Ah, I see.
Old 08-26-2017, 01:20 AM   #22
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Hoping to see this on the server soon.

A
Old 09-03-2017, 01:50 PM   #23
Binger

I tried messing around with the sybox and I just don't know how to get it to work well with a night sky. The only success I had was to raise the fog ring way up so that there was just a small circle of stars at the top and then I set the fog to black. That was kind of cool and weird but everything around me was lit up like daytime and then the distance was completely black. It would need some lighting work but the black fog thing was kind of neat. I wish I could figure it out because it's always bothered me in Nightwolf.
Old 09-04-2017, 02:37 AM   #24
Binger

Lag, what's your thoughts on letting tanks get all the way across the bridge over the middle? Did you prevent that on purpose? Just wondering. I can see how if someone got a tank over to the other side it could be hell for the other team.

I tried to make a tank fall down the hole but it wanted to get hung up a lot.

https://imgur.com/a/a0i0z
Old 09-04-2017, 10:06 AM   #25
analog
Community Veteran

The slow downloads should be fixed, couple of files missing from the redirect, my bad.
Old 09-04-2017, 12:43 PM   #26
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Thank you for the help!

Andrew
Old 09-04-2017, 07:08 PM   #27
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binger View Post
Lag, what's your thoughts on letting tanks get all the way across the bridge over the middle? Did you prevent that on purpose? Just wondering. I can see how if someone got a tank over to the other side it could be hell for the other team.

I tried to make a tank fall down the hole but it wanted to get hung up a lot.

https://imgur.com/a/a0i0z
Tanks seem to be almost inconsequential on this map except as defense, flyers rock it all. Nice job on this map, just played it and found it to be well balanced and defensible.
Old 09-05-2017, 01:13 AM   #28
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
Tanks seem to be almost inconsequential on this map except as defense, flyers rock it all. Nice job on this map, just played it and found it to be well balanced and defensible.
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

I did try to balance it. Here are some of my thoughts:

Top nodes cover with good air, use the tanks and badgers provided to keep nodes down and fliers away.
Basement center node... think the big vehicles, Shocker, Mega...
Build those support nodes for vehicles.

Andrew
Old 09-06-2017, 12:18 PM   #29
KillerDoggie
Omni doggie

The high tower primaries (8 & something) kind of scare me. We pulled off easy wins because the other team didn't recognize the serious danger there and flyers can end up in short supply making defense of that tower problematic. I like the "secret" advantage that primary offers me for now, however I doubt it will remain a secret for long.
Old 09-09-2017, 07:52 AM   #30
duh
www.gotse.cx

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerDoggie View Post
The high tower primaries (8 & something) kind of scare me. We pulled off easy wins because the other team didn't recognize the serious danger there and flyers can end up in short supply making defense of that tower problematic. I like the "secret" advantage that primary offers me for now, however I doubt it will remain a secret for long.
yeah, we ran into this last night. The other team steam-rolled right over us.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:20 PM   #31
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Much like the old version, you have to control the middle node, or at least keep it down. The new node layout just gets rid of the extra long matches when you don't control the middle...

A
Old 09-10-2017, 08:09 AM   #32
Miauz55555
I'm a cute Cat.

Here you go mate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns8ntk3mv7...wlight.7z?dl=0

Just changed some lights, fog colour, found a little terrain hole (middle node on 2 of the big rocks), skybox.. may need some more/other lights now on the terrain/ on the extra nodes (Lamppost?), in the middle node (I just put general light in it without a SM), and on the core where the flyers are. It's not 100% away, but better I think. May a new minimap.

DiscordServer; SteamGroup; WebSite
Old 09-10-2017, 01:26 PM   #33
Lagzilla
Getting there...

Sweet! I will check this out. Thank you for looking at it!

A
Old 09-19-2017, 10:53 AM   #34
{glr}pooty
Mostly a target...

A couple of thoughts after playing last night.

Once you lose 11 (middle node) its really difficult to get it back. Only way to get to 8/9 upper nodes is with the high flyers (raptor/cicada).

It'd be nice to have some jumppads that take you right to those primaries...or base teleporter to point where the bridge meets the cliff wall, or at some point on the cliff wall-- a short run to the primary and yet some avrils and shock rifle to pester enemy flyers.

I think Lag said there's jumpads on the tower, but what I was thinking was a fast way to get some infantry up to 8/9 to hold off the enemy from the primary....

I think the Odin is underused..the primary fire while potent is very slow, but no one ever uses the gunner seats which might provide some decent air defense...
Old 09-19-2017, 12:41 PM   #35
Enyo
Getting there...

Pooty, some rebuttal to your comments...

11 is easy enough to get back with the right hardware. Lagzilla likes to take the Megabadger down there to protect, a good tactic. BUT, the mega is no match for the wind blade manta (available top of core). Just ask Lag, I've knocked him out of the mega twice on that map and stolen it. The wind blade is useless against nodes, but awesome against vehicles and infantry, knocking both all over the place.

You can get to 8/9 without a flyer. You can take a manta up the hill by the core entrance (left side if facing from outside) and ride along the bridge that connects 8 & 9. That's actually a great way to sneak up on anyone at one of those nodes.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:11 PM   #36
Binger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miauz55555 View Post
Here you go mate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ns8ntk3mv7...wlight.7z?dl=0

Just changed some lights, fog colour, found a little terrain hole (middle node on 2 of the big rocks), skybox.. may need some more/other lights now on the terrain/ on the extra nodes (Lamppost?), in the middle node (I just put general light in it without a SM), and on the core where the flyers are. It's not 100% away, but better I think. May a new minimap.
Lol, you set the fog to black. You stole my idea. Mine looks better anyway.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:27 PM   #37
Lagzilla
Getting there...

How about this:

Last edited by Lagzilla; 09-19-2017 at 04:46 PM..
Old 09-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #38
Sumugan
Nubbin' it since '04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
How about this:

Looks BeautiFUL!
Send a message via AIM to Sumugan Send a message via MSN to Sumugan Send a message via Yahoo to Sumugan Send a message via Skype™ to Sumugan Sumugan is offline  
Old 09-19-2017, 05:53 PM   #39
Terminator
Getting there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enyo View Post
Pooty, some rebuttal to your comments...

11 is easy enough to get back with the right hardware. Lagzilla likes to take the Megabadger down there to protect, a good tactic. BUT, the mega is no match for the wind blade manta (available top of core). Just ask Lag, I've knocked him out of the mega twice on that map and stolen it. The wind blade is useless against nodes, but awesome against vehicles and infantry, knocking both all over the place.

You can get to 8/9 without a flyer. You can take a manta up the hill by the core entrance (left side if facing from outside) and ride along the bridge that connects 8 & 9. That's actually a great way to sneak up on anyone at one of those nodes.
There is also a Shocker on the map too and it should always go to 11 for either defense or to bring it down. There is also a Nova on the map which 95% of players have no clue how to use.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #40
Turbo K
Community Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagzilla View Post
How about this:
Is that where your Slated World edit ended up?

Go Back   Omnip)o(tentS Forums > SERVERS > Unreal Tournament > Onslaught