Map Issues - Requires Maintenance For all your map issues

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance

Old 12-25-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
McGimpkins

Default MinusBadgerMeUp

Played earlier with 32 people and was very laggy. Somebody said it was the rain. Can we remove the rain and/or anything else that would be causing excessive lag on this map?
Old 12-26-2013, 02:25 AM   #2
Wormbo
Wormlike

Because this is usually messed up: What exactly do you mean by "laggy"? Low framerate, perhaps tied to specific areas? Occasional stuttering, usually not tied to any area in particular? Some actions lagging behind the input that caused them?

Rain effects would be responsible for low overall framerate. Occasional stuttering is usually caused by clientside log spam. Only the last thing actually qualifies as "lag" and could be caused by network congestion or serverside log spam.
Old 12-26-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
McGimpkins

Mainly actions lagging behind the input that caused them. Examples: I fire a shot from a badger, 2-3 seconds later the badger shot leaves my cannon. Other people on voice chat complained of dying, then, seeing a cannon shot hitting the location of where they were after they had died. Finally badgers appearing with either no top or missing the mini-gun on top. I would be driving around holding down the fire button and seeing people dying, but not only did I not have a mini-gun on top of my badger, but I would not see the bullets traveling across the screen nor hear the sound of it firing.

Would all of these be byproducts of low frame rate? What else in the map would be causing this? Since other people were complaining about it, I know that it was not just occurring on my computer.

I hope this helps.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:47 AM   #4
Wormbo
Wormlike

No, that's caused by actual network lag and isn't related to framerate or tickrate directly. I don't remember Carpe complaining about serverside log spam on this map, so it might be either complex calculations without log spam or actually too much network traffic.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
Danno'68
Some call me....Danno

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGimpkins View Post
Mainly actions lagging behind the input that caused them. Examples: I fire a shot from a badger, 2-3 seconds later the badger shot leaves my cannon. Other people on voice chat complained of dying, then, seeing a cannon shot hitting the location of where they were after they had died. Finally badgers appearing with either no top or missing the mini-gun on top. I would be driving around holding down the fire button and seeing people dying, but not only did I not have a mini-gun on top of my badger, but I would not see the bullets traveling across the screen nor hear the sound of it firing.
I have the exact same problem on a regular basis. The closer the server gets to the full 32 players, the worse it gets. For me, it usually doesn't start getting flaky until there are about 16-20 players on.

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Mappers' Corner > Map Issues - Requires Maintenance