have gotten bored with using the SPMA.

A BioSPMA that tosses huge chunks of slimy goo would be exciting for me to use, or to respond to (an awesome refresher). The original SPMA is nearly as old and boring as the Goliath. The Fire SPMA was cool, but it drove too fast, I think (and caused serious unplayable lag for some with too much graphically intensive burning fire and smoky cloud particles).

Well, my suggestions suck, don't they? You're probably tired now and don't feel up to optimism, eh? Haha. Kidding.
Old 04-18-2016, 01:19 PM   #85
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
To be frank, the SPMA camping thing has not really been a problem much at all for many years on the maps, except for the special fire SPMA on a stongehenge-like Dria map. Making the SPMA really slow - like the old turtle or the Basilisk could have balanced it out, and made it a bit more like a leviathan (slower, but more damaging). Personally, I absolutely hate to use SPMA's on any map. It's too much of a hit-or-miss, firing rate is painfully slow, and difficult to defend once attacked. It seems that many players have gotten bored with using the SPMA.

A BioSPMA that tosses huge chunks of slimy goo would be exciting for me to use, or to respond to (an awesome refresher). The original SPMA is nearly as old and boring as the Goliath. The Fire SPMA was cool, but it drove too fast, I think (and caused serious unplayable lag for some with too much graphically intensive burning fire and smoky cloud particles).

Well, my suggestions suck, don't they? You're probably tired now and don't feel up to optimism, eh? Haha. Kidding.
Arctic Junkyard has two new SPMA variants on it that are very effective if used correctly...
Old 04-18-2016, 08:47 PM   #86
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Arctic Junkyard has two new SPMA variants on it that are very effective if used correctly...
Agreed. I love the new SPMA variants.
Old 04-18-2016, 08:49 PM   #87
BoFox
Just Registered

Quote:
Cool, thanks for all the insights you've been giving me thus far. I gotta try them out!
Old 04-20-2016, 05:46 PM   #88
BoFox
Just Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormbo View Post
Hey Wormbo, I would like to take a moment here to express gratitude for the kick-@$$ new vehicles that you create. They're lots of fun to use. Thank you for epic awesomeness.

Yeah, the Perses MAS is really cool, I wish more players liked it. I'm trying to think of a popular map that a Perses would make sense in....... where there are too many AVRIL whores shooting down flying vehicles - a Perses would come in handy there, defending the core. Maybe in a revised version of Fast&Furious? Nah... but I can't think of another map.. I'm gonna keep that in mind and see if I can find any maps where a Perses would fit in well.
Old 04-21-2016, 08:34 AM   #89
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Hey Wormbo, I would like to take a moment here to express gratitude for the kick-@$$ new vehicles that you create. They're lots of fun to use. Thank you for epic awesomeness.

Yeah, the Perses MAS is really cool, I wish more players liked it. I'm trying to think of a popular map that a Perses would make sense in....... where there are too many AVRIL whores shooting down flying vehicles - a Perses would come in handy there, defending the core. Maybe in a revised version of Fast&Furious? Nah... but I can't think of another map.. I'm gonna keep that in mind and see if I can find any maps where a Perses would fit in well.
There's a map, forget the name, but it is a bunch of floating glass-like cities, four sided glass walls, with a chess-board, perhaps, like, layout.

Last edited by Sumugan; 04-21-2016 at 08:35 AM.. Reason: detail,pardon grammar
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 07-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #90
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
I don't know much about programming. I've heard of an IDE but have no experience with that. Since I was just changing some values and not actually writing any code Notepad++ and UCCMake worked fine.

I think it worked out okay. I could prattle on about the pitch angle and muzzle flashes and misaligned cameras, reticles, and the whole freaking turret but I'm done with it so...

That would be great. I would like to see what people think. I think Anon mentioned putting it on Magnanimous.

Post #60 in this thread has a link but here it is again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6dhrr1fgg...thIIa.zip?dl=0

You will need the texture package for the skin (it's in the d/l). I'm not sure how to get a texture package to embed in the map when a vehicle is embedded. I think I know how but, as some of you guys pointed out, it's better to just put texture packages on the redirect. The skin is just a texture and not a shader. I was trying to make a shader for it but then I noticed that a lot of community vehicles just used textures and I can't tell the difference so that's what I did.

Keep in mind that on a map like Gunshop the changes I made might make a big difference. Both the main gun and minigun are %100 accurate and can shoot all the way across the map. On maps like Nevermore the changes will make less of a difference.
Binger, the link doesn't work. Could you please put up a new one? I want to try the new Goliath out in my upcoming edit of ONS-DiamondSword.
Old 07-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #91
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Binger, the link doesn't work. Could you please put up a new one? I want to try the new Goliath out in my upcoming edit of ONS-DiamondSword.
Link worked for me?

Link
Old 07-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #92
Binger

Hmmm, it pulls up the correct dropbox page but I can't click anything. Let me check it out.
Old 07-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #93
Binger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
Link worked for me?

Link
Okay so it looks like Dropbox has changed and you can no longer click on the file name to download it. You have to click on the "Download" button in the upper right corner. Try that. Let me know if it works.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner