Onslaught Onslaught Server Discussion

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught

Old 05-18-2020, 12:00 PM   #1
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Default Blame?

Your team is losing, who or what do you blame? Iíve heard several over the years.

1. Noobs and clueless teammates
2. Unbalanced teams
3. Lagged networking issues
4. Unregistered hits
5. Stupid mino driver
6. Somebody is cheating
7. Team isnít communicating
Old 05-18-2020, 01:32 PM   #2
EmanReleipS
CEONSS' Head Honcho III

Can I make a bingo page out of this?

I also offer you:

8. This map sucks
9. This server sucks
Old 05-18-2020, 01:42 PM   #3
YEAAAHHHHHHHHHH
Getting there...

Sometimes I'm just playing more casually than other times. I think any team can only ever get a max of 5-7 people truly putting in 100% effort. Perhaps it depends on the amount of people who are actively making sure they're at the right place at the right time.

Interesting how old this game is, how everyone knows how the link gun works, and you still 15 years later rarely see a triple link even on a full server.
Old 05-18-2020, 10:16 PM   #4
infinitecat
Thin but wiry.

Face it. To some people nodes just aren't that sexy. Noobs death-matching or veteran players screwing with the other side sometime take precedent over team-play. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. But there's never a tie in Onslaught.
Old 05-19-2020, 02:15 AM   #5
McLovin
Fogell from Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitecat View Post
... But there's never a tie in Onslaught.

Truth, but I've seen a team come back from a score of ZERO and win. Why I get discouraged when a team gives up too early.

The map was ONS-Dawn-)0(-V2 or a derivative of that. The team score went below 1 to 0, but not clicked over all the way to 0. GTKY's team came back and won the game.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:57 PM   #6
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

Quote:
Truth, but I've seen a team come back from a score of ZERO and win. Why I get discouraged when a team gives up too early.

Tanks alot is a good map for this to happen...rush 3/7 with ion.

There's really only few true reasons you lost:
1. You didn't show up
2. You didn't do the minimum
3. You didn't get Z meenotaur to zbreedge.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:09 PM   #7
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Perhaps a bit of chaos theory, people death matching while en route to node, some survive, som die, all the while momentum being key for advancing to next node. I remember a game, forgot map name, but the one with basement under stone column with corridors leader into it. I think I was red, we lost almost the whole map, and we 'leap-frogged' it back, someone commented on it being nice "leap-frog" and we won. It takes a certain will, intelligence and timing to get perfect execution. That's how I see some games. Some are akin to clan for one goal, sometimes disarray occurs. Alignment of all players is key for victory. It is like, if electrons are facing the same direction, very strong material. If all kill vectors facing same side, then we all share in the kill. I like McLovins' points, key communication is vital to help off-set chaotic death-match initiatives.

Last edited by Sumugan; 05-20-2020 at 12:52 PM..
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 05-20-2020, 12:44 PM   #8
duh
www.gotse.cx

option 10: blame Mclovin...
Old 05-20-2020, 12:55 PM   #9
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post

The map was ONS-Dawn-)0(-V2 or a derivative of that. The team score went below 1 to 0, but not clicked over all the way to 0. GTKY's team came back and won the game.
I agree, giving up early is a sure way to lose I can see why you would remember that gtku' clutch victory from death. I'd be traumatized if I were in opposition lol
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught