Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 09-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #21
Binger

In case you're interested, here's some ideas for Minus. The reason I opened the editor the first time I did was because I wanted to add some detail to Minus. Ground floors, driveways, etc. Sometimes I open it up and work on it but I'll never really do anything with it. It has some elements from your version and the one D-jay did.

Old 09-11-2014, 09:05 PM   #22
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

Looks nifty. Are you still working on it, or did you get to a stopping point? Wouldn't mind using that as a base for a new Randomizer
Old 09-11-2014, 09:37 PM   #23
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
In case you're interested, here's some ideas for Minus. The reason I opened the editor the first time I did was because I wanted to add some detail to Minus. Ground floors, driveways, etc. Sometimes I open it up and work on it but I'll never really do anything with it. It has some elements from your version and the one D-jay did.

Binger, those pictures look really good. It would be nice to have some changes from the three almost-identical MTMU setups currently going on.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:13 PM   #24
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamek View Post
Looks nifty. Are you still working on it, or did you get to a stopping point? Wouldn't mind using that as a base for a new Randomizer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo K View Post
Binger, those pictures look really good. It would be nice to have some changes from the three almost-identical MTMU setups currently going on.
This is just something I play around with sometimes. I will never finish it. It would take a lot of work to add ground floors and driveways and all that. I actually have the most trouble with doors and the main entrances to the buildings. There's no good existing meshes for that.

The OA, outpt, says in the readme, "- This map isn't meant to be realistic; take it for what it is! There are no doors to buildings because the doors would look so small they would hardly be noticable. The map isn't crammed with street furniture and cars and emitters because of the size and nature of it! If you wanted all this, the map would be unplayble unless I made it in the same 'closed' style as Urban, or half the size it is. Get over it!". I see his point but I don't really agree with it. I love this map more than any other but, imo, it's unfinished.

The stuff inside the core area was an attempt to provide better cover when the enemy Mino or Ion tank is spamming it. You can get to the teleporters easier. The openings are still too big though and don't help much against the spamming. It was my first attempt and probably needs to be done better.

This is definitely not meant to be played as is so I don't want to upload it for public but I will put it in a dropbox and PM you guys. Feel free to copy whatever or just use it for ideas. I've probably lost track of some of the things I've done to it so be careful. There could be holes in the terrain and stuff like that.
Old 09-12-2014, 12:08 AM   #25
Kamek
Unreal Goblin Hunter

Sounds like a plan! I think I'm gonna start a new thread in the Mapper's Corner for additional input.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance