Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games

Old 10-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #21
Terminator
Getting there...

Yes that is Flounder!
Old 10-12-2015, 10:49 PM   #22
GlueEater
Getting there...

Sorry Guys, I haven't been around. Been playing a new game called Armored Warfare since it was in Pre-alpha. Obsidian created a new tank game with modern tanks and addressed many of the irritating issues that Wargaming never fixed in World of Tanks. I like it much better. Faster paced with all sorts of neat vehicles.
I would love to throw down on World of Tanks with someone if interested. Bing, if you still need help let me know. I'll check these forums over the next couple days.
For your current questions.

1. You can leave a match if your tank is destroyed and start another. If you leave before you are destroyed Wargaming will start penalizing you after one warning. For example, they will take away credits, suspend your account for a week and so on.

2. Public matches are pretty much everyone for themselves. Teamwork is, unfortunately, a rarity. If you want my honest opinion. Go down the Soviet heavy tank line. Most maps are relatively small so soviet tanks usually have the advantage. American tanks are long range snipers, French are quick and agile with weak armor but fast firing guns and the German tanks are well rounded with a bit of everything. Jap and Chinese tanks are crap. If you like speed and love to flank go for the British comet. Tier 7, I believe.

Best advice I can give... watch this guy. He's a celebrity on in WoT. Type his name "Quickybaby" and the tank you are interested in using and he does objective reviews of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFF3V8W74Y

3. Gold. Get it with hard cash. Can be used to buy all sorts of things and progress faster through the game. Silver. Used to buy tanks and modify them. To level up you need experience. get experience and silver by doing damage and capping. Keep in mind you only get so many garage slots so you will need to figure out what line you want to go down and sell off unneeded tanks.

4. F9 for screenshot if memory serves.

5. Auto aim is triggered by placing the reticle on an enemy tank and right clicking.

6. Repairing tanks at lower tiers is a waste of silver. Save it for the higher tiers when there is more at stake.

7. Same with consumables.

There are a ton of Mods to help with gameplay too. I can guide you to the best ones if you like.

Have not played World of Warships. it's not getting great reviews plus I'm loving Armored Warfare right now anyway. AW does require a decent graphics card to run it. It was built off the Crysis engine. You can also see a ton of videos about it on youtube.

We'll need to use teamspeak if we ever work together (platoon) in WoT.

Last edited by GlueEater; 10-12-2015 at 11:34 PM..
Old 10-13-2015, 12:41 AM   #23
Terminator
Getting there...

GE, I miss hearing your lovely voice. It calms me.
Old 10-13-2015, 05:55 AM   #24
tRES-gONADS
Am I getting ant better

Nice to hear from ya also Glue.The kids are good.How's my wife.....lol anyway miss ya dude.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:14 PM   #25
Lagzilla
Getting there...

When you get a few minutes, go old school and shoot at us n00bs in UT for a bit!

Andrew
Old 10-13-2015, 10:52 PM   #26
GlueEater
Getting there...

Should be a slow weekend so I'll check in on teamspeak. Prolly won't play. I knew when Tres killed me one evening it was time to retire.
I have however played a bit of UT4. Looks like it's coming along nicely. Slow but it's headed in the right direction it seems.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:55 AM   #27
Carpe Diem
seize this !! .l..

I watched that guys video. Holy FUK ! Sounds so incredibly complicated to play/know. Didn't
realize that there were that many gamers that were so into such realistic Tank Wars. Cool.

Old 10-14-2015, 06:59 PM   #28
Binger

Awesome stuff Glue. Really tired right now and don't want to think about WoT so give me a day or two and I'll get a good reply up. Thanks for the info.
Old 10-14-2015, 09:49 PM   #29
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Awesome stuff Glue. Really tired right now and don't want to think about WoT so give me a day or two and I'll get a good reply up. Thanks for the info.
You can play WoWS!!!
Old 10-18-2015, 10:18 PM   #30
GlueEater
Getting there...

Yes Carpe, these tank games are absolutely phenomenal. I've been impressed with the detail the developers put into making a deep, multilayered game that stays interesting match after match, year after year. Simply put... zooming around in bad ass little tanks is super fun.
HOWEVER, that being said the games should also come with a warning label that reads "Warning. Approximately 50-60% of the player base are complete imbeciles or just plain assholes and they will ruin your fun night after night.
Before World of Tanks I never rage quit from a game. Once I started playing it rage quitting became a weekly thing.
Basically this how things usually go down.
Out of 30 players (15 per side) half of them will do nothing but contribute an easy kill for the other team. Matchmaker randomly throws out the good and bad players until all the slots are full. Ideally the idiots would be divided up evenly but that is not how it happens. Matchmaker is not skill based. One team will end up with 10 or 11 dumbasses and the other side will end up with 4 or 5. Needless to say the matches are lopsided too often. If you are unlucky like me you will always get stuck with the idiots.
I hit my low point one day when I lost 28 games in a row. On that 28th game I killed 5 tanks myself (1/3 of the other team) while my teammates just collapsed. It has become tradition for dead players to hang around and blame the loss on the last remaining tank. Guess who that was. The last two minutes of the game were filled with insults and it sent me over the edge. I was tired of kicking ass and only having a 40 something percent win rate. I launched my cordless Logitech mouse across the room. I was at Best Buy the next day.
After that I took a long break and when I came back I made sure to distance myself as much as I could. I turned off chat. Whenever we'd go down by 4 or 5 tanks (You can't recover from this) I'd just suicide and start another match in another tank. I also made it a policy to just quit after 5 losses in a row. I had to grow thicker skin.
The games themselves are tremendous fun. The offset is that there are too many bad players that often ruin the experience. My advice to anyone starting these game is to either distance yourself like I did or join a clan and run with them It helps. DJAYT and I were in one together for a while and it was fun.

http://s1050.photobucket.com/user/Gl...klq8a.jpg.html

I uploaded a photo of what often gets me frustrated. If the picture starts out small just click forward and back and it will get big enough to see. If you look at the map in the lower right corner my entire team (except me and one other) are in the south. This map is won by sending 3 or 4 heavies south (there are several ridges that create a small passage) and having them force a stalemate while the medium and light tanks battle for the north. This is exactly what the enemy team did. Needless to say they easily won. The final score was 3-15.
Those 3 red dots are the enemy heavy tanks holding off 12 (yes 12 of my teammates). The white triangle is me and the WZ 131 is the only other intelligent light/medium tank player that understands how to win this map. Oh yeah. See all those pink dots around A5/A6 in the north? That's about 10 tanks getting ready to ass rape me and the WZ131.

Ultimately I'm not trying to steer people away. I just want you all to know the good and the bad.
Old 10-19-2015, 12:01 AM   #31
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlueEater View Post
Yes Carpe, these tank games are absolutely phenomenal. I've been impressed with the detail the developers put into making a deep, multilayered game that stays interesting match after match, year after year. Simply put... zooming around in bad ass little tanks is super fun.
HOWEVER, that being said the games should also come with a warning label that reads "Warning. Approximately 50-60% of the player base are complete imbeciles or just plain assholes and they will ruin your fun night after night.
Before World of Tanks I never rage quit from a game. Once I started playing it rage quitting became a weekly thing.
Basically this how things usually go down.
Out of 30 players (15 per side) half of them will do nothing but contribute an easy kill for the other team. Matchmaker randomly throws out the good and bad players until all the slots are full. Ideally the idiots would be divided up evenly but that is not how it happens. Matchmaker is not skill based. One team will end up with 10 or 11 dumbasses and the other side will end up with 4 or 5. Needless to say the matches are lopsided too often. If you are unlucky like me you will always get stuck with the idiots.
I hit my low point one day when I lost 28 games in a row. On that 28th game I killed 5 tanks myself (1/3 of the other team) while my teammates just collapsed. It has become tradition for dead players to hang around and blame the loss on the last remaining tank. Guess who that was. The last two minutes of the game were filled with insults and it sent me over the edge. I was tired of kicking ass and only having a 40 something percent win rate. I launched my cordless Logitech mouse across the room. I was at Best Buy the next day.
After that I took a long break and when I came back I made sure to distance myself as much as I could. I turned off chat. Whenever we'd go down by 4 or 5 tanks (You can't recover from this) I'd just suicide and start another match in another tank. I also made it a policy to just quit after 5 losses in a row. I had to grow thicker skin.
The games themselves are tremendous fun. The offset is that there are too many bad players that often ruin the experience. My advice to anyone starting these game is to either distance yourself like I did or join a clan and run with them It helps. DJAYT and I were in one together for a while and it was fun.
You could be describing ONS...
Old 10-24-2015, 01:21 PM   #32
Binger

I've already lost interest in this again. I'm not really sure why. It's fun for a while and then I just stop playing.

There's two things that bother me. I'm thinking at higher tiers they might not be an issue but they bother me right now.

The highest level I made it to was Tier 4. Then I started over with the German tanks and had to go back to Tier 1. When I got my Tier 3 tank and got it all maxed out almost every match I was in was with mostly Tier 4 tanks and a few Tier 5 tanks. No matter what I did I couldn't penetrate the armor of the Tier 5 tanks. I read up on it and I always choose the shells with the highest penetration but no matter how close I was or where I hit the tank I would get the guy saying "We didn't even penetrate their armor". I got so sick of hearing that.

The other thing that bothers me is the view distance. It's crazy that I can clearly see details of terrain and bushes yet there can be a tank right there that is invisible to me. Then suddenly they get close enough and appear. I can even see them knocking over trees but not see the tank. The last match I played in was one of those street maps. I came around a corner and saw a tank at the other end of the street. We exchanged shots then two more enemy tanks came up behind him. I backed off to safety around the building and waited. I zoomed out on my tank so that I could actually see over the building. I waited for a while and nothing seemed to be coming down the street so I moved forward around the corner and all 3 enemy tanks where right there. WTF. I guess I have to have a direct line of sight from the barrel height to be able to see things. That makes since but then why let me zoom out so far in third person if I'm not actually seeing what I think I'm seeing. There are also times when I will have a tank in my sights and it will just disappear. I will have the red outline and will be about to take a shot and it will just disappear without even moving. I'm guessing that's it's out of my view range and was spotted by another tank that no longer sees it but it just seemed stupid to me.

So anyway, thanks for the info Glue. I might come back again someday but I think I'm done with WoT. I just needed to try it again to remember why I quit the first time. I'm sure it gets better at higher tiers but I don't want to grind long enough to get there.

Last edited by Binger; 10-24-2015 at 10:33 PM..
Old 10-25-2015, 02:23 PM   #33
GlueEater
Getting there...

No problem Bing. What you are describing are common issues that inexperienced players suffer with. This game gets real deep and there are many layers involved in something as simple as spotting enemies. Your tanks (and your allies) view range, add on equipment and crew skills in addition to the enemies camouflage rating, add on equipment and crew skills directly affect who you see and for how long. If your view range is 300 meters (with no upgrades) and an ally spots an enemy tank at 320 meters his radio (if it is strong enough) will light the tank up for you. If your ally takes a hit and runs off that enemy tank may disappear before you get a shot off because now you're back to just using your own optics. The maps and all the buildings, trees, vehicles, etc are all pre-rendered so even though the enemy tank has vanished you still may see trees falling over or cars getting crushed. Weird.. I know.
I used to get frustrated when I had my tank maxed out and I'd coming across an enemy with the same vehicle. Some nasty curse words would often ensue after he'd beat me in a straight out face to face battle. Later on I discovered that you can move crews around (for a small gold fee of course) and that players were taking their tier 10 crews (with 5 skill perks each) and moving them into a tier 5 or 8 vehicle. Faster reloading, faster repairs, better chances to do more damage per shot... all this stuff allows them to dominate new players at lower levels.
Matchmaker also has a few quirks that can frustrate new players. It has a tendency to pick the same tiers for almost every match. 1-2. 3-5. 6-8. 9-10. Once I figured this out I started playing my tier 8 Russian heavy with a tier 10 crew and dominated. Many tier 6 and 7 tanks can not penetrate my front armor. There is also angling involved. Keep your tanks angled at about 30 degrees and the chance to pen you also decreases.
Like I said this game gets real deep and I could go on and on and on and on and on..........
Old 01-19-2016, 08:36 PM   #34
Moses378
Just Registered

Really tired right now and don't want to think about WoT.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung S7 case casesam

Last edited by Moses378; 01-20-2016 at 11:08 PM..
Old 05-24-2016, 05:42 PM   #35
DjAy-T
<--CheckOutThe @$$ on her

Check out Glue! Good info... and on the nose the hit lands. If anyone is interested in running in a platoon, hit me up. My in game name is djayt. Im the commander of STARK (Specialized Taskforce of Armor Regiment Killers). My clan is a "fuck with assholes" type of clan... or as we call ourselves "the anti-clan". Its a decent game... it can be frustrating at times. But, pick the right tanks to play and the experience amplifies! Hit me up!
Old 05-26-2016, 03:26 PM   #36
DjAy-T
<--CheckOutThe @$$ on her

Btw. Anyone with a WoT account right now.... if you ever earned a rental tank and its still in your garage. Sell it and u will get credits for the sale. Just click remove. Its a bug with recent update. I sold all 10 of the ones i had and made 12millionbcredits!

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Other Games