Assault Assault Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault

Old 06-08-2014, 12:26 AM   #81
Turbo K
Community Veteran

The AS night today was a very fun 3.5 hours. A lot of people showed up, although many only stayed for one map. We'll have to do another one at the end of the summer.
Old 06-08-2014, 12:46 AM   #82
D_B_X
For Victory - 1 & 2 Dria!

I was there at 7:00, and we played one map with 4 people, I thought it was gonna be a wash.

Then everyone came around 8. (could have swore 7:00 was start time!)

Here's what we did --

Glacier - Red won
Convoy - Red won
Junkyard - (voted out, but Blue won had we kept playing)
TempleofBoom - Blue won
BP2-Subrosa - Red won
FallenCity - Crashed (thanks for reporting that TK, but I think the map couldn't believe that one team could hold for 20 minutes!)
Ionification - Red won
TheDoor - Red won
SpartanRuins - Red won (although in my solo runs it took a lot longer than that to play....)
Thunderstrom - Red won (glad we did this one again)

So 10 maps in about 3.5 hrs because of the highly skilled players we had. I hope everyone enjoyed taking shock combos to the face.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:21 AM   #83
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_X View Post
I was there at 7:00, and we played one map with 4 people, I thought it was gonna be a wash.

Then everyone came around 8. (could have swore 7:00 was start time!)

Here's what we did --

Glacier - Red won
Convoy - Red won
Junkyard - (voted out, but Blue won had we kept playing)
TempleofBoom - Blue won
BP2-Subrosa - Red won
FallenCity - Crashed (thanks for reporting that TK, but I think the map couldn't believe that one team could hold for 20 minutes!)
Ionification - Red won
TheDoor - Red won
SpartanRuins - Red won (although in my solo runs it took a lot longer than that to play....)
Thunderstrom - Red won (glad we did this one again)

So 10 maps in about 3.5 hrs because of the highly skilled players we had. I hope everyone enjoyed taking shock combos to the face.
So "TheDoor" is the name of that map with the "tunnel of death". That was a spam-fest if I've ever seen one.
I was on blue the entire night again, and we only won 2 maps? That's embarrassing.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:00 AM   #84
analog
Community Veteran

The door should be called "The Hallway", Tanks a lot always makes me think of that AS Map
Old 06-08-2014, 10:23 AM   #85
VadersFisting
Getting there...

As expected, I had a great time. Yeah thedoor has a pretty nasty choke point. Probably a good thing then that I wasn't able to remember the map I had wanted to play as_wormhole. Hope we can do this again soon its a great change of pace.
Old 06-08-2014, 01:22 PM   #86
D_B_X
For Victory - 1 & 2 Dria!

Any AS map will be a lot better without bots. TheDoor wasn't really that bad. I'd love to do a few more, like NaliEscape, Castle2K4, Iseal2k4, Retrieval, Osaka, Magma, ChrozoreMines, TarydiumMine, Thief_SE, and even more than that.

Sorry about SpartanRuins all -- it was a bit lopsided, I was probably the only one that knew it.
Old 06-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #87
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_B_X View Post
Any AS map will be a lot better without bots. TheDoor wasn't really that bad. I'd love to do a few more, like NaliEscape, Castle2K4, Iseal2k4, Retrieval, Osaka, Magma, ChrozoreMines, TarydiumMine, Thief_SE, and even more than that.

Sorry about SpartanRuins all -- it was a bit lopsided, I was probably the only one that knew it.
SpartanRuins was a fun map. It was mercifully short and there weren't any chokepoints. TarydiumMine and ChorozoreMines are also pretty good ones.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:02 PM   #88
steve
Server Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog View Post
The door should be called "The Hallway", Tanks a lot always makes me think of that AS Map
My memory of TheDoor boils down to playing for a very long time late one night with all the iX guys on TeamSpeak talking about how much I hated it. That map is always boring as shit, either the defense gets set and it's just spam, die, repeat, or the offense moves fast and nobody knows how to defend. Still, I'll take a long run on AS-TheDoor over ONS-Battlefield any day.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Assault